Do Americans really eat meat loaf every week? What is it? Why do you have so much...

Do Americans really eat meat loaf every week? What is it? Why do you have so much? I will never have it but I would like to try it. Tell me how it is good.

>do _____ really do

thread hidden. sage in all fields.

No. It's an old timers dish. I've only had it a few times. It really depends on who cooks it. I've had it really bad and really good.

During the great depression until the 40s perhaps, but then we entered WW2, and everyone was working again...so people didn't need to eat "survival" food anymore.

I enjoy a nice meatloaf sandwich every once in a while. Maybe twice a year I'll make one out of boredom.

>do americans eat it every week?
no.
>what is it?
ground beef, diced onions, bread, ketchup, etc. mixed and baked as a loaf. pretty tasty.
>how is it good
tastes like a burger kinda

t. murican

I don't eat it all the time but it's like a giant easy to prepare meatball that you can put a lot of good stuff in/on.

we need flags.

>Do Americans really eat meat loaf every week?

Where the fuck did you hear this? Why make a thread about such a dumb assumption?

>Do Americans really
The answer to this is always "No, stop being intentionally retarded."

>eat meat loaf every week?
No. Stop being intentionally retarded.

>What is it?
Ground meat, commonly a mixture of beef and pork, often including veal. Venison and lamb are also occasionally used. Probably not at the same time. Spices to taste, breadcrumbs or stale toasted bread torn to bits, sometimes oats instead, and egg or two mixed in to bind. Tomato based glaze over the top is mandatory.

>I will never have it but I would like to try it. Tell me how it is good.
Many people grew up eating it so it reminds them of simpler times. Also it's made of meat, so it's delicious unless it was made by a shit cook.

I'd never tried it as a kid until I was on a car trip with my aunt and uncle and cousins and we pulled over near sunset to eat and they had made meatloaf sandwiches. DEAR GOD WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN HIDING THIS STUFF!??!!? Delicious!

Cheap, simple, delicious.

>giant meatball
That's exactly what it is. We don't even have a separate word for meatloaf in my language. We just add the 'really fucking big' suffix to the word for 'meatball' so our name for meatloaf literally means 'really fucking big meatball.' And it's delicious.

Why do Americans ask questions about Americans while pretending to be something other than Americans? Why do you do it, AmeriOP?

Meatloaf sandwich? Wat?

Meatloaf is great once every couple monthes. I dont see why every one shits on meatloaf. Its meat and veggies with a sweet, savory (spicy?) glaze.

No, Americans are not like the people in sitcoms
/thread

You dont mix the ketchup into it do you? If not, you dont just put ketchup on top, do you?

Yea dude.

Meatloaf glaze:
Ketchup
Molasses
Tobasco
Garlic powder
Honey

Apply several times throughout cooking proccess.

No. We remember our worthless mom's making it, but even then it was only once a month or so. It sucks. I don't think even whitetrash make much meatloaf anymore.

It's like a giant hamburger that you slice into smaller hamburgers

My mom used to make meatloaf with ground turkey and ketchup. Those were dark days.

That looks disgusting

It's definitely one of the meals that as a child I hated with a burning passion. Nowadays a good meatloaf is heaven for me. Meatloaf and a side of veggies, preferably cauliflower.

Sorry it's not tajine Muhammad.

My mom did that. It was a healthy alternative and the recipe also included quinoa
I don't even like meatloaf in the first place even the name is off putting but that shit was awful

It's literally meat and bread might as well call every sandwich disgusting

>Do Americans
Good thing I report shitposts.

in the fall/winter will have it maybe once or twice a month. all made from scratch.. i don't add soup mix into mine

some recipes are different, but the ones i've had only had ketchup on the top. you add it before you bake it, so it's kinda like a meat cake frosting but not as gross as you'd think.

Gyro/Doner is basically toasted lamb meatloaf.

O B S E S S E D
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

I think meatloaf is great. I had it as a kid, and if you have a good recipe, it can turn out really well. There are a lot of different ways to make it, but it's generally pretty easy. Just a bit of veggie chopping. You can use a glaze or a gravy. It's pretty versatile. Mashed potatoes, and a veggie for sides. I only have it a couple times a year, but I think it's a quintessential American dish.

>white convict decendant from the motherland
>calling me Mohammed

>Ground meat, commonly a mixture of beef and pork, often including veal. Venison and lamb
No.

