Exams just finished. Now for three months of freedom!

Exams just finished. Now for three months of freedom!

Any oxbros here? I just finished second-year physics. How ya feeling? EM was a bit of a bastard. I was not prepared for it, let alone that.

>I was not prepared for it, let alone that.
What the fuck are you saying? Cease this limey nonsense at once.

I was kind of playing with words and I'm a bit stoned so sorry. Surely you can work out what I mean though.

>I'm a bit stoned
degenerate

>EM was a bit of a bastard
>a bit

I'm gonna murder the A2 examiner. At least A3 and A1 weren't bad. Class Mech was piss tho

>three months of freedom!

That needs to be two months of internship and a month of self-study if you wanna keep a leg up in the rat race, friend.

I dunno, I think the A2 and A3 examiners got a bit carried away. Still, A3 went far better. I'm hoping that the boundaries go down.. I need to be sure of a 2:1 this year. It didn't help that I started Concerta on Thursday and it made me extremely tired and a little dissociated.
I didn't do Classical Mech, not after last year's disaster. I did biological physics. Would have been nice if we'd studied neurotransmitters a bit, and the lectures were useless. Learned everything the day before lel

>self study
Oh yeah, that's kind of what I mean by "freedom". I think I'll either go for real analysis & set theory or logic or differential gemoetry. It'll be sooo nice to catch up with my other interests.

How hard is Oxford compared to other UK universities?

Cambridge here
Friccin nerds

>the Lord is my Light
This university should be burned down to the grown, it's faculty chopped, and its students made to eat them while sitting naked in the ashes.

Why do they even keep a motto not one of them believes in? Fucking terminal Christianity. Fucking tragedy.

Go back to brainlet, you'll never get into a school as good as Oxford.
>t. MIT graduate student

If you're looking for logic and set theory stuff Frederic Schuller has a nice series of lectures on youtube starting from logic and moving to diff. geom

How do I get into oxford?

Stop going on Veeky Forums.

I'd literally kill myself if I had Classes run past the middle of june

According to QS Rankings
>www.topuniversities.com

In Europe

Cambridge is the
best in STEM & Medicine,
2nd best in Arts & Humanities,
3rd best in Economics, Business & Political Science.

Oxford is the
best in Arts Humanities,
2nd best in STEM & Medicine,
2rd best in Economics, Business & Political Science.

London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) is the best in Economics & Political Science.

London Business School is the best in Business.

UCL (University College London) & Imperial College London are also in World Top10

These rankings are shit. They're systematically biased towards anglosphere universities, by proxy of several bullshit criteria.

1. Have good A Level results and something that puts you ahead of other students.
2. Either be UK/EU citizen or have rich parents if international.

4-5 AP's with grades 4 or above in related subjects and ACT/SAT with 99% percentile I believe. Difficult for Americans

Fuck the quantum. Fuck qualitatively described double potential wells.

Oxford is literally shit tier compared to Cambridge for STEM.
Oxfords only good for PPE and other (((humanity))) subjects

A bunch of 5's on 3 (?) AP tests relevant to your proposed area of study. Also, 1500+/33+ SAT/ACT, which is 99th percentile. For example Chemistry would probably want AP Chem, AP Calc (AB or BC, I doubt it matters), and AP Physics. If you are below a 1400/30 initially on the SAT/ACT then it is doubtful whether or not you can get up to 99th. You can use SAT 2's instead of APs, which are easier and can be taken multiple times, so if you can't get 5's then just take SAT 2s junior year (which is probably over for you).

Stop fucking whining, it focuses on tangible qualities such as research output rather than intangible qualities such as teachinf quality. Only USNews actually attempts to look at intangibles and that is mainly prestige.

Lol, I can't believe they only require 3 APs. Britbongs must sincerely believe that an AP is somehow equivalent to an A Level.

Cool, thanks. I've started on Bartle & Sherbert's real analysis book, seems ok.
I'm not sure. In other unis (apart from Cam) the terms are four weeks longer, which must make it substantially less stressful.
Not necessary.
It sucks, but terms are only 8 weeks long. I mean it's intense but at least it's short. The past few weeks were terrible though, sitting in the library for hours while the sun poured into the sweaty murk.
Aahaha.. yeah. I kind of just made up what I thought was reasonable. Part B wasn't as nice as I wanted it to be either. Weird how there was a pure maths question.
But EM as soooo much worse..

>not taking at least one class with your internship
what are you, a fucking casual?

>t.Redbrick
?

>Or have rich parents if international.

It's been my life's dream to study at Oxford. Hope the rich parent part isn't a prerequisite. Is the tuition for internationals that much higher than a UK citizen's?

>Not studying over the summer

Never gonna make it

Be born into money

>not reading the thread
you have already succumbed to mediocrity

How do you study in summer sm.h

>How ya feeling?

I have 5 exams ready to make my summer exciting. Otherwise I'd have no excuse when people want to hang out because the only thing I want to hang is my head over my body on a neck with a rope...

...but other than that I'm fine.

>stemlords

Look at these retards who fell for the (((prestige))) of science
Just work a little harder goy you'll get that research director position even if odds are 95% that you won't

>fail school most my life and get expelled at 16
>do a 180
>A*A*A*A* A levels (second highest was AAA)
>compete in bmo (only first round), first in schools history
>b/c gcses
>oxford NEVER EVER

Hold me bros

Any strathclyde people here?

Who shat in the tic building

Like 4 times higher, and no loans. Where are you from, I am an international student and uk is shit, I should've committed suicide instead of moving here for studying. Though I do not from the best uni, but still with decent in ratings.

Handed in my MChem thesis 2 weeks ago, viva next week, then I'm done. FeelsGoodMan

you meant (((academia))), friendo

actual scientific methods are rad

Cambridge? They don't care as much about your GCSEs compared to Oxford, better uni too

a lot of the entry is based on the entrance exam and interview - far less weight on GCSEs than you think. Also if you already have your A-levels, why would they care about GCSEs?

Ohh nice one, viva sounds kinda scary though. interviews all over again. what's your thesis on?

>doing fundamental research in industry

yabro unless you're a company exec you aren't directing your research focus outside of academia
and academia is literal dicksucking

also:
muh gubbermint gibs pls don't cut funding
fucking sciautists are leeches to natural philosophy and real discovery

If I have really good A Level grades (let's say A*A*A*A), am I guaranteed an entry test+interview?