This series has approached succesfully the topics and subjects that concerns people today...

>This series has approached succesfully the topics and subjects that concerns people today, something that literature could not.

What do you think of this?

but sci fi started in literature and has been doing that since it's conception

I pretty much said that but this guy replied that he was referring mostly to how internet and social media affect peoples life today.

I've read tones of books that have captured that zeitgeist better than black mirror.

He is correct, because people don't read.

Care to name a few?

sci fi predicted the internet and social media before it was even a thing

My diary desu

could you recommend some, I'm interested?

Taepei by Tao Lin
not a great book but then again it's not like Black Mirror is a great show

>they use smart phones so its relevant

It's shiet, watched it all
It has some moments, still not near the pictures and flow of good writing.
May be that i do not share the interest of common topics as much, i guess it reflects the plebs and let's them sort of feel superior, because they think they see past all of it.
The series went well in pickung up easy topics and making them relatable.

Black Mirror just used ideas stolen from literature though. The bit about the girl trapped in a machine forced to be a servant to herself is lifted from The Cookie Monster by Vinge, the Brave New World one is incredibly obvious and I'd wager 90% of the rest of the stories are taken from things I haven't read.

I'd say the show it's actually pretty good (not great, yes)

It comes off as to pretentious for my liking.
But hey, i am gladly an elitist.

There was also this episode with a black guy living in a room that was basically a big fat TV screen, which is clearly taken from Fahrenheit if I recall correctly

I am sure current sci fi is doing the same thing, but I'm not going to be the one to search through it for the good stuff.

Being dismissive is not the same thing as having discerning taste.

Every story borrows from another story in some way or another. You are like people who will call Kanye untalented for sampling their heroes Daft Punk who have built their career on sampling.

The quality varies by episode, but it's generally mediocre

is Fifteen Million Merits the "Brave New World" one?

I'm not discerning because I'm dismissive, I'm dismissive because I'm discerning.

Requiring that art should approach the people of today is vanity.

>YEAH, YEAH
>FUCK YEEEEEAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHA

No requiring that art should approach you personally is vanity

>Every story borrows from another story in some way or another. You are like people who will call Kanye untalented for sampling their heroes Daft Punk who have built their career on sampling.

No, we're people who read the OP before responding to the thread you total moron.

or Dunning–Kruger effect