Is living a life of luxury only looked down on by those who can't afford it...

Is living a life of luxury only looked down on by those who can't afford it? I bet Nietzhe wouldn't be so glum if he was yachting and got his dick sucked by 10/10s every day same goes for anyone no way that dude in the bandana kills himself if he had that

rich people are super depressed man

1. Sit comfortably, close your eyes, and take two or three deep breaths. As you inhale, imagine drawing in masses of clean air toward the top of your head; then let it flow through you from head to toe as you exhale, washing all concerns away.
2. Think of any occasion in your life when you performed a good deed, however great or small. Focus on that memory for a moment.
3. Now think of one being who could have great affection for you. Imagine their warmth, their kindness and compassion. See it in their eyes and face. Feel their warmth radiating toward you, enveloping you.
4. See yourself through their eyes with warmth, kindness, and compassion. Feel them giving you complete forgiveness You are completely and absolutely forgiven. You have a clean slate.
5. Feel them giving you wholehearted acceptance. You are accepted as you are, now, at this stage of growth, at this moment imperfections and all. You are perfect.

How do you feel?

i didnt need to do this to come to this conclusion but

>luxury is a subjective term.

thank you

>no way that dude in the bandana kills himself if he had that

$5 million
David Foster Wallace, Net worth

+free audience schnaz

Read siddhartha. All you need is a small shack by the river, man.

Nah, rich people know that they're probably not going to make a significant creative contribution to anything in any way (other than paying someone else who is poor to do it). That's why they go the other way entirely and pretty much bury themselves in distractions and material possessions. I'd argue that this is one of the reasons they get so involved with charity as well.

I'm not saying they're unhappy either, don't misunderstand me, but they most definitely lead empty lives with a shallow dew of happiness coated over something which they do not even know can exist. In other words, most of them are happy yes, but not the same happiness as the poor man who creates a masterpiece, or a man with nothing who receives something that means the world to him.

I mean ACTUAL wealthy ppl don't blow their money on the life of luxury. they travel more and have some expensive quality items. but majority of ppl who spend money on dumb and flaunting it like the rock stars do are technical the poor ones.

also stop getting your info from the wolf of wall street. thats unrealistic unless you're a saudi prince

T. Guy who teaches rich people tennis at a country club
this is incorrect

Nice input mate, but I don't think it is. Please elaborate.
And don't bother posting some worthless personal anecdote either.

your whole post is a worthless personal anecdote LMAO

>teaches people tennis at a country club
Rich people or the comfortably middle class, rarely produce anything worthwhile when it comes to art. I sense that you're just insecure about this because you know it to be true, and you realise you have pretty much zero chance of your shitty novel being anything more than just that, a shitty novel.

>well known facts
>anecdote
okay whatever you say

are you saying only poor people do???????
what has the ghetto produced in the last decade I must have missed the wonderful art they have produced over the years pls share with me. and real nice resorting to personal attacks!

>facts
source pls?

Find your own source, you fucking moron. I don't care enough to waste my time searching for that information, just so I can give it to some fucking moron, who is obviously a fucking idiot if he didn't know it anyway. It is easy enough to find for yourself. I don't care whether you know or not, or whether you believe it or not.
What is it with faggots asking for "source", as if it means fucking anything, or as if I'm interested in your learning? Nah, mate. I couldn't give a fuck if you remain ignorant forever, unless you pay me, I'm not teaching you fucking anything.

Also, to answer your other question... poor people in the last decade have contributed more to art, literature and music than rich people have for the past 500 years.

Be honest, you're just a rich faggot who's upset that he'll never produce anything worthwhile, aren't you?

>. poor people in the last decade have contributed more to art, literature and music than rich people have for the past 500 years.

like who???????
what has the ghetto or slavs produced in the last 20 years????
>What is it with faggots asking for "source"
you said well known facts and can't provide a source its a simple question friend.

It's not that I can't provide a source, it's just that I simply don't give a fuck enough to.

Also, who is talking about Slavs or the ghetto? Also, what ghetto?
You can't even be consistent with your stupidity, for fuck sake.

>completely subjective perceptions
>most of it horribly misinformed, directly in conflict with historical evidence
>well-known facts

>horribly misinformed
>conflict with historical evidence
Why lie?

Not the guy you're raging at like a hormonal teenager, but you really have no clue what you're talking about.

