What is your favorite recipe that requires 5 ingredients or less? it's been awhile since i've cooked something new...

what is your favorite recipe that requires 5 ingredients or less? it's been awhile since i've cooked something new, and since i'm a broke college student, i want to learn something simple.

Other urls found in this thread:

foodnetwork.com/shows/5-ingredient-fix/recipes
youtu.be/1q4icTc0gOY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Put some garlic and onion in a pan and cook until golden, mix in some ground beef until cooked. Put some spaghetti sauce on top and let it simmer for a while. Then put spaghetti noodles in. 5 Ingredients. Tastes pretty good.

Spaghetti aglio e olio
>spaghetti
>olive oil
>garlic
>crushed red pepper
>parsley
>>salt

S T E A K

>butter
>salt
>pepper
>meat

Haluski (the American version, anyway)

Bacon
Onions
Cabbage
Egg Noodles

Fry up the bacon
Remove it from the pan, but keep the grease Use that grease to cook your veggies (onions first, because they take longer)
When the veggies are softened, add the bacon back
Mix in your boiled egg noodles
Done

You can add black pepper and paprika if you wanna go all out, and maybe some butter if you need extra fat.

Carnitas
Pork shoulder steaks 2" thick
Salt
Tortillas
Lime
Salsa

Heavily salt pork on both sides. Put into baking dish large enough to fit all pieces. Add 1/2 to 1 cup water depending on size of baking dish, water should come no more than halfway up the pork. Dover dish with foil, braise for 90 minutes at 350. Remove foil and raise heat to 450. Cook for 30 minutes or until water is evaporated. Fry in remaining fat turning every 3-5 minutes until both sides are brown and crispy.

Shred pork, assemble with the rest of ingredients.

Try idiot-proof beef stew? It's got only a handful of ingredients but honestly it's delicious. You can replace the beef with lamb and use lamb stock, and it also tastes amazing.

This will serve like 8 people, or keep for 3 days or so.

1) Make 1L of beef stock, either make your own or use 3 beef stock cubes (like OXO) or 1 Knorr beef stock pot, you can also mix & match and use a vegetable cube with 2 beef or vice versa. Mix the stock cubes / stock pot with 1L of boiling water
2) Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper

Main ingredients:
1kg diced beef (stewing beef is best, use shin or skirt if possible)
3 large oxtail chunks
1 diced onion
3 diced carrots
3 diced celery sticks
2 tbsp cornflour to thicken

1) Add diced veg to bottom of slowcooker
2) Add the diced beef over the top
3) Add the oxtails on top of the chunks
4) Pour over the beef stock and top up the slowcooker with boiling water until the meat is fully covered
5) Cook slowly overnight or all day
6) Remove the oxtail bones
7) Add the corn flour to half a cup of cold water and stir well to leave no lumps
8) Mix it in to the stew to thicken (repeat the previous step if it is not thick enough for you)

If there is stew left over, leave it to sit overnight, it will taste better the next day.

aw yeah boii love that shit

>>butter
>>salt
>>pepper
>>meat
If you fry it in butter, aren't you supposed to blend it with olive oil to stop the butter from burning? That would at least take it up to 5 ingredients.

You forgot your thyme

Favorite time of day to eat this meal:
> Morning

Meal:
> Steak (Medium rare), lightly salted/peppered. (No steak sauce)

> 3 Eggs (over-easy)
> Hash-browns (Add cheddar cheese, light onions, light peppers, and light mushrooms)

> Large cup of 2% milk to go with it (or possibly water w/lemon).

disgusting

leave

t. elitist amateur chef who totally cooks better than michelin star chefs

Spaghetti and meatballs, but instead of meatballs you use italian sausage.

Add some lemon juice. Also great with some parm. Definitely one of those dishes that is much more than the sum of its parts.

>> Hash-browns (Add cheddar cheese, light onions, light peppers, and light mushrooms)

Hashbrows scattered, smothered, covered, peppered, and capped.

