My live-in girlfriend does not cook. I do not cook. I want us to start cooking...

My live-in girlfriend does not cook. I do not cook. I want us to start cooking. I don't exactly want her to become a slave, but I do want her to become the primary chef in the house, while I help her, say, one or two days a week. I'm a guy, she's a woman. Only natural etc

How can I gently encourage her to become a kitchen superstar? My current plan is for me to find a selection of recipes and I buy all the ingredients. But I fear if she doesn't feel empowered (feel like she has control over which meals) that she won't want to do it.

if she's the main cook she will fatten you up so you can't find someone else

you should kill yourself,
she won't be upset,
b/c she isn't real

guilt and shame are your primary and secondary weapons

you need to lead by example
(it's only natural)
cook meals for the both of you
until she takes the hint and starts cooking for you out of guilt
or start cooking together
(honey I want to try this recipe, mind helping me out with the potatoes)
talk up the benefits of cooking for yourself
(it's so much cheaper, it's so much better tasting, it's so much better for you!)
until she takes a fucking hint

First person to get off work makes dinner. If either of you is unemployed it obviously falls on that person. On days you both have off, you either cook something together or the one who cooks on fewer worknights takes it. This should be an easy sell for practicality/fairness. No problem for you if you're actually heading the household.

get her a food processor and a sous vide cooker. If you dont, she'll probably bail after her first diced onion or undercooked steak.

>having to jump through this many loopholes like "worrying she doesn't feel empowered" for a lazy leech to start helping out when she's literally getting to live for free instead of just telling her she should do something like a rational person would assume
some guys are pathetic, hope that wet hole between her legs is worth it Mr beta provider

get a different girlfriend ya fag

This is shit advice bc she will just think that you know how to cook and you should do it, not her.
Here's what's up, she clearly has no intention to start cooking, if you make her you are going to eat shit tier food for the rest of your life. So are your kids. When kids grow up, they will insult her about her cooking once they try how real food tastes.
Either you love her enough (her, not sex) to eat shit food forever or you dump her stupid cunt and get yourself a whole package
Just start cooking meals for yourself and not her, 1 man meals, if she begs tell her it's not enough for two, she has to make herself some, either she starts cooking or does you the favour and leaves. Emotional blackmail also included.
Who dates these nut jobs anyway!?

He never said he pays for her living?

>neither of you know how to cook

Just both of you move back in with your parents since you're obviously not ready for the real world.

Kick her to the curb. If she isn't wanting to cook for you or take care of you from the start, she's never going to.

How do I know? I'm married, and I'm the only individual in the house who cooks. 80% of the time, I can't even convince her to put a frozen pizza in the oven for me to have ready to eat when I get home from work. I'm stuck because I love the bitch.

You still have a chance, get out while you can.

>nothing personal kid.

your low-grade retardation is showing

Back the fuck off?!?!?

>it's so much cheaper, it's so much better tasting, it's so much better for you!
These I have been working on.
She agrees that it's cheaper. But she has some hard on about feminism and not wanting to do housework. Spoilt brat. Grew up in China under the one child policy and believes that she shouldn't do anything in life. Hard to overcome.

I fear it will be worse if we have a kid cause then she will say she's too busy cleaning up after the kid to cook our food.

Yeh, I'm going to make sure I'm working late so that she has to

This scares me. This should become a sticky on this site.

Are you Hawaiian?

Maybe just try fucking talking to her like people do in healthy relationships, OP.

>low grade
Really?

my honest advice would be to work on yourself instead. Its a lazy, manipulative and overall bad approach.
If you want more homecooked food, you should be the one starting to change the habits in your household, not by guilttripping her, but by actually initiating the change.
You cant expect your partner to pick up something they never did before, for your benefit, without being the one that starts the whole process. And even then, if she does not enjoy housework you will have to do the adult thing and talk to her about it and take on equal part of the responsibility, unless your work is much much more demanding, then shell either understand or she will never be the person you want her to be. so many people posting on Veeky Forums pretend its the 50s to come off as manly, truth is if you have a goodlooking educated gf with a job as demanding as yours, there is no fucking reason why she should do the cooking.
Im sure there are things she doesnt like about you but shes probably not guilting you into changing if you dont want to, because thats not what people do in a happy relationship

Just learn to cook and do it all yourself. Women are shitty cooks.
Source: allrecipes, the fact that after trying to teach my wife how to cook for 4 years she still can't do basic stuff like make steak or even put salt in something without dumping half the canister in.

