Is the dietary portion of influence on the taller height of germanics in the modern age due more to the traditional...

Is the dietary portion of influence on the taller height of germanics in the modern age due more to the traditional germanic cuisine, or to the higher income levels and development allowing for a more diverse diet? Do the dutch, northern germans, and scandinavians even really eat stuff like pic related anymore? Or are their eating habits completely cosmopolitan by now?

what's the green stuff

Kale

that looks awesome

Seeing as how dietary constraints have been removed throughout most of europe and how the talles europeans which are dinaric serbs have a very different diet, I'd say it's mostly genetics.

what's it seasoned with tho
I see yellow balls

The "yellow balls" could be pepper.

That plate is missing an awful lot of meat user. Pinkelwurst is hands down the best German sausage.

Mustard seed you retarded faggot(s).

The tallest people are from the regions comprising northeast Italy, southern Slovenia, northwest Croatia and western Bosnia/Herzegovina. We're not often including in lists of tallest countries because while we're moreorless ethnically homogenous throughout this region, we span several nations rather than just one.

I'm somewhat short for my family at 1m83, same height as my grandmother. One of my brothers is 2m3 for fuck's sake.

>dinaric serbs
Oh, you mean Resians and northern Croats. Yeah, we're pretty fucking tall.

No that would be Bregewurst you uncultured swine.

I eat this 2-3 times a year (german)

Dont use grünkohl in glass use frozen

Oldenburger Art is with rolled oats.

>unironically enjoying Bregenwurst

My ancestors aren't forest-apes, can't get into it.

Alpine Bosnians are supposed to be genetically the tallest but they have shitty nutrition so they ain't much

I'm sorry for your inferior ancestry.

>pride in Bavaria

Prussian peasant pls go.

stampot is GOAT
I eat a variant regularly when I eat w parents

Dutch person here, my mom makes that meal in pic quite a bit. We call it boerenkool met rookworst ("farmer's cabbage" with smoked sausage) - the green shit is kale. Other traditional Dutch dishes she prepares from time to time include sourkraut with potatoes and smoked sausage, cauliflower with cheese/hollandaise sauce and potatoes and a meat of some sort, endives (super bitter vegetable not many Americans are familiar with), or this shit we call andijvie which I believe is a species of the aforementioned endives - it's usually boiled and often mashed with potatoes. The typical Dutch meal is a meat, potatoes, and some vegetable, sometimes mashed together with the potatoes (though usually mashed by the eater, not the cook).

I really want to know what kind of kale that is and how it was prepared. Anyone know? It looks awesome.

I know they eat a lot of Lacinto kale in europe, perhaps it's that.

Only speaking for me, but I eat traditional german Cousine and I enjoy it. But not on a daily basis. My diet also contains Indian/asian, Mediterranean and slavic dishes. On the rare occasion of dining put I normally don't visit german restaurants except when dining with my grandparents.

Not in netherlands/germany/denmark, there the standard variety is normal green curly kale while lacinato kale is restricted more to being found in health food stores apparently.

Not all Dinaric Serbs, Montenegrins are fucking giants but normal Serbs are still pretty huge. Had one who worked on my mates car and we called him Giga Slav (not to his face obv)

As a university student who lives on his own, I can tell you that I don't make this stuff very often due to the hassle of combining kale, potatoes and milk. People in general in the Netherlands are pretty shit cooks, but slightly better than English. Meals like pic related are made quite often. Some people even eat meat, potatoes and veggies pretty much everyday. Other people try to make mediterranean or mexican dishes with varying results. It's mostly pretty shitty.

Also, pretty much everyone knows how to make bami, nasi and other Indonesian dishes so we at least have that going for us.

Milk????

>no based boerenkool yet

German here, that's one of my favourite cold weather foods. Very popular among my friends and family too. So yes, they do eat it.

i think op wants to know if Germans and Dutch are so tall because they eat good, solid, rustic, hearty, proper, traditional germanic food. He also asks if Germans even eat traditional German food anymore or if they eat generic shit now

Endive is nothing compared to most varieties of raddichio, although it does depend on the conditions in which it was grown. In any case, we eat shedloads of both in Slovenia and traditionally no meal goes without a large bowl of bitter salad dressed with crushed garlic, vinegar and pumpkinseed oil in winter months. It really bothers me that it's so hard to find these greens elsewhere.

Since Slovenia likes bitter salads do you guys eat dandelions? I'm amerilard, but I love foraging for dandelions in the spring and making a salad with them. They're slightly bitter when young and very tender. By summer though, they're tough and overly bitter.

Yeah, it's pretty common, less so with the younger generation though. My grandparents used to go ham on the fields in early spring but I was too young and couldn't handle the bitterness. Should try them again sometime, I completely forgot what they tasted like