What kind of organism would the flood be classified as

What kind of organism would the flood be classified as

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/83bjQ_dyvUw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Parasite.

Parasite / fungal network
Their lifecycle has allot of different stages and they go from a parasitic nature to full on predatory assult so it's hard to really classify them under a single category.

>also its biologically impossible for them to exist (too many possible genes would mean a massive fucking cellular nucleus)

>what is alternative splicing

>implying that it's possible to use splicing on a multicellular level in a few seconds

Cheerleader squid

Why not? What limits reaction speed?

Do you reckon a majority of their genome would be transposable elements? Well, more than already

There is no earth classification because its biochemistry is different than even the very first microbe on our rock.

A literal super organism, the fact it can influence multiple star systems would biologically make it the most superior lifeform that has ever existed.

of the top of my head
>limited molecular mobility
>enzymes need time to react
>at that rate, reaction heat released would boil the cells alive

I really enjoyed the 1st and 3rd Halo games

Go play halo 3's "floodgate" and see a marine get infected, it litterally happens in fucking seconds, if mitosis was being carried out that fast it would denature any key enzymes (flood or host) and probably cook the flood alive.

>looking at probably upwards of 1000 replications a second

Even so they are far to adaptable and have far to many genetic formulae.
According to the games lore the flood first made contact with ancient humanity and another fairly advanced civilization and ate them both before getting their galactic jimmies rustled via the halo array.
Apparently they won against the two factions because of their ability to form a central nervous system (in the form of a gravemind) which is 'hyperintellegant'.
Allong with having the code for a gravemind they also have numerous others (I think about 5 distinct ones, however they've been shown to have way more, in the thousands)
The only way this would be feasible is if they had instructions for instructions for instructions for their finalform. Eg: hypercondensed genome.
But then they wouldent be able to grow and infect as fast as they do.

Also
>(pic related)
They are able to construct massive structures out of pure biomass which wouldent be feasable unless the gravemind could willingly change their genome.

You surprise me sometimes Veeky Forums I love you guys

I beg to differ~

"Life Finds A Way..."

Not long now until we unleash our most powerful spell~

*illuminati music intensifies*

We have spent 2,000 years doing nothing but cloning them~

>*illuminati music

tf is that suppose to be? A bunch of guys playing triangles?

youtu.be/83bjQ_dyvUw
>Dis epic illuminati music

Also the X-Files Theme Song...