Since the weather seems to be trending towards the (relatively) nuclear in bongland...

since the weather seems to be trending towards the (relatively) nuclear in bongland, could anyone here please give me a rundown on beers that can be served chilled but also have a fairly substantial taste and character? i'm looking for a compromise position away from pisswater. i don't mind ordering speciality beers so long as it's not insanely impractical. cheers lads.

If you're into your IPAs I recommend Atlantic, Tribute or shipyard. Find em easy in the supermarket, delicious cold

Bud light

PBR or Lonestar

Woazn

>witbier
belgian wheat beer flavored with orange peel and spices (generally coriander). hoegaarden is the most popular commercial example
>hefe-weizen (aka weissbier or weizen)
bavarian wheat beer, tastes strongly of bananas, yeast, clove, sometimes citrus fruits. paulaner, franziskaner, benediktiner and other -ers are popular examples
>APA
like the meme IPA, but weaker on the alcohol, so more suitable for summertime. mostly made by craft breweries
>pils
aka normal beer except good. surprisingly hard to find.
>(normal) stout
dark, low to medium ABV, tastes of coffee, chocolate, roasted malts. guinness is the most popular commercial example, though probably also the least flavorful
>grodziskie (aka gratzer)
a fairly rare polish smoked wheat ale, but nice in the summer if you can find some. a bit tart, dry, noticably smokey, low ABV.

almost everything with an ABV below 6% should be served chilled, though only shitty beer should be served ice-cold

Have you tried cider?
Decent stuff, not strongbow or Somersby.

R A D L E R
A
D
L
E
R

Although I guess you could just mix your own

radler is a fucking wine cooler for millenial faggots

fuck off with your radler

a friend of mine made cider with sour apples from his back yard and sweetend it with stevia and it was the greatest, driest cider i've ever had

>hundred year old mixed drink
>millennial

I want flyovers to leave.

>implying food and drink in 1917 was any good

Well it wasn't millenial.

it's not, but it disappeared when prohibition was lifted, with good reason

1. radler is delicious, so obviously you are incorrect
2. that's also the exact year cocktails became mainstream
3. you're still retarded for thinking a 100 year old thing is "millennial", jesus christ

i never said it was invented by millenials,
i said it's a drink for millenial faggots
which it is, judging by the vitriol in this thread
because it's not good, it's just shitty beer watered down with shitty juice

>if i move goalposts hard enough, maybe i can eventually come across as something other than retarded

Nice try faggot.
Enjoy your Coors.

>goalpost moving reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
enjoy your watered down millienial faggot drink

It was the generation born in the late 1800's, so in a sense, it was millennial.

that's not a millennia, user

Erdinger dunkel is delightful

I had a really delicious beer from Bierstadt Lagerhaus out of Denver called the Slow Pour Pils. Very light but in now way a 'pisswater' light beer - super flavorful, we compared it to a tea or even a champagne. Dont know if you can find it where you are, but highly recommend.