I sincerely hope your posts have all just been bad bait.

>raging
How sensitive are you?

>you really have no clue what you're talking about
Nice input. You really showed me!

>>Also, who is talking about Slavs or the ghetto? Also, what ghetto?
you are saying that poor people are producing better art. People who live in the poorest areas in america aka the ghetto to my knowledge have not produced great art recently. Unless of course you can prove me wrong?

Implying that means fucking anything? What do they have to be constantly churning out masterpieces for it to be true?
Jesus christ, you're a fucking idiot.

For all your talk about having sources, you really need to look again at who has contributed the most to the arts and culture over time. It isn't true across the board, but it is mostly people of at least comfortable means, if not downright wealthy.

Also, your charity argument is just the naive perception of an adolescent. The rich contribute to charitiea mostly for the tax breaks.

The only thing you've said that is remotely close to a decent opinion is your take on the happiness of the wealthy and even that is not some great insight.

Spend less time angrily typing away at people you'll never meet and more time reading and talking with real people in real life.

>Rich people or the comfortably middle class, rarely produce anything worthwhile when it comes to art.

Turgenev - upper middle class
Tolstoy - aristocracy
Gogol - petty gentry, equivalent to middle class
Kafka - middle class
Wilde - upper middle class
Flaubert - upper middle class
Montaigne - upper class
Hemingway - upper middle class
Woolf - middle to upper middle class
Nabokov - upper class
Borges - middle class
Ibsen - upper middle class
Proust - upper middle class
Goethe - middle class

:^)

Not very. But all the ad hominems and unnecessary uses of fuck is the hallmark of a teenager who flips out over the smallest thing. Those posts aren't even the typical rantings of anons on this imageboard.

I teach at a high school, I know the mindset of a teen when I see it.

Pretty much all writers prior to like the 1850s were at least upper middle class.

Says the clown who obstinately refuses to provide a single source. Not because he can't, mind you, but simply "doesn't give enough a fuck to".

That list could go on and on. And that's only writers, and mostly novelists/short story writers at that. Never mind poets, composers, painters, sculptors, photographers, architects, etc.

The greatest thinkers have historically been aristocrats or at least well off. They had the luxury of being able to study and create art and science instead of working.

Here is the difference: today, rich people have infinitely more material goods to choose from. What was a Greek noble in 300 B.C. going to do with his privilege? It was either drink wine and fuck boys all day, or think about life and draw math in the sand.

The greatest thinkers in the past would be doing the same things the rich of today are doing if they had the opportunity.

You're right about the well-off having more material things to waste their time with today than in the past. But they are also still generally the only ones with the means, opportunities, connections, and upbringings that are usually necessary and thus still the more likely sources of creative endeavors in the arts and sciences.

At least I'm honest. I'm tired of lazy fucks demanding a source when they could find it themselves. It's all too common on the internet now. Last I checked, teachers were paid. As I said, I don't fucking care if they remain ignorant until death, I don't need to prove anything if I don't want to.

>Cherry picking
Of course earlier writers were somewhat richer, that's because they were the only fucks who could read or write, idiot. Even then, many of them were poor and/or going absolutely nuts when creating their works, so much so that they may as well have been poor.

I'm not saying that none of them did, of course they did, just that more of them were poor and/or living in destitution at the time of writing or creating said masterpiece.

It's only the bitter rich who argue your point though. I've seen it over and over again.

I don't fucking care about your fucking opinion, nor do I care for your horseshit anecdotes as a proof for your made up beliefs about absolutely sweet fuck all.
Me saying "fuck" or any other fucking word, does not mean anything.
How can a grown man accuse me of having a "teen mindset" for using a naughty word? Haha

To be a rich person in current society is impossible unless you are extremely socially well-connected, or through family. There are just too many people fighting for that spot now. There's also the rare chance of being endowed by some kind of artistic merit award, or striking it big with the mainstream, but that is also more about connections and marketing than intrinsic quality of anything you create.

So stop thinking about it

>Impossible
Yeah but it's not though is it, moron?

>Too many people fighting for that spot
As if there hasn't always been.

Everyone in America (greatest country on earth ever) is rich compared to all other times in history and every other country, and yeah art school is expensive but anyone can get a student loan

>Is living a life of luxury only looked down on by those who can't afford it?
As demonstrated by Kropotkin - not always.