Today while I was surfing the deep web I ran across underground culinary website...

Today while I was surfing the deep web I ran across underground culinary website. This particular website dealt in the procurement and distribution of endangered tree species and rare woods for the use in smoking meats. The older and harder the wood was to obtain, the higher the price. Among their oldest inventory was a 3 lb piece of Methuselah (pic related), an endangered and protected tree which has been alive for over 5000. Additionally, there was a listing for a piece of wood that was from the HMS Resolute.. the same wood which was used to create the presidents Resolute desk.

Got me thinking... this is pretty fucking insane.
What are some other crazy things like this you've heard of?

Used the wrong pic, but you get the idea.

Isn't the real Methuselah kept secret so that no one can mess with it? How do you know they're telling the truth?

Just like people though... the most expensive caviar just happens to be one from a rare endangered species in one particular sea. Why is it that we want something more just because it's rarer, even if maybe it's not all that great?

>surfing the deep web
Have you cut off your daughter's legs yet, like the cyberbullies asked?
You come out, your shit is gone.

It's not about the taste, it's about the experience. Anyone can claim they ate the best caviar or use the best wood chips, but not everyone can claim they used wood chips from a 1000 year old tree.

>not everyone can claim they used wood chips from a 1000 year old tree.
So what if I can? I doubt it makes any appreciable difference in taste.

I'm probably a [that misused word for a cheatee] for what I'm going to say but somehow willful not fucking with great things feels better than fucking with them. As in remember that guy who burned a greek temple of goddess of love just to get his name into history books? I can see the appeal if it gets out of hand like that but if you destroy great things but it's still unprovable, wow. Waste of fucking time.

once you are a millionaire, or rather a billionaire you start thinking different
owning the latest Aston Martin is not an acomplishmnt at this point and you are starting to search for what to spend your money on that will make you unique and make your peer "jealous"

>i did something stupid, aren't you jealous

this is great. I hope op isn't bullshitting us. I love learning about shit like this.

Can't contribute to the thread op but if you want some replies take this thread to /x/. of course 99% of that board is bullshit but it'll be fun bullshit

and then they do this instead of changing the lives of others
spending 10k+ on fucking wood chips instead of lifting the debt off of ten families
FUCK THE RICH

Post the link or fuck off

If I were filthy rich I guess I would live in a nicer house and eater more expensive steaks etc. but shit like burning a 5000-year-old tree or eating a species and that's almost extinct would just make me feel like an asshole.
They can spend their money however they like but that kind of shit has a real impact on the planet.
You'd think in these times they'd care a little more about having a "green" image. I don't know.

scary innit?
i can't wait for the collapse

Yeah I can't wait for people to realize that they're being stolen from by people with more wealth than they could ever conceivably spend. Money sitting there doing nothing. Strangling the people just so they continue making more and more profit every year. A bunch of mentally ill sociopaths just begging to be put up against the wall.

Maybe those 10 families should go stop lazily laying about and get a job and go to school then and they wouldn't need someone to give away his fortunes for their sake

lol nice try Mr. FBI

>not visiting Tesla's grave for the ninth time today
>calling it a day

>shit like burning a 5000-year-old tree or eating a species and that's almost extinct would just make me feel like an asshole.

Go watch a movie called "The Freshman" (the one with Marlon Brando). You'll like it.

I once found a page of Asian ladies eating severed penises with chopsticks. So there goes that I guess.

You know what I ran across on the deep web? A forum where they post pictures of themselves fucking dead animals. And I don't just mean corpses I mean cut the head off and dick in throathole shit. Freaks

No point going on deep web now since FBI took down all the good shit. Fucking faggots

Those ten families will poach endangered speculator or hunt for the Methuselah and steal pieces to sell to rich idiots

You do realize that steak production has the worst environmental impact of all meat, right?