Is a gravity well omnidirectional? also, what would be the opposite of a gravity well? an explosion?

is a gravity well omnidirectional? also, what would be the opposite of a gravity well? an explosion?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blindsight_(Watts_novel)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_even_wrong
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamagnetism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes.

An antigravity fount? There are scifi possibilities in that... any of you guys write?

OP here, i've just been thinking about it, i write a little. and my mind was just confused by it. if gravity is essentially intensified by this, and the force is one that "pulls", would the opposite, a gravity hill, say, repulse?

also, i had the question about dark matter come to me, the concept that it influences matter by degrees enough to ensure that present models in space hold together, galaxies or whatever, is there an opposing influence by matter on dark matter? can dark matter be manipulated theoretically by using an inverse of the same principles it uses to manipulate matter?

also, are there models of omnidirection? are you sure it's omnidirectional, or are there angles that it theoretically doesn't apply to?

>are you sure it's omnidirectional
it is and it has nothing to do with angles
it propagates around the object that's causing it

okay, i guess i put too much thought in the idea of a well.

we really need to drop the grid mat visualizations, they just give people wrong impression

>That picture

Gave me a hearty chuckle.

i agree. it gives the sense of distance between the intensity of gravity and the object itself in my mind. but, what can you do?
also, anyone know what this picture is?

Gravity is magnetism, controversial statement but they exhibit similar qualities. However what is different is field coherency and the dielectric quality of material. Earth is a mass of incoherently aligned matter, but the fact that it spins and orbits the sun gives it coherency.
When you spin a gyroscope, you are making matter (which all matter is a dielectric condensate) coherent. That's why it becomes stable on one axis, because you are taking matter and spinning it and thereby spinning the dielectric plane(bloch wall) which in turn spins the magnetic fields that keep it aligned. Obviously the earths magnetic and dielectric fields and so much larger that the gyroscope will still fall and succumb to the greater forces exerted by them.

TL;DR: Gravity doesn't exist, but yes the force is omni-directional. and the "well" you speak of is a centripetal and centrifugal vortex of the bloch wall.

maybe all the garbage we've ejected into space with some snazzy graphics

>picrelated
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blindsight_(Watts_novel)

As someone who recently acquired a master's degree in physics, no

dinosaurs didn't get killed from meteors, it was killed by gas released from meteor impacts.

>physics degree
RIP

Oh well that is just great! As a physics expert you should then be able to tell me why I am wrong. I will give you a few starting points to disprove my claim. You could:
1.explain to me what a "field" is in field theory .
2.explain to me what an "electron" is.
3.explain to me what properties space has. (trick question!)
4.explain to me how a magnet works.

bump

Yes, gravity is an omnidirectional vector
There is no opposite of gravity, as gravity cannot repel

I'm guessing this is some pet theory of yours. But like this user said, no.

gravity and magnetism do not exhibit similar qualities. Magnetism only affects certain materials - gravity is universally attractive. The force mediators are completely different as well. I'm not sure what you mean by 'incoherently aligned matter,' I'm assuming you're trying to talk about magnetic domains, which has nothing to do with matter 'spinning' or 'orbiting'. When you spin a gyroscope, conservation of angular momentum is what makes it stable, not whatever-the-fuck-coherent-bullshit you just made up.

tl;dr - You're an idiot and I hate you.

this is you:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_even_wrong

still did not prove me wrong

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamagnetism

Read the part where it says all materials. Ignore anything that says "quantum", we aren't talking about magic bumping particles that don't exist.
I compared gravity and magnetism as a conceptual starting point then went onto say "gravity does not exist" because it fucking doesn't and there still isn't proof to this day that there is. The induction of the dielectric plane CAUSES the magnetic fields to also spin, mass being comprised of nothing but those two elements.
The earth is a magnet on a larger celestial scale. What makes it a COHERENT MASS is the fact that it SPINS and is in ORBIT with another COHERENT mass. Small scale on earth there are billions of other masses that are incoherent, which is why when you put a coherent mass like a magnet on the soil it doesn't do shit.
What do you think is in between the torus of a magnetic field? Space? Strings? Quantum glue or whatever the fuck they're calling it now? Did you ever wonder why everything in nature is somehow linked to the Fibonacci sequence? Have you ever wondered why "Atoms" have the same field? It's the same, fucking shit, and it keeps on getting smaller.
1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21 and it keeps on going FOREVER and it is INCOMMENSURABLE (no common measurement). This is how the universe moves and stays in motion forever with the sequence only getting larger.