Hey this is my first time on this board...

Hey this is my first time on this board, and i was hoping someone could help me with some budget meals that are still tasty. I just moved with with my boyfriend so money is tight, and any meal ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Other urls found in this thread:

grouprecipes.com/73215/arroz-de-tomate-e-feijao---rice-with-tomato-and-beans.html
reddit.com/r/budgetfood/
youtu.be/W1kug8O8kCA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

my standard recipe:

grouprecipes.com/73215/arroz-de-tomate-e-feijao---rice-with-tomato-and-beans.html

Eat your bird.

Free is free.

Thank you! It was very kind of you to help!

Not my birb

depending on where you live carbonara is pretty cheap, eggs are like 2 bucks per dozen here, bacon not that expensive either about 3 bucks per pound.

fried rice with veggies egg and maybe whatever leftover meat you have lying around

buy ground meats on sale or meat with bone in they are usually cheaper than skinless and boneless meats and you can boil the bones/carcass to make broth

lentils and beans in soups/stews are a good way to make them more hearty for stupidly cheap amounts of money

pork bellies are usually very cheap and delicious but very fatty

>birb

RedditGoPls

reddit.com/r/budgetfood/

I live in West Virginia. Things here are pretty cheap but I would very much like to cook more and have little experience doing so. Your ideas are helpful though so I've saved them for next time I shop and I'll look up what all can be made with those basic ingredients. Thanks!

Get a mining job, money problem solved. Trump saved 50,000+ jobs in the Virginias alone, just in that one industry.

Get to work. OR move to SEO to work in fracking, wouldn't be too far from home, guaranteed 60+ hours a week @ $20hr.

A McChicken is only 1.19 and has been confirmed to be the best fast food sandwich. Try that out.

I have a job, I start next week.

Go to a good pantry if you are short on money. Lrn2Survival. Free is better than spending what little financial resources you have left. Minimum 2 weeks to get your first check, you're going to need that for rent/mobile/utilities etc etc etc.

I'd still recommend finding a fracking job, they give you a weekly allowance for housing in top of your salary, or rent out entire hotels to house their employees. Unless you are making $60,000 now with little/no skills.

Food pantry***

I'm not gonna get into this topic after I say this but I don't like the environmental impacts of fracking.. that being said, the job I'll be starting is going to pay $10 an hour which isn't a crazy amount of money but it's better than my last job. This is my first time being away from home for more than a few days at a time, and my parents live 4 hours away. I'm still learning how to budget and I pay bills before anything else. I've got money set aside for that but I still worry that food is what's gonna be tough to cover.

Fuck off fracking shill

This is super easy to make.
youtu.be/W1kug8O8kCA

Interesting, thanks!

Politics have nothing to do with your poverty, your stupidity does. Go to a food pantry, and eat normally, or starve. You're the only person in control of this.

In all fairness I mentioned coal mining before fracking, which is much more translatable to OPs geographic location. Coal miners get dosh m8. True mans work. They even hire women. Under-staffed industry that has finally been deregulated to the point of functionality. If your morals overpower your basic instincts to survive, you're not meant for this world.

kung pao chicken
you need
-1 big chicken tigh, deboned
-1round zuchini
-1 small bell pepper
-1carrot
-1 medium onion
-soy sause
-hoisin sauce
-oyster sauce
-chili oil
-oil
-white wine
-garlic
-ginger
-glutinous rice
-flour or kitchen paper or both

Ok first thing first if you are smart like me you bought a whole fresh chicken becasue its half the price as buying just the breasts for twice the meat, you are going to need a sharp knife, a bowl, a plastic bag for the skin and bones and a chopping board, any youtube video that shows ou how is done its fine, dont throw away the wings because they are great to thicken any sorth of sauce

as for the meal, grab that tigh and cut it into bite sizes, stuff it into a bowl, crush two of the biggest cloves of garlic you have and chop them, its ok if it ends up messy dont worry, next grab a bit of ginger, its up to taste but i generally use same amount of garlic and ginger because i really like ginger, peel with a spoon and chop, throw it all on top of the chicken, add soy sauce and white wine and mix it a bit, leave it in the fridge 4-6 hours
add a bit of stock into a pot with whatter and let simmer until reduced
and make sure to wash the rice 6 times before you make it

Instructions for the meal
take the chicken out of the fridge and carefully dry it either with the kitchen paper or coat it with flour very carefully so it ends up dry and not sticky
pan fry it in small batches over high heat and remove
add the carrots
add the bell peppers
add more garlic
add the zuchini, mix it a bit and quickly add the onion
when the oinon starts looking translucid add chicken stock (not a whole lot you are making a sauce)
add soy sauce, half a tablespoon of oyster sauce, same for the hoisin sauce and half of that for the chili oil
mix
add chicken
taste and correct until its good

for the rice, add the rice to the cold water
1 cup/1 cup
put lid on pot
turn on high until it boils, the low for nine minutes
turn stove off and wait ten minutes before removing lid
serves 4 people

Post asshole or fuck off back to redddit you worthless harpy

Saved! Thank you!
This isn't /b/

fried rice
for the rice, i like the integral short grain because it is more chewy and has a better flavour but you can use almost any rice
-make it, take it out just before its completely done when its edible but a little bit too tough
-if it comes out gooey wash it with cold water until the grain separates
-leave it in the fridge an entire day
-heat pan
-make 3 eggs scambled, remove
-add one carrot finely chopped and one onion finely chopped
-add the rice, make sure it isnt clumped before
-mix for a couple minutes
-add the egg

genral tip for reheating any sorth of stir fry is that it tastes better but it gets more soggy so a small bag of toasted sesame or some chopped scallion goes a long way for making it feel more fresh

>boyfriend
Fuck off faggot

Your choice of vegetable + parmesan + sauteed in olive oil + rice is my go to budget meal. You can switch up the flavorings with the appropriate herbs and spices.

All depends on what the cost of meats are in your area and whether you can see the advantage of learning to use spices in your cooking justifying the extra spend on them.

My goto for cheap and easy is satay chicken w/ rice which is really only 1 or 2 dollars above the cost of the meat for the spices, sauce and vegetables.

-rice cooked via the absorption method with a tiny amount of star anise and cardomon pods to add aroma (optional broccoli steamed on top of the rice)

-seasoned chicken pieces cooked under a medium grill/broiler for 12 minutes a side then cut into bite size pieces.

-satay sauce is built up from a dash of oil, sautéed onions, 1 tsp garlic, 1 tbsp red curry paste, 2 tsp ground coriander, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, 1/2 tsp ground fenel seeds (or any asian spice mix), some cayenne pepper then add 2 tbsp of peanut butter and 1/3 can of coconut cream, using water to adjust thickness.

Balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, and worcestershire are also all good to help with variety