Steak menu of a trendy burger place in Berlin. Opinions?

Steak menu of a trendy burger place in Berlin. Opinions?

Other urls found in this thread:

pewglobal.org/2016/06/28/americas-international-image/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I usually go for ribeye or new york strip

Good to see they wont cook a filet over medium. If you take a filet past medium you might as well just order the strip teak or the flank.

why are germs O B S E S S E D with america?

Most Germans actually hate the USA with a passion.

My boss is from Germany, born and bred. He lived there over 30 years and came to America to get rich. He now owns his own company and is making good money and..hates America and Americans. I can attest to this.

Is this the kind of place you'd order a €50 steak from?

nuke berlin disgusting shithole

Do your country a favor and burn down the place.

FAT=FLAVA

That´s the bird. It is pretty popular among the young, yuppie hipsters.

I have walked by but never eaten there.

I am sure the food is better than the crowds there.

why is everything in English?

hating america and israel is kind of accepted in vast circles of german society.
in both cases not with the reasoning foreigners would expect.
USA
>leftwing reasoning:
>vietnam, iraq, fake moral superiority while being just as cruel in the pursuit of their goals like russia/north korea/china whatever
>rightwing reasoning:
>germany marionette of the USA, i hate foreigners, love for putin
Israel
>leftwing reasoning:
>poor palestineans, israel new 3rd reich, marionette of the US, in reality either stupid or hate jews
>rightwing reasoning:
>israel evil, but really its just " i hate jews"

It's in Berlin

Are they halal?

What do you think?

what does that mean? the primary language is not german in berlin?

Officially yes, but there are districts where English is spoken everwhere. Berlin is really multicultural, after all.

progressives and hipsters have ruined many a district so far.

Let's not turn this into pol please. I was only providing an explanation.

>still obsessed with america

definition: preoccupy or fill the mind of (someone) continually, intrusively, and to a troubling extent.

So I could get by only speaking English if I got a job and moved there? America is a bit boring desu

I live here, this is not /pol, this is personal experience.

Btw. I do like english as an availlable lingua franca, but reject the idea that people live here for years on end and never even try and learn the language.

its because america is basically german heritage

Probably, depending on what you want to do.

I think those are largely mutually exclusive in practice.

>in germany of all places
>even the beer is american

I get some beer and napalm wings

As far as I know, German beer isn't that hot anymore internationally. We still have the Reinheitsgebot, which doesn't allow for experiments in taste.

>napalm wings

I heard from several friends that those are basically inedible if you aren't a scovillefag.

Im a super scovillefag

Then be sure to be as obnoxiuos and loud as possible, reportedly they make them extra hot for rude Americans. Not even joking.

But i try to not be a rude obnoxious american when i travel

I didn't mean to imply that. I meant as a scovillefag, you could do that to get extra spicy napalm wings at that place.

Ok. Give me some advice. What makes americans obnoxious in germany?

Just talk loudly and don't say please or thank you. Maybe throw some smug sense of "Let's see how the Krauts do burgers, can't be as good as ours" in there.

Ribeye.

As the child of a cattle rancher, who raises both Black Angus and Hereford cattle (but ours are pastured grass fed), I can assure you that a well marbled, aged, bone-in Ribeye is the most satisfying of steaks. I just hope they're cut thick enough. Ribeyes and NY Strip steaks should never be sliced less than 1 1/2 inch (3.81 cm) thick.

>Meaty and juicy like a high price southern hooker

What would you say is a good price for 100g of that kind of Ribeye in America? In a restaurant, not from a butcher.

Ok. Ill be sure to bring up that point about how all their meat comes from usa.
Should i mock them about ww2 while implying america single handedly beat them?

That's not true. I used to have a German boss, born and lived there his whole life (somewhere in Northern Germany, can't remember where) before moving to the US, and he loves it here. He still maintains his strict German values (Germans don't suffer fools, and have incredible work ethic and personal economy), but he loves living here. He's lived here for about 25 years, and owns houses all over the country so he can vacation in his favorite places.

Maybe not most Germans, but there is a large portion of people here who hold views as described by

Have a sliver of red pill

>Should i mock them about ww2 while implying america single handedly beat them?
Might work, but in general Germans aren't really proud about WW2 anyway.
Try to eat like 3/4th of a perfectly fine meal, and then complain about it and claim another one, insisting both are comp'd.

Like a lot of places in Berlin The Bird is run by Americans. Best burgers in the city.

Let's see, after conversion to our imperial measures (why can't we just get on metric like everyone else, amirite?) that's around 4 oz. So, in a typical steakhouse here (where I live) that's pretty small, (American's eat too much red meat, and our steaks are huge). You'd probably pay around $25-$30 dollars for a Ribeye that size, more if it's been aged longer or comes from a special ranch or breed.

Thanks

Bitte!

Im going to order 12 napalm wings, eat 10 then complain they are not spicy enough and demand another 12.

Good plan. Also yell.

>talking loudly triggers Europeans
face it, you're just looking for something to bitch about regarding Americans

It's really annoying, no matter where you're from. It is part of the American stereotype though.