MEAT LOAF
MEAT LOAF
DOUBLE BEET LOAF
I HATE MEAT LOAF

My family replaces the ketchup with tomato sauce.
Also it does go on top.
Fucking amazing if made right, absolute shit if otherwise, very few in between.

shut the fuck up andy milonakis, I fucking knew you browsed CK. Your stream is good though.

What's wrong with meatloaf, does affordable meat trigger you Europeans?

Europeans eat horse. They're too poor to afford real beef.

>tfw cold meatloaf sandwich with a little sauce

I see you haven't been to /int/ recently. Flags don't stop shitposting, they change its flavor

do americans really buy loaves of meat?

no that's german you mong.

euros eat meatloaf like products all the time, this is just shitposting

you will never see an american eating something that disgusting.

amazing you have the audacity to try and sound sincere when joey's youtube channel exists

you tubers are not americans or europeans, they are just you tubers and are all dumbaf

Most people don't use ketchup, you put tomato sauce on top

they're a stark window into the world that made them what they are, don't delude yourself

Maybe 4 times a year but its not an everyday or even every week meal its dense and it makes you feel sluggish after consumption.

>During the great depression
It wouldn't have been meatloaf back then, but scrapple.

>sluggish after consumption.
thats why you eat just one portion

That ketchup frosting on top of meatloaf. HEAVEN

One thing I'm not much a fan of with Ameristyle meatloaf is the ketchup glaze, but if you guys like it, by all means, eat it.
I make my meatloaf with caramelised onions in it, roast it, then slice and serve with homemade gravy. While I'm sure at least some Amerifriends serve meatloaf with gravy rather than ketchup glaze, in my experience, the only time you guys serve gravy with a mince-based food is Salisbury steak.

Do Amerifriends stuff their meatloaf commonly? Ours typically are. You can find them stuffed with numerous sorts of things, varying family to family. Cornichons/gherkins, cheese rinds, boiled eggs and cooked sausage are the most common, but really anything goes.

Meatloaf is half bread, at least. It is a survival food most certainly consumed during the great depression.

>England
>motherland of whites
>despite dozens of foreign occupations and genetic contributions from abroad associated with said invasions

2Beady4Me

Test i call

>Ground meat, commonly a mixture of beef and pork, often including veal
No

I didn't know this was an american thing. Meatloaf is pretty common here in Belgium and I've seen it in France and the Netherlands. They even serve it pre-prepared at generic butchers.
Everyone's grandma has their own version of it here which can easily go wild with a variety of ingredients in it, never seen one with a ketchup glaze though, seems too sweet.
Served with a good stoemp it's pretty good.

to be fair the glaze (well it can depend) is just a thin layer on top, so it's an overly sweet

I think I would like to try your meatloaf. meatloaf with gravy and some good mashed potatoes sounds great

>a mixture of beef and pork, often including veal. Venison and lamb
Just beef
>Tomato based glaze
Ketchup

I have never had it with a tomato sauce/ketchup on top before. Ours was made with ground beef, oatmeal or cracker, eggs, onion, garlic and seasoned with what ever you wanted. Baked in the oven for like 45 minutes at 350F

Good meatloaf is /comfy/ and very delicious. Side of mashed tates, please.

>inability to read
>thinking I have any connection to England other than the fact my great great great great grand parents stole a loaf of bread from there

I do both; mix in ketchup into meat and bake ~30 minutes, ketchup/tomato sauce on top and bake for ~20 minutes more.

The meatloaf I grew up on had pork country sausage along with ground chuck. Baked in a loaf pan, no glaze. You'd pour off the fat from all the sausage when it was done, but because the fat went to the top of the pan it kind of lightly fried the top. There was also lots of fresh sage and thyme put in with Vidalia onions. It's truly a magnificent thing when you grind your own sausage for it and one of the only meatloafs I know of that don't require any ketchup or glaze.

I've had meatloaf exactly once in my life when I was a kid and it was one of those ready made frozen loafs that you pop in the microwave. It was absolutely disgusting and I, unironically, had to drown out in ketchup just to get it down. It processed to give me horrible diarrhea.

I've made stuffed and nonstuffed meatloves.

The stuffed ones are fun because you can change the glaze to compliment. One of my favorites is a bacon-cheddar stuffed loaf with a bbq glaze.

For the unstuffed, I almost always do the ketchup glaze. Also, a cold slice of leftover meatloaf on deli rye is a godtier sandwich.

big bread-shaped homemade hamburger with ketchup

yeah no
it's always some sweet glaze

>tfw America literally let the gooks bomb Pearl Harbour to give people jobs

BEADY
E
A
D
Y

ONE, DROP.

