Are The Lord of the Rings books children books? Should I feal bad about reading them as an adult?

Are The Lord of the Rings books children books? Should I feal bad about reading them as an adult?

only libcucks and women read shit like that as adults. Real men read Pynchon

I read the hobbit last Christmas, just as a relaxing, immersing, activity.
Tolkein is good. Feel bad if you are reading some meme shit like A Dog's Purpose

No, and why would you feel bad about reading a book? Get off Veeky Forums and enjoy life.

Feel bad for caring and asking.

I don't think they were intended to be, and I think most of their audience is adult. But I think they're better read in childhood, attempting to read the series as in adult is far less enjoyable.

>he lost his sense of wonder
must suck desu

No and no

I was bored by them as a child, I don't know WHO the fuck they're really for, total mystery

Childhood is thinking Boromir is a dick. Adulthood is realizing he did nothing wrong.

Read what you like. See:
I love those books. My gf just finished the Hobbit last night and loved it. Lord of the Rings is great

Childhoo is idolising Legolas. Adulthood is realising Gimli makes more sense.

This

>be dwarf, only 139 years old
>beat an elf in battle
>befriend an elf (no homo)
>realize have no chance with elf queen
>ask for one hair from her head
>get three
>ancient elf dude couldn't even get one
>make it to the undying lands
>get to hang with elf-bro and elf-lady

Tolkein had a great way of writing humble characters. Sam also GOAT

Honestly tLotR is too patrician for these parts, where they pretend to hate fantasy as some proof of intellectual maturity. It's one of the sophisticated works of literature ever written, though I doubt you can truly appreciate it beyond the fact it's fun or colorful or whatever most people see, it's certainly worth reading and even misunderstanding.

one of the most*

>gimli
>not boromir

I read them for the first time last year. Childhood is only so many years, and if you're like me you didn't read that much. I'm having to catch up and that includes things like LOTR and Catcher in the Rye.

>no homo

You people who insert "no homo" into any situation where two males stand near each other. You sound pretty gay.

I had been wondering about the source of those comic panels for years and this is the first time I've seen the front page (with the title and author) posted. Thanks man.

>Boromir
>a part of the Legolas-Gimli duo

Yes, Gimli BTFO Feanor so hard he still refuses to return to life.

Sam is probably the best.

Gimli and Faramir best characters.

Reminder that Feanor did nothing wrong

I am genuinely alarmed someone made this, to tarnish such beauty in so vulgar a fashion. The internet is a blight.

Any fiction books with no real hidden message is a waste of time, and for kids.

I.E: Fahrenheit 451 is fiction, but it's acceptable. Lord of the rings is pretty much a roleplay for kids.

Fantasy = Childsplay

Tales of high wonder and great deeds ennoble the spirit. Politicizing everything is the surest sign of plebbery.

>What is 'ask not for lighter burdens, but for stronger shoulders'?
>What is 'Even simple people can accomplish great things'?
>What is 'Power corrupts'? (this was almost said/shown explicitly by Gandalf, Galadriel, Boromir, Gollum, Saruman, Frodo and the Scouring of the Shire)
>What is 'To be good and hopeful in times of hardship is the harder road, but the more worthwhile one'?
>What is 'Forgiveness for enemies'?

Eru above, did you even read the books, or were you too busy being concerned with passing controversies? Maybe you're one of those lazy millennials you keep reading about on Facebook and Buzzfeed.

No they are good, probably teenage level lit but honestly any book is better as an adult when you can truly appreciate them.

although this faggot is making me rethink

>There will never be another Tolkien

>needs polemic to enjoy fiction

If you want to send a message, call Western Union. It's preachy books that are for kids. Adults should have the moral security to draw their own conclusions.

Read it when I was twelve and loved it, though now I think I was probably too young to enjoy it fully.

I'm 47 now, and bought a new copy last year. Looking forward to re-reading it, if only for the nostalgia.

>Tolkien wrote these books for their children
>hurr durr guys are these kids books? Lol
Kys familia
If anything they are glorified above average young literature

No they're cozy for all ages