If energy can't be created from nothing, where does the energy come from to create black holes?

If energy can't be created from nothing, where does the energy come from to create black holes?

Black holes are a result of hyperstrong gravity, not energy. It doesn't take any energy to form a black hole, just a sufficient amount of mass.

Then why do stars die?

They run out of fuel, expend all their energy into space, and cool of into heavy clumps of nothing.

A black hole is already dead, so to speak. It's the endgame of a HUGE star. But like most dead things, it doesn't require any energy to keep being dead.

Theoretically it would need to be fed to outpace Hawking Radiation but such radiation hasn't been experimentally/observationally proven to exist yet.

How do you resurrect a dead star?

All current scientific knowledge deems this impossible. If you figured out how to resurrect a dead star, you'd be a very rich, possibly immortal man.

Thank you for answering my stupid questions!

A question asked with the goal of learning is never a stupid question. You have a good day, user.

This

In theory if you added enough fuel and energy you could "resurrect" a dead star. Of course if you could move that much hydrogen and produce that much energy it would be simpler to make a new star.

woah wait

if energy isn't created from nothing

than what powers gravity?

checkmate cathlocis

Ah yes, the cop out board for all questions you don't want to answer.

idk... maybe the mass of a dying star.

You don't know anything just stop

>bawww my subject matter is real, I swear

KYS

Objects that are far apart have gravitational potential energy. Like any other attractive force between particles. A black hole is merely a state of matter with very low potential energy, because all of the potential energy has been converted to rotational energy and relativistic mass.

There is insufficient data for a meaningful response.

By feeding it energy again...

nice reference you got there

....but mass is energy

The first energies were created by something.
What you see in the giant bodies above you on the other hand are in a depleting cycle. So black holes actually do have energy that comes from mass.
They generate tremendous gravity while softly spinning around like an autistic hedgehog that curled into itself too fast on a slippery floor.

Gravity isnt energy

That sounds communists

They fuse all their lighter elements into heavier ones, so they can no longer produce energy. When a star is alive, the fusion in its core generates radiation pressure, which acts against gravity, making the star bigger. When the radiation pressure is gone because all the fuel has been used, the star collapses on itself, and if it's heavy enough, it becomes a black hole.

I think you could dump a ton of hydrogen on it, if it wasn't a black hole, just a white dwarf or something. You can't resurrect it without giving it new fuel, because you would have to turn all of its atoms back into hydrogen and you would probably have to trigger fusion after that somehow, if you wanted to do that.

What is the mechanism for mass?

are blackholes even real

Hawking radiation is a meme.