Should I lay down the big bucks and buy a signed first edition copy of Blood Meridian ($10...

Should I lay down the big bucks and buy a signed first edition copy of Blood Meridian ($10,000+) before the author dies and the normies become aware of it due to the eventual movie and it triples in value?

You realise McCarthy is just another Rowling or Murakami, right? Just another shitty pop author?

You realise typing "you realise..., right?" makes you sound like a faggot, right?

no. do not. do that

Another fuckboy in my thread. Why don't both of you piss off so I can get some serious replies? Do you precious little things even read?

this guy named bloom called blood meridian a masterpiece tho

stop pretending to be me pls

Don't expect too much return on that investment. 10k is already pushing the limit, it wouldn't matter if he died or not.

I'd cop desu, not only is it a fire piece of lit but it's signed by Corncob himself, so it's even cewler

Don't listen to the retards here.

It will sky-rocket in value.

wow thank you. bloodmeme is edgy reddit genre fiction.

the ultimate contrarian has appeared

literally kill yourself, blood meridian is one of the greatest works of the last decade

roastie or nigger detected

LOL, right! le reddit is so ghey! XD

You do realize that we already have a movie called apocalypse now

Blood meridian as a movie would flop because it take place in Africa and people wouldn't like how they treat the nigs

Can you please tell me what is wrong with Murakami? I had to read Hardboiled Wonderland for English class and I can't tell if I liked it or not.

Do you have a reason for disliking him?

You're thinking of Heart of Darkness. Blood Meridian takes place in the old west.

No, for two reaons:
1) 10k is too high. That's approx what Beatles autograph's are going for. McCarthy's autograph is never going to top that amount in an auction setting.

2) Unless you are known by your potential customers you will never be able to get your money back. People don't buy 10k collectibles from unkowns.

go back to r/books

ah, blood meridian, monsieur? that novel is the sark and chaparral of literature, the filament whereon rode the remuda of highbrow, corraled out of some destitute hacienda upon the arroya, quirting and splurting with main and with pyrolatrous coagulate of lobated grandiloquence. our eyes rode over the pages, monsieur, of that slatribed azotea like argonauts of suttee, juzgados of swole, bights and systoles of walleyed and tyrolean and carbolic and tectite and scurvid and querent and creosote and scapular malpais and shellalagh. we scalped, monsieur, the gantlet of its esker and led our naked bodies into the rebozos of its mennonite and siliceous fauna, wallowing in the jasper and the carnelian like archimandrites, teamsters, combers of cassinette scoria, centroids of holothurian chancre, with pizzles of enfiladed indigo panic grass in the saltbush of our vigas, true commodores of the written page, rebuses, monsieur, we were the mygale spiders too and the devonian and debouched pulque that settled on the frizzen studebakers, listening the wolves howling in the desert while we saw the judge rise out of a thicket of corbelled arches, whinstone, cairn, cholla, lemurs, femurs, leantos, moonblanched nacre, uncottered fistulas of groaning osnaburg and kelp, isomers of fluepipe and halms awap of griddle, guisado, pelancillo.

still the best thing posted on this board

McCarthy's typewriter sold for over $250,000 at auction a couple years ago. It wouldn't be a stretch to say that a first edition signed copy of his greatest novel could fetch that a couple decades from now

I don't see what that has to do with user's question

>I don't see what that has to do with user's question
You don't? Then why are you here? Are you really such a psued that you cannot distinguish intellect from pop-star fame? I would say that you don't belong here, but given that a thread this retarded was started here to begin with, I will give you the benefit that being here allows you to share this space with people who have the same, minuscule mental capacity and dumbass opinions that you do.

That's a unique item, his signature is not. You can only get an idea about what's reasonable for his signature if you look at what signatures typically sell for.

You will find that the only people who can fetch that amount are Abba, Presely, Beatles etc, McCarthy will never touch those people in fame and popularity and thus 10k for his signature is way too high.

There are literally a million other things you could invest $10,000 in that would yield a bigger ROI than that.

You're being a meanie, user

I know you're right, but examples?

>last decade

nice bait my brotha.

No because you're not a retard.

McCarthy has never signed any of his books, save for a cache of copies of The Road that he's left to his son in his will.

>Abba
Huh? Really?

Also I can't believe Beatles or Elvis signatures are worth a lot either. They must have signed hundreds of thousands of things over the years.

My mistake, there are no signed copies of The Road except for those he's left his son.

Wait, are you serious? I know a guy who claims to own a first edition copy of Suttree signed that he paid 1,700 bucks for.

Buy it but negotiate down to 5000-7500

What signed books have you got, Veeky Forums? I've got a Will Self, a (Chinese author whose name I can't recall right now) and the contemporary editor of Pope's Iliad.