FTFY

B L T
L
T

Also the slightly more refined

C L U B
L
U
B

There was a Food Network show called Five Ingredient FIx. Here is a list of the recipes from the show

foodnetwork.com/shows/5-ingredient-fix/recipes

>more than the sum of its parts
>so braindead he actually quotes youtube personalities exactly without attribution

>instant ramen
>bacon
>egg
>green onion
>spinach

im sure you can figure it out

wait do spices count?

Oatmeal. Good cheap and easy. Wether you're poor or rich if this isn't a part of your diet you are doing something wrong

Cornbread is cheap and easy. Filling too.

du wat?

Mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, olive oil, black pepper, bread.
Easy as fuck, perfect for summer.

All of the best pizzas I've had followed the 3 ingredients rule
Pasta Carbonara is really good and usually only uses cheese, pasta, egg, pork and herbs
Never eaten a lasagna that had more than noodle, bolognese, parm, ricotta and herbs and usually it's pretty good
really pretty much any classic homestyle italian cuisine which ironically is what I've spent my whole life cooking

diced potato
olive oil
garlic
rosemary
red pepper flakes
salt

cheap af, easy. i usually microwave it too cus im lazy

Bread

We need to talk about what constitutes an ingredient.

3 ingredient rule for pizza excludes dough and sometimes sauce

>mushrooms
>minced garlic
>worcestershire
>olive oil
>herbs

Serve over your choice of starch. also you can switch up the worcestershire with soy sauce and/or balsamic vinegar. It's good, filling shit when meat starts getting too expensive.

we have an winrar. bread + butter == delicious af

Onion soup.

>butter
>salt+pepper
>onion
>water/stock/wine
>milk/cream

Chop the onion, put the butter in a por, put the onions in the same pot, stir until they've softened, add liquid (about quarter of a cup per onion), let it simmer, add more liquid and salt and pepper, let it simmer again, add milk/cream (about a
quarter of a cup per onion), stir. It's quite literally ready, and only takes a pot.

>2% milk
>not whole milk
get out you communist

Rice and beans bitch. You're not poor until you're living off food stamps money and figured out how to best live off that

>sweet potato fries
>fried seitan
>peas
>fried rice
>scrambled egg

Egg burschettas, basically pan toasted bread in olive oil, a fried egg and some tomatoes and onions in an olive oil fine herbs mixture

>eggs
>bread
>tomatoes
>onions
>olive oil
Herbs are optional and probably dont make a difference

Also my fablv breakfast

Chorizo fried with eggs and tomatoes, you just fry everything in the same pan so they get some chorizo grease, add some lime juice when cooking for some freshness

>Chorizo
>eggs
>tomatoes
>lime
>oil

Spicy tomato sauce with basil for spaghetti.

Cook sliced chili & garlic in olive oil on low heat while boiling pasta
Before the garlic browns add Tomato sauce, season it with salt/pepper
Heat it to a boil, take off the heat and add basil leaves
Mix into drained pasta and serve. You can add parmesan but its not mandatory.

Buterbrod dear comrade

Rice
Tomato sauce
Fried egg
Fried banana or yuca or whatever, it's optional

Fucking 10/10

most recipes are 5 ingredients or less, expecially when looking at meat or staple foods.

Spaghetti carbonara
>spaghetti
>guanciale (or pancetta, or bacon)
>egg
>black pepper
>pecorino cheese (or parmesan)

Also

Basic fried rice
>rice
>garlic
>ginger
>oil
>egg
gets better with almost any extra ingredient you can think of, so it's great for leftover veggies and such

pane e pomodoro:
Take a piece of italian bread and lightly oil it with olive oil, squeeze the guts of a tomato onto the bread and rub the juice into it, sprinkle a bit of oregano and salt on it.

tomato and bocconcini:
Chop up the remaining parts of the tomato used above and toss it separately with a bit of olive oil, balsamic, salt, and bocconcini cheese.

Served with red wine, this is an extremely italian thing to eat.

These also pair very well with a quick fry steak.

