Go to one of the front page, top 50 subreddits, like r/TodayILearned

>go to one of the front page, top 50 subreddits, like r/TodayILearned
>login or make a new account
>make a new post with the key words 'flat earth' in the title field
>?????
>wonder why would the post gets automatically hidden, doesn't show up in the 'new' tab

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W0yBX68g3vk
youtube.com/watch?v=EvmED6XH-3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=7FcvtZFXOu8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>reddit
you have to go back

never

Because Reddit has mods that do their job, apparently. Also this

mods =/= shadowban wordfilter

also, explain why this 'silly phrase' is banned? what are the mods afraid of, someone believing in a ridiculous hoax without any real evidence?
is it illegal to post a 'jokes' on this website?

In your case the ban was 100% justified.

However many subs will shadowban you for political, corporate or personal reasons.
Also many of the science subs will allow garbage to float to the top just because they agree with them and they will delete/ban good posters.

Examples:
RT is banned from world news.
Half the posts in all popular subs are advertisements
Askhistorians allows only friends of mods to post and only if they agree with you
You're not allowed to post with a new account in many subs, in theory to guard against spam, in reality to deanonymize you.
/r/videos does not allow videos with unjustified police brutality, but they do with justified. they only showcase the positive image of the police
etc etc

Reddit has become much more disgusting lately.
Everything you click is tracked, and affiliates receive notice, soon enough profiles will be gone along with the ability to scan through a persons posts and the ability to review and delete your own posts.
Reddit is kinda scary because of how many people fall for obvious manipulation techniques.

I imagine it gets a little annoying having troll threads with guaranteed 100s of replies every time. I'm still not sure why so many people even care about flat earth trolls but alas, they do.

>mods =/= shadowban wordfilter
Someone had to set it up. If I was in charge of this dump, anyone starting a thread about flat earth would be permab&
>also, explain why this 'silly phrase' is banned?
To reduce the amount of shitposts. Cf. this thread and the 9 other threads I have filtered.

it's a global conspiracy

I tried it on TIL, it's true

Of all things to be filtered, why this? It's not jailbait, shemale, gangbang or buttrape, just merely mentioning flat earth.
What harm could come from such an seemingly innocuous phrase in the eyes of the lovely people that control the most popular subreddits, one must wonder.
Even if people were posting this stuff all the time just to troll, it's nothing bad, so what's wrong with a little 'humor'?

>Things I learned today
>ZOMG!!!11!! THE EARTH IS FLAT
Gee, I wonder why it's filtered. mean Veeky Forums doesn't have the user base plebbit does, nor the obvious set up, yet we get daily flat earth shitposts. It's filtered for the obvious reason that if it were not, there would be far too many bored faggots like you trolling constantly.

no such thing
I discovered the filter while trying to share this neutral fact with the plebbit TIL community: that Kyle MacDonald, of "one red paperclip" fame, actively discusses FE on this Youtube channel

youtube.com/user/kylemacmac2

You discovered that trolling isn't allowed, while attempting to troll. Okay. How about you fuck off?

Since when did sharing information with a NPOV title become 'trolling'?
Around the same time that cointel-mossad got into Veeky Forums?

>the earth is convex
tards

youtube.com/watch?v=W0yBX68g3vk

very silly, gonna have to one up it

youtube.com/watch?v=EvmED6XH-3Y

youtube.com/watch?v=7FcvtZFXOu8

For fucks sake:

Do not feed trolling shitposters.
Report, hide and move on.
Sage goes in every field.

>when you can't explain the gelled stiff hair, harnesses, or spacewalk bubbles and the cognitive dissonance too strong

reddit has always been a censorship loving shithole

Hide threads with the word 'reddit' in them to improve quality of life.

And miss out on good threads taking the piss out of reddit like this one? Your loss
Will not be missed, etc.

>Makes a thread with triggering word that causes sperg epidemic where 99% of posts are shitposts

Redditors are worse than flat earthers

how the fuck is this a good thread you retarded fucking imbecile?

because you're here~~~!
Also because the earth really is an amazing place when you put down the ego based fear of being wrong and research both 'sides'

You have to go back

tfw someone shitted on your flat earth thread months ago, but now they're woke , disgruntled loner but humblly thankful for the experience of breaking the dissonance spell.

why the fuck are anti-vaxxers and flat earth believers so popular lately?

It wasn't always as centralized and well-organized.
Reddit has a lot of great content, too bad they can take it down and make it disappear at will.

They aren't. It's just one or two people being amplified by the internet