Hey Veeky Forums, my sister is in quite a rut right now and she wanted me to recommend her some books

Hey Veeky Forums, my sister is in quite a rut right now and she wanted me to recommend her some books.

What are some feel good books that are easy to read? They dont have to be motivational books, but just any book that makes you feel good about life or anything.

whats her age?

The bell jar

Clarice Lispector, Elena Ferrante

How old is she?

6 months old

She constantly cries and I feel bad for her

anything by chesterton

OP here, shes 19

If you're OP, I'm assuming you mean six years. If so, Harry fucking Potter. Kids love that shit and it helped get me into books. Just be willing to help her out, okay user?

If you're the real OP and you need feel good... I'm still recommending Harry Potter, but also try the Inheritance Cycle, LotR, The Hobbit, or, fuck me if these aren't fun and uplifting (if unholy cheesy, sappy and mediocre for plot) Maximum Ride, or Witch and Wizard. Or grab that bitch some John Greene. Girls that age love his shit. Also? Some Redwall.

get her some Ferrante, almost all her books deal with female problems, friendship, etc. Also her writing is not bad at all.

The asshole that said she waz 6 months is not OP. I'm OP and shes 19. Thanks for the recs I'll consider them. She loves the LotR movies, she hates Harry Potter though

this book is fucking bad

>recommending ya non-ironically
shiggy diggy

Thanks! Seems pretty good i'll def show her that author

How odd- she's in exactly the right age group to have grown up with Harry. And seriously- try Redwall. It's before her time (and mine- I'm only 21 myself) but they're good, fun books full of adventure. Also, talking animals. Probably bred a whole generation of furfags but it's worth it. Just uh... Be sure to keep to the early stuff. Old Brian went off the fucking rails before he died, had an otter wearing the flesh of dead enemies as a coat. And he was supposed to be one of the protags.

I'm recommending YA for a young adult, mate. Makes sense to me.

Kek I'll check him out. Yeah I never understood why she hates Harry Potter

>Maximum Ride
The first few books of that were pretty fucking golden. As far as I remember, anyway.

>mediocre for plot
That's an overstatement if I've heard any.

Nigger you think I'm kidding? It happened. Grab her the original Redwall first, and then have her read Matteo. After that, Marlfox, Rakkety Tam and The Long Patrol.

Yeah. Patterson got progressively worse as time went on, but it was still good enough to bother reading.

buy her poetry

But whos poetry?? Theres a lot of shitty poetry

Probably just contrarianism

In that case you should get her into Dosto and tell her that Tolstoy is trash

nothing post the modernists, never

try Emily Dickinson, i really like her

the hobbit is fucking imperative it sets her up for good taste in literature its good for any age and everything always turns out right more or less

>he doesn't like geoffrey hill

shut up fatty