Only $5 tip? You shouldn't be ordering food if you can't pay for it

>only $5 tip? You shouldn't be ordering food if you can't pay for it.

I work delivery and I'm damn grateful for a five dollar tip. I'll fucking bring the guy extra condiments and shit the next time I deliver if I know I'm getting five bucks

(Probably) Guaranteed replies

>tfw paying the exact price with a RFID debit card

>$5 tip
Fuck you think I'm made of, gold bullion?
I give a $3 tip because getting to my apartment is a pain in the ass.

pizza doesn't have condiments, m8

ketchup and mayo

Condiments turn dry pizza crust into delicious bread sticks.

but i did pay for the food, i just didn't give you a handout.

I already paid extra to have it delivered, you're not getting "extra extra money", you greedy motherfucker.

why would the pizza crust be dry?

fuck this meme, like said they're godsent

You should have stayed in school if you want more money :^)

$5 is a moderately good tip, and i always tip here because the delivery guy has about a 50/50 chance of making it back with his wallet and shoes.

could someone explain tipping to me. i know that it's giving money away but why would i tip a waiter but not someone doing a difficult/important job?

This. Always give the driver five tip, he will always get your pizza to you fast.
Hell of I'm too lazy to drive 5 miles, I don't mind tipping.

Its an american thing where waiters/delivery people are underpaid and the employers expect them to make their own wage out of tips

>they charge a "delivery fee" and want a tip on top of that

The concept of tipping is that you gave a person who you felt did a really good job of serving you extra money. Sadly, it's devolved into an expectation to the point that the people working the jobs get paid less than minimum wage to compensate for the tips they're expected to receive. It's just yet another thing that we've fucked up over time.

Here you're tip: get a real fucking job, loser white boy. lol

>Business pays employee $3-5/hr
>Business sells food for far cheaper because wage costs are zilch
>Customer tips employee $2-5 depending on the size of the order
>Waiter walks away with $12-30/hr, plus a shitload of tax-free income because muh cash tips
>Business makes more profit
>Customer gets cheaper food
It's a win/win/win, but the forced expectation is fucking obnoxious because the stupid cunts will scream and bitch about it later as though they didnt just make $150 in a single shift.

>Business sells food for far cheaper because wage costs are zilch
wage costs don't mean shit in food service, for a lot of places spoiled food is a bigger cost than payroll.

Because it doesn't have sauce on it, shitloaf. Try to keep up.

>tax-free income because muh cash tips

Tips are still taxable income.
Pretending otherwise is fraud.

Do you ever interact with people irl? Obviously not, otherwise you'd realize how people deal with cash money.

i get that but why not just pay the workers properly and put the "real prices" on the menu?
apparently tipping id "mandatory" anyways so the difference is just that you know exactly the price of what you're buying instead of having x as price but you still "have" to add y to the total price.
how exactly does the customer get cheaper food? because of the tax evasion?
seems pretty neglible price change imo. doesn't that just boil down to screwing the government?

>how exactly does the customer get cheaper food
If you don't have to pay your employees anything then you can have lower prices without losing profits, increasing the number of customers you get and product sold.

The only people who get cheaper food are the ones who don't tip. Don't tell me I'm getting something out of this stupid system.

>Tips are still taxable income.
Yes, and because it's cash you can just "lol i only made this many!"
If you're self employed and make less than 35k you can say "cash accounting" on your taxes and basically claim whatever you want instead.

The IRS is easy to fool.

t. Subhuman shitkin

The IRS is not easy to fool, they just don't give a shit about disputing peasant change.

*Shitskin
Fuck this keyboard.

that's for the employer though, i was asking about the customer.
either he pays the higher price and no tips or lower price and tips. sure, there's the possibility of paying the lower price and not tipping but i've always gotten the impression that tipping is essentially obligatory in the us.

Tips are the fucking worst. Just charge me for the service and pay your worker accordingly.

Restaurants I've been to that are "no tipping" (i.e. they pay real wages) are on average $20-25 for a meal and drink
Places that do tipping are about $10, so I save $10-15 depends on how much I choose to tip. Which is at most 25%, so it's still considerably cheaper for me.

