Are northeast asians like Japanese/Koreans closer to Caucasians or southeast asians?

Are northeast asians like Japanese/Koreans closer to Caucasians or southeast asians?

how stupid do you have to be to ask this question

bumpity

Its legitimate, I heard someone say they were closer to Caucasians then SEA's

southeast asians

that picture makes it seem the opposite

or am I not reading it correctly

well if you heard someone say it then it must be legit

You are, but the guy who posted it isn't

well is it?

genetically closer to southeast Asians, by a long shot.

ancestry trees are mostly wrong. What it's trying to show there is that a north Eurasian race contributed ancestry to both Asians and Caucasoids.

That does not mean that Asians and Caucasoids both evolved from Eurasians.

gotcha

To verify I meant genetically not on the map lol

Probably because they look closer. They look closer primarily because they're both cold adapted people with relatively light skin.

>Fst distances far below 0.1

>WE ARE SO DIFFERENT!
kek

The question is irrelevant. Race is a social construct, we are all just human beings. Genetically you probably have more in common with people living in the Congo than you do with your next door neighbor.

>Race is a social construct
I don't even know what that's supposed to mean. It's a semantically vacuous formula that people throw around. When people talk about race, they refer to differences in phenotype across human populations, difference which one expects to be rooted in genetics. Moreover, your claims about the genetics of Congolese people and your next door neighbor make it clear you have no idea what you're talking about. Here may be a better board for you.

>When people talk about race, they refer to differences in phenotype across human populations, difference which one expects to be rooted in genetics

>not knowing the difference between differential phenotypical saliency and genotype

dark skin, and even different features, does not an ancestry make.

This is wrong also. A given Japanese person will on average have more in common genetically with another Jap than with a Congolese.

However, 99% of the interest in this topic stems from the fact that we look different anyway. If we hypothetically all looked the same, but maintained our genetic ancestries, noone would give a shit.

>heritable features are not hereditary
wut?

So NE Asians and WE typically have the O haplogroup?

SE Asians

that's exactly what it is saying retard

We dont just look different from the outside there are literal tissue differences in races.

and nobody would care (aside from some medical professionals) if we looked the same to begin with.

And there aren't literal tissue differences in races. East and west Africans are considered the same race by 99.9% of IRL people, yet lie at opposite ends of the muscle fiber spectrum.

I'm going to assume you're being facetious and move on.

So yes or no?

same.

How to stop a /pol/ thread:
obvious political comments

resurrected after long periods of no replies