Can japanese cuisine actually compare to other countries?

Can japanese cuisine actually compare to other countries?

They're pretty good with rice & fresh fish since thats what they've been eating for thousands of years.

Nope.
Like the nips themselves it's bland and soulless.

Is th-
Is that frosting?

Japan is good at presentation, everything else comes second.
Also, japan isn't good at confectionaries, at all.
All those meme cakes and puffy pancake things, none of those things are designed to taste good, they only look good in pictures.

What the fuck do you think it is you stupid cunt

No.

The Japs make some good pasta.

Looks like watery frosting. Maybe they should use more powdered sugar next time.

Never shit talk green tea cakes, or you'll catch a fade

Makes sense since theyre pretty luxurious things.
Then again what country competes with the rich EU areas in pastries/deserts?

Of course it does. I love Japanese food, but every culture has food that is equally as tasty. You'd have to be a fucking weeb if you think Japanese cuisine is superior to everything else.

>every culture has food that is equally as tasty
No, if you ever ate in Finland youd know how false that statement is.

does anybody have that pic of those THICC puffy Japanese pancakes

>Countries in Europe besides Italy and France have worthwhile culinary contributions

lol

no bully

Paella is a Spanish version of Tajine, a delicacy brought over by Islamic conquerors that decided to hang out for 900years and diversify the genetic makeup of indigenous people(s).

Japanese food is just mediocre recipes made well.
Western food is usually great recipes done badly.

Having spent 15 years in Japan, then 20 in the United States, I remember how hard it was getting used to American food. All the flavors were so much more... just more. More bold, more sweet, more spicy. I lost 30 pounds my first year because everything was just so unappetizing. It was just too much. I felt overpowered by the food.

I eventually worked my way around the problem by learning to cook really well. Lots, and lots of home cooking where I had full control over what what into the food and how strong it was.

And now I'm chef. That's my story.

>EU
What does an economic union have to do with cuisine?

I'm pretty sure they'll come up right away if you search for "thick pancakes"

thicc

hnnngh

THICC

despite speaking conversational japanese and being familiar with the culture, I literally have no notion of what "Japanese Food" is.
Like, you got
>Italy - Pasta and tomato dishes, predominantly acidic
>(Parts of) China - Hot pots, mantou, congee, char siu (etc) Can be spicy or savory, but they prefer light and fresh ingredients because of Qi balance
>Mexico - Lots of maize and legumes, beef and pork are staples, dairy takes a key role in the cuisine
so on and so forth

but when I get to Japan, I cant think of a flavor profile or anything. There's.... sushi? They like fish a lot. They also have a bunch of (very similar) noodle dishes like udon, ramen (even though it's chinese), and then there's tonkatsu.
It's like they don't have any food of their own, but rather just do everyone else's recipes but to the japanese's tastes (but again, what is the preferred flavor for japanese?)

muslims/moors ate a lot of shrimp?

Chicken catsu is as good a soul food dish as any burger nigger meal.

>Can japanese cuisine actually compare to other countries?
I've had French, American (3 regions and national fastfood), Chinese (5 regions), Polish, Vietnamese, Korean, Filipino, Thai, Indian, Persian, Greek, Italian, Laotian, and Lebanese food along with Japanese food, both traditional and western-style.
Yes, Japanese food can actually compare. It has its own attributes that make it quite attractive in comparison to other countries' cuisines. It's a type of cuisine that tries to maximize the natural flavors and texture from the ingredients far more than most other cuisines.
Probably because they were historically isolated from the rest of Eurasia, and so, spices and some other stuff were hard to come by for most people until the last century.
It's pretty delectable.

Mochi?

Japanese food is kinda sweet?

It's light and pretty simple. Easy if you're cooking by yourself, and it tastes decent enough. For the average person that should be enough.

I'd say that's more chinese food
Or the version of it we get in the west at least

Yes. Just for the fact they still have an alive tradition of being housewife/househusband full time.

shit tier condensed milk looks like that

Sauce? Google gave me nothing of interest.

INDI-007

>INDI-007
thanks