What is the general consensus for the Minute Physics channel?

What is the general consensus for the Minute Physics channel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OTVE5iPMKLg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

As god Veritasium said, short videos give you just the impression of learning. Learning must be challenging. I think you niw know where I stand.

It's fine. Interesting little tidbits. Like dude above said, you're not going to learn complex subjects in a minute, but it helps to pique interest and visualize.

It is not a channel intended to make you a PhD holding physicist but it contains many easy to understand facts about physics. If anything, it is a channel meant for non-physics students to get them interested in the subject.

I support it. It is a good example of what pop-sci should be. None of this Black Science Man or Bill Nye the Meme Guy

What do you think of it OP?

Never understand any of it. It's too rushed.

It's shit.

Garbage for anything other than cheap entertainment.

also, CGP Grey is real shit

This is so crumpled. I can't watch it longer than 10 sec.
Feels like if you not able to catch up with meaning of this crap, you are brainlet.
Interesting you say? Very questionable. I feel only like written above.

There isn't a general consensus

Leftist propaganda.

Why?
He's very informative and doesn't rush his videos, I like it.

The shorter physics gets the harder it'll be to learn because the gritty parts that actually make sense and follow each other get more and more obscured.

A huge problem with CGP Grey is that he tries to defend theses which are completely ridiculous. One such thesis is that 'the scientific revolution' was caused by the fact that people drank coffee... Don't watch those videos unless you want to be misinformed.

youtube.com/watch?v=OTVE5iPMKLg

This.

>Be CGP Grey
>Read one book about a topic
>Understand half of it and form my entire opinion about the subject from this very limited source of knowledge.
>Make extremely pretentious video explaining everything using this framework.

CGP Grey is what stupid people imagine an intelligent person is like.

You're fucking stupid if you seriously think he believes the scientific revolution was caused by coffee

I meant real shit in a good way

Oh but he does.

"You know what else you can think caffeine for? A little thing called the enlightenment."

>2:10
>it's a real physiological addiction, not a wimpy psychological addiction like people claim for the video games and the internet

I hope that is a joke but theres nothing indicating it is

I really hated his "Rules for Rulers" where he completely missed that the book he read was based on Machiavelli's Principe.

I can't be bothered to find a source, but caffeine does come with real withdrawal symptoms(not psychosomatic).

Veritasium, Minute Physics and Vsauce are all complete meme tier trivia that don't teach you anything.

Most of the PBS series are good, with SpaceTime being god tier at talking about actual, genuine astrophysics. Physics girl is pretty good too and infinite series is great if you actually like math.

Withdrawal symptoms can indeed occur with caffeine. Nothing serious or life threatening, more like headaches and inability to focus for a while if you go cold turkey after relying heavily on it.