Except for maybe a few pop&mom places, prices of food definitely aren't be lowered because of lower minimum wage.

>Eating at chain restaurants where the chef has no control or influence on the quality of the food

What kind of takeaway/fast food meal are you getting for $25? That's extortionate, tips or no tips. The other price you posted, minus the tip, is the going rate everywhere else. You guys are being conned with the tips thing.

She's talking about those new-fangled sit-down restaurants that advertise they are a "no tipping" establishment. Usually they're much more expensive.

$5 is considered stupid generous.

$2 or $3 depending on the distance is the norm.

> takeaway/fast food
I'm...I'm not getting either of those at a restaurant
Do you only think of the food industry in terms of McChickens and Delivery?

I see. I assumed we were talking about fast food given the OP. That seems like a reasonable price in that case.

I don't agree. Like mentioned, I can walk into a local favorite of mine and get some great food for about $7-9 for the meal, $3.50 for a pint of strong ale, and be out the door for about $14-16, and that's well over the normal tipping percentage.

Alternatively, the last of these "no tipping" establishments I went to was pretty good food, but no better than the former restaurant. However, the price was about $12-18 for meals, and $6+ for all of the beers.

Now, this is just one specific example, but I believe that tipping only gets bad when you feel like you have to tip $5+ on a $9 tab. Usually, I see younger people doing this, like the waiter is going to cause a scene if they don't tip 40%+.

>Customer gets cheaper food

They get exactly the same priced food, but are lied to by the price tag.

Yes that's generally how a business operates

ONLY $5?? That's almost two gallons of gas you ungrateful shitbird.

Get a real job.

>get 4 dollar tip in cash
>"yeah man he only gave me 1 dollar what a fucking cheapskate"

I do the same thing to Jimmy johns
Fuck them

You've clearly never delivered to white trash

chicken and bacon pizza with a side of ranch and buffalo is guaranteed white trash

>being a nigger
>tells him to get a real job when he is too illiterate to know the different bwtwen you're and your.

YOURE too stupid to insult
Your mom is a minimum wage making whore

Do you see the difference nigger?

Every delivery place I've looked at in the past couple years charges minimum $3 for delivery.

That's your tip assholes.

I don't care if you think otherwise. I'm not paying for a delivery and then tipping a delivery driver. Fuckin' ridiculous.

What does this mean? No tip? I'm too scared to order food from a place again after I don't tip. I knew one guy who used to piss in a bucket of Papa John's tomato sauce. And he was the assistant manager.

They sell dipping sauce for the crust

I trully wonder. What kind of job would a delta who didn't know the difference between "your" and "you're" have? Service industry obviously, but how low? Really gets the ol' pinwheel a spinnin'.

Hes right. Pay 8 dollars for a pizza that would normally be 11 but have to tip the guy 5 bucks.

These threads always have idiots like these guys who don't fully understand how tipping works.

Laws regarding tips are mandated by the state. Almost half of the states in the US require that employers pay their employees minimum wage in addition to any tips they receive. So lots of the time, the tip is not going to some poor widdle food carrier who don't get paid a fair wage. It's in addition to a minimum wage, and quite frankly, minimum wage is all that a server really deserves.

The rest of the states allow employers to deduct tips from the wages of employees up to about 60%. However, it is still absolutely illegal to pay an employee less than minimum wage. The owner DEDUCTS THE TIPS, and will never ever legally be able to pay an employee less than minimum wage for any reason whatsoever.

And, I can tell you for a fact, that the owners of businesses are not passing those savings on to you. The prices in tip-deducting states are not less than the prices in non-tip-deducting states. That tip money they boss deducts from their employees wages is going directly in their own pockets. Your tips are likely going towards paying the owner of that establishment TWICE FOR THE SAME MEAL.

Fuck off with this poor underpaid server bullshit. Every server makes minimum wage and there is no reason any patron of any food serving establishment should feel bad about that.

I highly recommend you get blue cheese for your crust

Delivery folk arnt that shitty op. Last wee I had to pay in quarters. I appoligez for tipping in coins and the dude laughed and said it was more common than most people think and not to worry about it.