If french food is supposedly the best, why doesn't anybody eat it regularly?

if french food is supposedly the best, why doesn't anybody eat it regularly?

I can get tacos and mexican platters, pizza and pasta and italian sandwiches, all manner of asian foods, plus the american classics
even russians are well represented with delis and stuff

nobody likes french food otherwise there would be more fast casual french options. Nobody wants to eat it, that's why french restaurants are so few and far between yet there's a pizzeria and chinese take out on every corner

>if french food is supposedly the best, why doesn't anybody eat it regularly?
Because it's the best.

>nobody likes french food otherwise there would be more fast casual french options
obviously someone doesn't have a Pierre's where he lives. I go to Pierre's all the time - for me, it's the quiche avec les pommes de terre, with a diet coke

You know that a ton of traditional American food is using straight up French technique right?

>French technique
that's another thing
the french didn't invent shit. They just gave names to things

everybody knows to lay out your ingredients before you cook, the french decided to give that process a name for some reason

same with knife cuts. everyone else in the world will just say "yo homie, just slice em into little sticks"

Tbh the french don't really seem to have a wide variety of what they do with their main dishes - so many variations of seafood soup.
Besides that, I'd say its because they have a greater focus on a long drawn out meal because of the culture of dinner there, so more attention is put into appetizers, wine, and desserts, which isn't necessarily what people in the US want if they're just going out to dinner

But I do.

The problem is British/American culture has a Francophobic streak and believes that French = fancy and fancy = scary. Many Americans are afraid that eating French food is some kind of betrayal of their social class, which is kind of hilarious considering that modern French history elevated the status of the working class more than any other Western European country, let alone America where everyone pretends he's a temporarily embarrassed millionaire
Also this

Oops meant to also this Not just technique but ingredients too

The French used to, but I assume you're talking about America.

Immigration started with mostly Brits, Italians, and Germans, later adding a heavy Irish element, and presently is mostly illegals and various Asian ethnicities. There's not a lot of "French" spread through the US, most of it is confined to a small portion of otherwise unremarkable swampland.
You can see this in the foods that are considered to be the most "American". Hamburgers, hotdogs, beer, fries, pizza, and various fruit pies. Comfort foods like meatloaf, mac and cheese, casseroles, pasta, you get the idea.

Asian foods, besides the ubiquitous Chinese Take-aways and Buffets, are still generally seen as a novelty or something slightly upscale. Italian places run the gamut between fastfood and gourmet because of the time spent in the country. But you'll never see that kind of nationwide coverage with French food, because there just aren't enough French people anywhere.

I have never eaten or even seen French food or a French restaurant in my life.

Lol like whatabout Baggueterie's, Crepe's or french fries u fat fuck.

>pierre's

get on my level, jacque's coq au vin et plus is my fuckin spot.

how is this possible? where do you live?

Everything you eat is french you fucking cripple

That's because there are no french diaspora in the size of the diaspora you mentionned. So the only thing French being exported are overpriced pastries, Haute Cuisine and Wine.
We just didn't export our way of life.
>there would be more fast casual french options
There are a lot in France, but given that the lunch break is longer in France than in most country (called a lunch hour for a reason), getting a quick rib with fries for lunch might take you 40 minutes.

You're generalizing an entire culinary culture on your appreciation that it has not been exported enough to the US, bar some New York restaurants, from a people that didn't migrated in significant numbers.
> so many variations of seafood soup
Depends, I eat out once a month and I never eat bisques or fish in general. But then again, South Western france is known for cooking Duck in a thousand way, not Fish.
>French = fancy
Which is stupid. When I see a good old, messy cassoulet, the only thing in my mind is that I'll eat like a pig, fancyness be damned.
But I guess that's French bashing for you. Oh well I still love my British and Americans brothers

>It's another "There's no such thing as culture" thread
Fuck off, globalist necrophile.

Of course, OP, that which is popular is evidently best.

>Oh well I still love my British and Americans brothers

Said no French person ever

French items have been picked out by restaurants that serve other food. You'll find quiche or however you spell that in a lot of lunch places, they're just not specifically marketed as "french". You'll find French baguettes and croissants at bakeries, they're just not always "French" bakeries. You'll find French cheeses everywhere, etc.

It's a lot like with English food. Food of English origin is everywhere (cheddar cheese, anyone?)it formed the bedrock of American cuisine, but because there aren't English restaurants with English flags all over them people assume that either English foods aren't popular or that it's bad. Neither is true.

It's like how in 100 years' time everyone will be eating burger :D:D:D without giving credit to the Burger people because of how ubiquitous it has become.

the tl;dr on that is because Louis XIV wanted french culture to be a thing in Europe and made possible what we call now the French touch.

Cooking is seen as something professional in France. We didn't invented more things than other countries, but when you come in Paris and go to some restaurant gastronomique, you know you're gonna taste things you won't find somewhere else, and those are often hard to do / you wouldn't think about creating such a thing

I've never had french food and it sounds pretentious as fuck

Give me a steak, rare. Preferably still mooing

Wow you sound like a really masculine straight guy user

There's a French bakery near my house. I get a fucking feuillete de porc and a canele du Bordeaux like 4 times a week

i agree with OP
i went to france 10 years a go and had some very average meals
the wait staff were rude on top of it
i hear much better things about italy.
Plus i don't like spending 3 hours to fucking eat.
I wanna eat quickly and get back to work or being a tourist checking shit out.
In france we couldnt do more than one thing a day because eating took too damn long.
Im over it.

they do. you don't, because of where you live and how you grew up, but your life isn't everyone's life user. have some fucking maturity

>Steak frites is literally the most common bistro dish
Kek.

I lived in France for a year and lived off of microwave food
Italy has better food, better service and you get more food for the same price but frenchies are obnoxious and pretentious twats who still think their food is the best.
That being said cassoulet is great

OMG I hate steak now!

>quiche avec les pommes de terre
you're a plebian

It's also hilarious because they want to be rich but they also hate the rich for being brainwashed egghead coastal elites because they have a culture other than hotdish, mudding, and incest.

>frenchies are obnoxious and pretentious twats
Sounds like you were in Paris.

I'm British and I certainly don't think of French food as being 'fancy'.
That's purely an American thing, most traditional French food is derived from peasant cuisine.

>the French didn't invent shit
The whole modern restaurant system is based on the French brigade method.

>most traditional french food is derived from peasant cuisine

how fucking boring do you have to be to drop this like it's useful and relevant wisdom

just because it was derived from peasant cuisine does not mean it is peasant cuisine.

french people pair food with wine, every little town has a different celebrated thing it does and they basically invented commercial fine dining in its modern form. they have tons of finicky and particular dishes and ingredients.

the thing is that 'fancy' doesn't just mean expensive or hoity toity when it comes to food. a lot of the food rural french people eat would seem fancy to people outside france. the same way barbecued calcottes with romesco sauce would, or a whole roast kid or whatever. many countries have lots of different local and seasonal traditions, but france has a particularly strong history of supporting them and also applying them commercially.

Only white people think French food is best.

Only French people think French food is the best, and the French are mostly not white.

Pls don't talk about incest like that, frenchie.

>the French are mostly not white
>this is what Americans actually believe