Things you can't eat in your home country that you would like to try

Starting the thread of with Basashi, horse meat sashimi from Japan.

Sea urchin roe
>Perishable
>Taste the sea
>Go bad?
>Taste the sea-men

i refuse to believe that's horse

horse is lean af and definitely not marbled like that

Breadfruit. I really want to try that stuff but it's literally impossible to find it here. Also I'd love to try basashi, I didn't know it existed desu.

Horse meat is illegal to consume in the US and many other western countries.

Cheese.
>t. American

I assume this is what horse meat looks like when the animal is raised for food and not for riding.

lol really? that sucks

I've never had horse steak but I've eaten horse jerky/pastrami and horse meatballs. meatballs were tasty and the jerky was the best I've ever tasted in my life.

Gator

>tfw can't hunt in my country because muh protected species

The meat is not illegal, but it is illegal to slaughter horses expressly for meat in the us. However, there is no issue with having horses shipped to Canada or Mexico to be processed for meat, then shipped back

It's Wagyu horse, dummy.

WRONG.gif

It's just illegall to sell, just like dog.

t. Dog died 4 years ago and I decided to barbecue the lil nigga

Then what are we going to do with all the wild horses drumpf's admin has ordered rounded up and slaughtered? Just let them rot?

may he rest in peace in the sewers #F

We have cola de lagarto here, gator tail. It tastes like chicken but I know gator have dark and light meat, and I've never tried dark.

I've seen that gator hunting show that they made a gator jambalaya and that seems something that I could try.

To be fair, if I died, I'd want my dog to eat me too.

was it good though

Well, im not good at cooking. All I pit was salt and pepper. It was aight. If I had filipino advice Im sure id would taste better

ok well even IF it is horse, i don't know why you want to eat something marbled like that raw

the whole reason behind eating horse tartare is because there's no fat in it

globs of unrendered fat do not taste very good

laws like this are absolutely retarded. why the fuck can we sell beef and not horse meat? because of some long-dead cultural tradition of horseriding? fucking bullshit

>globs of unrendered fat do not taste very good
Ever had Lardo di Arnad you uncultured swine?

i'm not talking about pork

I eat horse meat almost every day and i agree with this guy
You cant force feed a horse to that level

>Country of freedom
>Cant eat a horse or will face jail
W E W L A D S
E
W

L
A
D
S

>It's Wagyu horse, dummy
you are the dummy here, the gyu in Wagyu means cow

>autist misses the joke

It's a health standard that was put in place in the early 20th century, regarding meat packing and sanitation conditions. Read "The Jungle" by Upton Sinclair. Yes you can eat a horse, it's perfectly legal, but chances are you won't find it in your local butcher shop.

Fried grasshopper.
Can't find it here.

They're grasshoppers. Catch yo'self some.

Oh yeah insects in general I want to try

tfw long pig is illegal

Not if the meat removal is non-lethal, consensual, and performed by a licensed surgeon.

So basically, not if you're rich.

Right, because that's possible in my country.
I mean, I could find like three in a large field maybe where I'm from

Other insects also welcome, like fried tarantula. [spoiler]Not actually an insect, I know[/spoiler]