You were destined to die in a Type 0 civilization

>you were destined to die in a Type 0 civilization

how do we achieve immortality now Veeky Forums? Isn't it worth fighting for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TqKQ94DtS54
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you are a selfish shitbag

how so fuccboi
building habitats isn't hard
there's room for trillions on earth if you used all the millions of sqaure miles properly

Fighting for this is the reason we are alive in the first palce.

We're in a sixth mass extinction. There is no room left.

whe the Sun dies, it's taking us with him.
knowing this, why should anything be worth something?

Generation ships.

>getting on a ship that is supposed to last centuries or millennia with no replacement parts and maintenance from only what you bring

I wouldn't even do that on an ocean ship.

Only applies if humanity NEVER EVER goes interplanetary. Or the Second Coming isn't before then.

The only hope we have is trans humanism I guess?

It really depends on the time we spend and if we don't nuke each other.

You'll eventually die. Why do anything at all?

I think it's worth fighting for. That's why studying aging and age-related disease are my primary career concerns.

"We" probably won't live to see it happen, but maybe humanity can achieve it if we convince people to stop being dingdongs and go into STEM.

no way would this planet ever manage a trillion humans.

unless all 1 trillion operate and behave similarly (like Japan)
otherwise we will just extinct ourselves through war long before the population reaches 50 billion

the 12th billion human on earth will never be born according to the UN, population will stabilize, but consumption not.

>us
us as in the planet or us as in humanity?

because if you mean humanity, we will long be dead before the sun even has the chance to go red giant.

Humanity at best has 350,000,000 years left on this planet before the sun's luminosity and other environmental factors render this planet hostile to human life.

You know how 50 years ago people thought we'd have flying cars by now?
Well, its the same with AI, interstellar travel and immortality.
In 50 years people will sit in their slightly faster cars laughing at you for being so stupid, while yelling at the boardcomputer because voice recognition will never fully work.
Just kidding, in 50 years there's only black people and they dont build cars.

maybe...just maybe hollywood simply couldn't make advanced computers in sci fi at the time but could easily use special effects to make a flying car?
Ever thought of that?
people expected tech to evolve into directions they could easily concieve off, like space travel. Unfortunatley space travel has little economic value, but computers do

Our lifes gonna be just as shitty as today, just with another shitty gadget in our pockets.
If we're lucky civilization collapses before we reach the point where we say 'well, I don't think we can progress any further', then we'll at least die with our imagination of what could've been.

the world needs both pessimists and optimists, your stance is a valid stance, but other stances are valid too, as no one really knows

youtube.com/watch?v=TqKQ94DtS54
the earth is a big place
you must recall that most of the land area on earth is uninhabited, not even farms
it only seems like it's overpopulated because of shitholes like india and china

Flying cars have been a valid technology for a while now, and the issue isn't that we aren't technologically capable; it's that people are shitty enough drivers for no government legislation to ever let them pilot personal aircraft with a basic driver's license.

stop defining your existence by a random fictional type system you brainlet

These threads are pointless. You need to at least define immortality for us to have a discussion.