If entropy were reversible, would it really be any good?

I've seen people outside of Veeky Forums say entropy is the final boss of intelligent life, and that things would be easier if it weren't an issue/didn't exist.

But wouldn't things be fucked if that were the case? I feel like without any sort of entropy, life also couldn't exist.

But would life really have no obstacles if it were simply reversible?

Life arose out of a need for a subsystem to maintain internal order while existing in a system of ever-increasing disarray.

If you take away that stimulus, those subsystems have nothing to influence them towards increasing self-ordering (and complexity) in defiance of entropy.

What is that? Ruger 22/45? Thats what the CIA uses for ..... stuff...
Don't overthink it. You live in a clockwork cage designed for our benefit, probably?

Reminds of this other dude that was saying if you take away the "frontier" then humanity stops trying to improve itself.

Yeah it is. I've considered buying one for my first firearm since it seems pretty easy to maintain.

I more thought it would be physically impossible for life to arise. If everything just fucked off and held all its energy indefinitely, the circumstances for life wouldn't have occurred? Would the big bang have even happened?

What did you do to that poor 1911???

It's not a 1911 /k/ the name is in the picture.

Yup that's actually a recurring theme in science fiction going back to The Time Machine in which humans basically devolved into meek rabbit-like creatures because living became too easy over the ages

For real though how do we beat entropy?

hire Max's demon.

IIRC didn't that only get BTFO because it was concluded the demon must be creating energy?

I wonder if it'd actually be possible to create a material or field that actually functions like the demon IRL.

Proof of inexistence of any physical maxwells demon is fucking elegant.
Its built on information theory and entropy.
In short, any measurement will need bit switches to be analyzed and the amount of bit switches is proportional to the theoretical energy gain of the measuremnt.
Phys Rev E paper on it is brilliant.

Offshore demon to China then.

Entropy is "reversible", as long as the process is reversible, eg frictionless expansion or contraction of a closed volume of gas by a piston.
So what you're asking is "what if every process was reversible?", which is just really hard to imagine. Like another poster pointed out, you'd need a Maxwell's demon or some shit that could for example take a gas made out of 2 different compounds, and perfectly seperate the compounds into two different compartments, all without affecting other properties of the system.
It just doesn't werk, you'd live in an utterly bizarre world.

Entropy is our only real measurement of time. No entropy, no time, nothing happens never.

That's what I thought.

Sounds dank.

but is it really tho?

Time and entropy may flow in the same firection but entropy is not our measurement of time.

they are positively related concepts, but not interchangeable terms

>tfw can never escape entropy

The distinction between past and future is in the increase of entropy of a closed system. Entropy is the only physical quantity that will be asymmetric with time. Entropy defines the direction time moves.

It would just break the universe

>Entropy is the only physical quantity that will be asymmetric with time.
>What are CP violations
Stop talking out of your ass, you dumb cunt.

>would it [what?]
>really be any good?
[citation needed]
Lrn2axe-a-question fgt pls

>CP violations
Explain?