I was in china a few years ago having dinner with some chinese and european coworkers.
We all made fun of eachothers countries all the time. When the loud american stereotype came up i tried defending myself and say that not all americans are like that
While im saying this 3 texans on a business trip and a chinese guy walk in and sit next to us.
The texans spent their whole meal being louder than any other table, insulting china and talking anout everything they didnt like about it and complaining that their steaks werent as good as back home
It was a perfect representation of the obnoxious american, right down to one of the guys big texas belt buckle

Kek, I really want this to be true

I promise it was. The chinese guy, probably some low level guy who got stuck as their guide/translator, looked really embarassed the entire time
Its the open disrespect of the country you are in that really bothers me. Although i heard much worse from 3 different french guys i met while over there

Shut up.

Someone sounds mad

wrong, reinheitsgebot is no longer in existence

I'm ususally not on Veeky Forums, is there anything wrong with ribeye?

Nope, it's the best standard steak cut, especially if you like actual flavor. That person is probably a vegan or something.

There still is the Bierverordnung, which, along with the Vorläufiges Biergesetz, acts mostly the same way. Details aside, You don't have nearly as much with brewing beer in Germany that isn't made to be exported compared to USA specifically, as I understand it.

It's a well known fact the Chinese make the best tourists.
It's about a 1/3rd fat that you have to cut around.

Maybe when they travel alone or in small groups.
Chinese tour groups are very loud

>It's about a 1/3rd fat that you have to cut around.

>has never had a proper ribeye
Seriously, shut the fuck up. Also, fat = flavor. That's why fillets are so bland.

If you are a cute irish girl you can easily work at a pub and speak english exclusively. And get massive tips from me.

You are a cute irish girl, aren't ya?

How flexible is your definition of girl?

Hey, you can also do the pub thing, if you are a cute irish dude. But then I won't tip you because I am the loneliest man in the world, but just according to your service quality.

My point being, as another user already pointed out, you can get by completely without german, but you need the right job. Not speaking a lot of german in an irish pub is expected. If you sat at the register in the local ALDI, not being able to speak doitsu is a problemo.

If that menu is from Berlin then why is it in English?

Reasons can be found ITT.

>lousy hunter aka the vegetarian burger
this place is ok

Yeah, I was smirking as well when I ordered it. It's basically a burger with a whole grilled portobello mushroom for a patty. Not the greatest veg burger, but decent all in all.

Why is this even a thread? Most european beef is either american or argentinian.

Good quality farm/grazing land costs an arm & a leg in europe. You'd have to pay 2x as much to raise the same cow there, vs here.

One of my coworkers was stationed in Germany for several years in the 1970s (American Army) and frequently goes back to visit old friends and vacation. He said that during the 70s, Germany was the best place in the world for beer (when the U.S. had the worst beer imaginable), but in the 21st century most of the younger crowd in Germany drinks American beer like Budweiser. Is this true in general, or did he just see hipsters in a few bars?

The EU don't allow beef from the USA to be imported in, mate.
Argentinian is a different matter.

Chinese are extremely loud in restaurants and as tourists they mob around and take pictures of everything while not listening to guides because they can't understand them anyway. They'll talk huge amounts of shit about people in Mandarin, and even call you fat to your face if you're larger than the average Chinese person.

> in reality either stupid or hate jews
> i hate jews"

this post was quite Jewish

he WTO investigated the EU ban and found it to be in breach of trading obligations due to a lack of scientific evidence showing the hormones are actually dangerous. It's just the EU trying to make a walled garden around their economy because it simply cannot compete fairly with the world.

Chinese are cunt tourists, like Americans except without the giant fucking backpacks that they bash into everything. What the fuck is it with Yanks and backpacks, anyway?

But it says on the menu that they get it Creekstone Farms in the USA

EU allows importation of certain beef that doesn't contain hormones that have coincidentally not been scientifically proven to effect humans. Totally not protectionism.

Sure, doesn't change that
>The EU don't allow beef from the USA to be imported in, mate.

is wrong.

The feeling is mutual.

Well it looks like we have uneducated retards spouting simplistic opinions. Shocking.

Actually most don't, according to research. I had to look it up because I don't give a fuck either way.

Hitler should have won

This

That show is nothing more than jewish propaganda

Can you share your sources? I'm legitimately interested.

Have you ever even fucking watched it? It's so obvious.

I think you got something mixed up, user. I was asking about approval of Americans in Germany.

oh fuck, sorry.
pewglobal.org/2016/06/28/americas-international-image/

Thanks. So not most, but still a sizable portion. (Not trying to move the goalposts here.)

It's not very upsetting, or unsurprising, knowing how bad Germany is cucked.

>Israel marionette of the US

Yeah well got that one backwards

I've been there, it's a restaurant opened by an American and is somewhat American themed, the burgers are huge and the buns are hilariously tiny. Tastes good but its like 20 bucks + more if you want beer with it

>No prime rib

Shit steakhouse, would not visit

>burger place
>shit steakhouse

we do everything better

>WWII: America
>cars: America
>blonde women: America
>hotdogs: American

>1/3 fat

what the fuck kind of ribeyes are you eating