>Fantastic at everything except math
>Get banished to lower castes of society
>"(anything) is a spook!"

Many such cases

Math is DIRECTLY LINKED to intelligence

Wrong.

>brainlet think he isn't dumb

laughing

If you're smart you cannot be bad at math, you just haven't put in the time to get good at it.

Don't pretend that you understand intelligence

Do you mean following instructions class or do you mean actual math?

Math is one of those things that even the most talented had to work to get good at.

Richard Feynman was practicing calculus when he was like 12, and literally never ever stopped doing it until he died. All his life he was a genius polymath, and all his life he had to work hard to keep his math game up while he breezed by other stuff. He learned Portuguese in like a month. It's the same for literally everyone else under the sun.

The fact that you're "fantastic at everything except math" just menas you're a lazy piece of shit who never made a serious effort to learn higher level mathematics, which is the most difficult discipline and one that gave every single genius through all of history headaches and is currently giving plenty of other people who are probably dumber than you and I lots of headaches.

There's no substitute for hard work, bubber.

The biggest problem is trying to get people to be interested in math. It doesn't have the inherent appeal of other subjects unless you are born with a knack with handling the logic to see the beauty of math.

Curious about this. Specifically, how would you practice math everyday?

you're not bad at math, you're just a gigantic fucking pussy

Start from where you left off. Look at the books on the sci wiki and use khan academy.

How the fuck do you practice math?

>tfw I get my math PhD, $300k job and I'm doing 5-dimensional integrals in my free time when I'm not busy fucking my smoking hot wife

>literally never ever stopped doing it until he died
Because he was a shitsucking physicist, and calculus is 80% of physics

This is lit everyone

I know you're memeing, but in the interests of epistemic charity:
>Purchase an Algebra textbook
>Read the text
>Do the practice problems

When you're done with the Algebra book, get a Precalculus book. When you're done with the Precalc book, get a Calc book. When you're done with that, you can start looking around for weirder shit. You don't have to do the whole book, just make sure you're making progress.

Is this really a good way to learn math for Veeky Forums types? I'd assume that most people here don't really care about computational stuff.

You can do it however you want, I just enjoy math the most when I get to take my time and puzzle out a problem with pencil and paper. Khan academy is a helpful resource too, but I find watching videos is a lot less helpful than actually figuring things out yourself.

It basically comes down to the one truth of the whole thing, and it's that while you can get the full extent of meaning from the humanities and fuzzy sciences by passively absorbing information, you have to make the positive action of taking the time to work through mathematics to get it to really stick in your head. And the brain tends to forget it, if you dont practice your math you lose it. So you have to be constantly working through math problems to learn and maintain math acumen.
People understandably don't like this, since learning English is a matter of reading and Art History is a matter of reading and looking at art, etc etc. Math is the only one that requires you to exert real brain sweat.

This actually makes me feel better

>tfw math major
>tfw published
>tfw going to get accepted to a fantastic graduate school this spring

here i am, perfect in every way, scoffing at you.

No meming, this is how you learn math.

Start with Algebra: Chapter 0 and papa Rudin. This will give you a rigorous introduction to algebra through category theory and calculus, so you can skip all of that brainlet crap. Then you can move on to Topology by Munkres, and then just launch straight into further graduate texts in algebraic geometry and category theory. Then start algebraic number theory.

Only then would I read anything about differential equations.

You're sure to not be retarded if you do this.

as a STEM ubermensch I scoff at your inferiority

Whatever you have published is probably "1984" tier or "Baby's first existentialism" so I'm not impressed.

You have to isolate your difficulties. Math is incredibly sequential. Which steps are you messing up on? Are they just simple calculation errors, or do you misunderstand the concepts? What about these concepts are you not able to understand? Just map it all out very specifically. If you're great at everything except math you probably are just being sloppy with your studying. It's very possible to be fine with math but it requires some attention to detail.

>says he's aspiring scholar
>can't into maths

Oh user.

Humanities. Every fucking time

stirner memeing is just a couple bored kids who want to encourage late capitalist hedonism

>tfw too much of a brainlet to perceive the beauty in math
>tfw most I've had was a feeling of vague satisfaction when I saw a simple mathematical proof and thinking it was neat

found the brainlets