My wife grew up in china with 1 child policy and she cooks for 4-5 times a week
Sounds like your girl is kinda bitchy

Honestly, and i say this knowing mothing about either of you, it doesnt sound like she loves you

"Hey bae, how about we learn to cook? It'll improve our life and solve my erection issue, maybe"
You're welcome, Faggot.

I have the exact same problem with my girlfriend (male). I started watching cooking animes with her and she slowly started to get interested in cooking. Now when I come home from the office dinner is always waiting for me.

I honestly think it would be easier to get a different girlfriend

>she has some hard on about feminism and not wanting to do housework.
This is understandable because her grandmother had no choice in the matter, and she does. Given the choice most people would avoid housework, which is why rich folks have personal chefs, cleaning ladies and gardeners. But if you're not rich then the housework falls to the two of you, and you have to come up with a workable division of labor or you end up like this user What worked for my wife and me is the following: She makes coffee and breakfast. I do all the shopping and make dinner every night. I run the dishwasher. And because I cook almost every night I don't do any other housework. She cleans and does the laundry. This works for me because I'd much rather cook every night than have to clean the bathroom or do the laundry.

Explain to your girl that if she refuses to do any housework she'll have to earn the money to hire someone to do it, because you're sure as fuck not letting it all fall on you. The fact that not doing housework will cost her money ought to be enough to shock a Chinese girl back to reality.

this, but you should just say it's to save on money. cooking is much cheaper than processed food or eating out, and it can be fun to do together, as well as being healthier..

Does she work, too?

If so, you should both be cooking.

Why don't you stop being a beta pussy and be more assertive in your demands? Most women don't like cucks, and you definitely come off as one. I bet you look like this.

>I do want her to become the primary chef in the house, while I help her, say, one or two days a week. I'm a guy, she's a woman. Only natural etc
>she has some hard on about feminism and not wanting to do housework. Spoilt brat.

Well from what little data I have to go on, you sound manipulative and sexist, and she sounds like a stubborn social justice warrior. Why are you two together again? Is it just for the sex?

>live-in girlfriend
>doesn't cook
People like you are why standards for women have fallen to the status of an occasional hole to plug.

I am a stay at home mom and I cook for my family every night. I am ok doing all the chores and cooking not because I am a woman but because my husband does his part by working and fixing things around the house. Do you work? Do you do manly things around the house? If you do not act like a man and do manly things do not expect a woman to act traditionally feminine. Traditional roles are a two way street. I would be very resentful of my man if he did not work to support me and also did not do any housework or cooking.

Just learn to cook yourself, the attractiveness of a man knowing how to do a stodgy, well-cooked meal is grossly underrated.

This.

Married 5 years. My wife does 95% of the cooking and chores. I usually only grill out or make sauces.

But I also mow the lawn, take out the trash, maintain our vehicles, fix stuff etc. That and making nearly all the money that supports us. That's the price of having a traditional woman, and you still gotta take them out to eat at least once a week to give them a break.

I don't think she's good for you bro, dump that snowflake.

Listen m8, Chinese girls are overwhelmingly domestic and have a sense of serving their husbands instilled in them from a very young age. In return they expect their husbands to provide for them (work, take care of masculine stuff, etc). This is a system that works relatively well if both people understand what their roles are. Your relationship is lopsided and it's going to go downhill extremely fast. If you marry her you're toast. If you believe that a man and a woman in a relationship should share duties equally, you need to find another girl because the one you're dating is going to be worse than all the "spoiled entitled white girl" memes

OP I dont know how to convince her to be a good girl, but read this and show it to her, if she agrees with the commenter about her, cut her off.

>I fear it will be worse if we have a kid cause then she will say she's too busy cleaning up after the kid to cook our food.
If she refuses to do housework now, what makes you think she will change her mind once you have children? Chances are you will be the one cleaning up after your kids.

>Until she takes the hint
You might as well just do the cooking since you're such a fucking girl

Don't be a tightarse. I take my girl to McDonald's twice a week.