Eggs
Cheddar
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Coconut oil

My favorite breakfast
>egg
>corn tortilla
>El Yucateco hot sauce
>cilantro
>salt

American chopsuey
>pasta
>ground beef
>diced onion
>crushed tomatoes or any tomato sauce
>whatever cheeses/seasonings you want
Banana french toast
>2 eggs
>1 mashed overripe banana
>6 slices whole grain bread
>ground cinnamon

youtu.be/1q4icTc0gOY

Budget Carbonara.
>spaghetti
>bacon
>egg
>olive oil
>garlic powder

>meat
>potatoes
>carrots
>onions
>beer

My favorite Breakfast sandwich
fried egg
Jack Cheese
Toasted bread
Mayo
Sriracha

Green beans
Bacon
Water chestnuts fried in bacon grease
Chicken (and if I'm feeling extremely lazy)
Spices and couple splashes of soy sauce

It actually turns out pretty good despite being just a bunch of ingredients thrown together in a pot and mixed together.

*Canned if lazy

>broccoli stir-fry with cheese and nuts
>spaghetti carbonara
>tamago-kake gohan
>meat stew
>garlic bread
>toasted ciabatta with tomato, mozzarella and pesto
>karelian pasties with eggbutter and smoked salmon

And just about every other dish I can think of, actually.

Biscuits.

Flour, butter, baking powder, milk.

Add cheese, herbs, etc to flavor. Or slather them in honey, syrup, or gravy (can make gravy from same ingredients, plus bacon or sausage).

Super easy (25 mins), cheap, filling, and flavorful if done right.

Forget about the sauce & spaghetti. Substitute it for cumin, cinnamon, and a cup of cooked rice. There you got riz bi lahm, a Lebanese classic.
Ok, I know it's 6 ingredients, but everybody should have garlic, cumin, cinnamon, and rice in their pantry. The only stuff you'd have to buy would be onions and ground beef.

>Beef
>Potatoes
>Esparragus
>Mushrooms
>Spinach

1)Cut potatoes in quarts skin on, drop in boiling salted water. Blanch for 6 minutes.
2) Grill meat.
3)Olive oil in sautée pan. Sautée potatoes until golden, add butter and garlic salt.
4)Add chopped mushrooms, esparragus and spinach. Add Maggi seasoning sauce.
5) Cut meat 2 in. thick and add in.

6) (Optional) Add in cooked rice.

Oreo sandwiches
>a few oreo tops and bottoms crushed with milk into a pasty dough baked at 300F until a solid cookie (3oz portion scoops)
>gouda (beemster is best), swiss gruyere, smoked mozz, and white cheddar
>4oz of ground pork/beef (50/50 ratio is ideal), seasoned with salt pepper mustard and a tiny bit of white wine vin
>cheesecake batter(favorite recipe or premade)
bake in oven at 350F for about 10 mins and you have the best sweet, sour and savory sandwich ever

Bread

1. Water
2. Yeast
3. Flour
4. Salt

5. Olive oil for the bowl you let it raise in.

>olive oil
>not neutral vegetable oil
Shiggy diggy, unless it's an olive loaf. Don't want any flavors in my bread except for what can be built by the fermentation of the starter and the dough plus whatever other grains I add.
Sometimes I use EVOO for cheesy bread because it works with my proprietary cheese blend, but for my sourdoughs, oat bread, seeded, etc, I would never use anything but neutral oil
t. mid-high vol. bread baker (180-200kg of bread/wk)

Lettuce (not iceberg)
Kidney beans
Capers
Anchovies
Dressing

Say hello to salad.

Creme brulee is just milk, cream, vanilla, eggs, and sugar.

>Before it browns

why though

No one likes browned garlic slices.
Same with pizza, you need to put garlic slices at the bottom so they dont brown.

Fatass breakfast porridge:
>One cup of oatmeal
>Good amount of milk
>One beaten egg
>One tablespoon of cinnamon

Simmered in a pot until thick as wallpaper paste.

The godinez breakfast