Good excuse to depose their emperor, install military bases and have direct access to communist China and Korea. Seems like a good sacrifice to me senpai.

RIPIP navyfags.

You're gonna love my loaf!!!

Obsession thread?

Obsession thread.

I usually use
2lb 80/20 meat
Box of stove top stuffing
2 eggs
bbq sauce and ketchup
and usually add a bit of water to the stuffing before I add it. First time I tried it I didnt add any water and the stuffing absorbed all the grease.

Communism and China weren't a concern until after WW2, when Stalin did a 180 on us and spit in our eye.

No.

>What is it?
Exactly what it says on the tin - a giant loaf of ground meat, with binding agents like eggs and breadcrumbs added.

>Why do you have so much?
Because of the great depression, mostly. You can put pretty much any cut of meat through a grinder and the binding agents are dirt-cheap as well.

>I will never have it but I would like to try it.
It's really, really simple. Take some moderately fatty ground beef (80/20 works well), add an egg, some bread soaked in milk/cream, some minced aromatic herbs and vegetables (onion, garlic, rosemary, etc.), mix it all up with your hands and then either put into a loaf pan or just shape it into a loaf and bake it on a baking sheet at ~350F until it's done. The traditional 'Murrican thing to do is to brush the top it with ketchup or barbecue sauce during the last 20 minutes of baking but I never liked that.

>Tell me how it is good.
Multiple kinds of red meat (beef, pork/sausage, veal, etc.), strong aromatics, bread soaked in cream instead of milk and a mushroom stuffing.

The French make really, really good meatloaf, usually with veal.

Hardly anyone I know eats/makes it anymore. My mom made it every once in a while
>What is it?
Ground beef mixed with maybe eggs and some spices, topped with a ketchup or tomato soup glaze
>Why do have so much?
I think its more of a TV trope/old timey thing than anything.
It is hilarious how much Euros think Americans do/eat because of TV shows and movies

It's best with mashed potatoes and green beans

What does beady mean you cuckold

Its just salsbury steak marinated in ketchup instead of gravy.

well, like many things homemade from scratch is infinitely better than some crappy frozen, pre-made version

Leberkäse isn't meatloaf, it is not even meatloaf like. It is actually a sausage. A weird looking bread-sized sausage.

This

I'm convinced 80% of this board is British shitposters and obese flyover burgers.

Not every week but couple times every few months. Its just beef in a loaf. It's good with some mashed potatoes and green beans, also some cornbread. Definitely bad for you but a good comfort food.

i think mainly it is a autumn/winter thing. I don't ever eat it in spring or summer

It's not inherently bad for you. If your dietary habits are already shit, cutting meatloaf out won't suddenly make it good. Likewise, if your diet's good, having a meal of meatloaf won't be bad.

The way I make it, a serving of meatloaf has about 22g of saturated fat, which sounds like a lot but considering the US RDA is 24g and that I don't eat meat at every meal, it's fine.

If you're having bacon and eggs at breakfast, fried chicken with macaroni and cheese at lunch and meatloaf and mash for dinner, yeah: that's not good.
Eat more veg.

Fucking disgusting

My meatloaf is 50/50 pork and beef. Parsley, salt, pepper, egg, bread crumbs, onion, garlic.
No glaze, but make gravy with the drippings

i ma drunk and can answer this in estrmee leveles of candor
meatloaf is a "tradititionak" dish aka poveryty dish or if youre rich its whenever you feel like it. everydoby hda their own variation of meatloafd. it all hails from whatever euorpyean answerestor youre from. if youre sweddeding, its diffferent from if youre italaidan. my senpaitachi secreret familay rescipepe is the addition of grape jam. we are swedisigh/polish/italian. wsedeienhs meatballs are the current "hip: thing thanks to ikea. honeslty like most americans probablky odnt eat meatlaf everurthing weel becaise tehery are to poor. the smart poor probably make it, alng with other samart poor meals aka people whjo can cook.

>us

Nazism stood in the way of Communism. Never forget the Holodomor and what caused it, the Gulags and what happened there. THAT was the true Holocaust. Japan, like many others, is just another occupied territory of America.

It means you. You are beady.

i dont understand

kys fagot

t. Someone who actually had to Google the definition

You don't know what the fucking word "marinated" means. Moron.

Is that a hat or hair?

Another American bachelor chiming in, on his second meatloaf in three or so weeks. It's nice to have in the fridge and eat a piece cold after work with some veggies. No, I don't eat I very often, but it can be good easy food.

Is this really only an American thing?