Just work harder™ user

>just work harderâ„¢ user
>you can't do 5 classes and extracurriculars in one semester? you're doing it wrong user
>look user I don't sleep well, only 2 hours per night because I have to work harderâ„¢

What the fuck is wrong with these people? They're fucking common in universities, just look at ivies, MIT.

Is even possible to be productive in these situations?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UwrIZK_YpCw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who cares just be glad you arent going to die someday ohwait.

You're just a brainlet.

I took 7 upper-level classes last semester and still managed to have a social life and do research.

Classes are honestly not difficult if you're good at what you're studying.

t. Humanity scum

>and do research
Like Goole Search?

Humanities don't count

Community college don't count

Sleep is for slackers, friends are for losers

You're weak. In my country it's perfect normal take to 5 to 7 classes per semester and do extracurriculars ativities, like internships and research. Also our classes's workload are much large than yours.

t. Humanities scum

Liberal Arts don't count

Gender Studies & Ethnic Studies don't count

They lie.
>take 2 hard classes and 3 piss easy ones
>hehe I'm such a hard working nerd
>don't even show up to the easy ones

pure math dont count

Meanwhile in most of the best CS courses in Poland most students take 7-8 classes per semester while working part-time 20h+

there is a bit of truth to this, but only in that one should distribute what one considers to be "easy" classes with harder ones as evenly as possible, to allow for that exact situation, where you dont need to go to the easy ones so you can focus on the harder ones.

much better than a full semester of easys (so fucking boring) or a full semester of hards (constant work). e

>take a brutal overloads four semesters in a row (ECE/Math double major)
>gave up vidya
>grind As Long As It Takes (TM) to get my assignments and projects done
>spend time working not only on assignments but also working on my time management / study methods to become more efficient

>listen to people making excuses and bitching about the professor when they don't even turn in assignments
>listen to people complaining about how hard they work and they don't get any sleep
>listen to people complain that they just don't have any talent for this
>listen to piggots complain that affirmative action fucked them out of their jobs and grad schools
youtube.com/watch?v=UwrIZK_YpCw

Fuck you op

damn, erwin looks nice with stubble.

maybe you wouldn't be so bitter if you complained a bit from time to time

The type of people who get into ivies are the same type of people who are very likely to exaggerate their work ethic and accomplishments.

>quietly grind hard
>get into an ivy
>quietly grind hard
>graduate summa
>grindlets tell me i exaggerate while they complain loudly

>be you
>be a whiny little bitch
>struggle

>be them
>don't be a whiny little bitch
>succeed

After working 60+ hours a week at shit jobs I'd give my left nut to be sitting on my butt doing homework. College sucks but working sucks way more. Especially since I'm nowhere near retarded like you op XD

i do that basically. self-discipline is really great.

>spend time working not only on assignments but also working on my time management / study methods to become more efficient
>i do that basically. self-discipline is really great.
What did you do to develop yourselves? I've tried things like Pomodoro and keeping track of what I do and for how long but I haven't seen any improvement. Do I simply have to keep grinding till the end of days?

Then why don't you go to school? Anyone can attend university, right? Surely it doesn't cost anything?

In America you sign yourself to debt basically. So it's worth most of your money.

point proven

>taking more than 2 classes
>working

seriously?

>anyone who works harder than me is exaggerating

Am wrong in saying people are lying when they say they sleep less than 8 hours?I honestly just can't think straight without enough sleep

The studying methodology is the most important factor.

Sleep is required to build long term memory

Dunno, I sleep 7 hours usually and I am fine.

Five classes isn't really a lot, user. At my school the minimum for being considered a full time student is four.

8 hours is the amount you're supposed to sleep but few people really do that much.

I feel sorry for those people, I'm not talking about ambition, I'm talking about people patting themselves on their back and then openly brag about their dedication, commitment, work and discipline. Mind you, those are amazing qualities, but when a person masks their "complaining" as a way to jerk off their ego and then has the audacity to ask me what I can or cannot do. The worst kind of gloating is the self-induced one, the worst kind of horse is a high horse they look down upon.

Someone might get the impression that I hate those people, but I just feel bad for them because I ask myself what kind of a sick and fucked up compensation issue would I have to have in order to act this way...

Whoosh, you missed the point. Ivy league? More like complete fucking idiot, lmao

More whining from an ivy leaguer... what a surprise.

By the way I'm not saying you haven't accomplished great things, I'm sure you have. I'm just saying that you probably make sure to tell everyone about every little thing you've done, and spend an inordinate amount of time whining compared to the average person, as you are doing in this thread.

I don't know why, but it seems to come as a packaged bundle with the Type-A, stamp collector kids who get into Ivy League schools.

The ivy envy is palpable.

You are a crab faggot with a bigger ego than any of those people. And twice as much an asshole while being worth half as much. Whether or not theyre compensating... YOU should be.

nah its good i go to MIT

Do americans only take 5 classes per semester? I have around 10 anual classes every year. (Mech eng), plus elective classes. (to get the degree you have a total of 64 classes)

I forgot to say that I don't work, obviously. And that university is free here.

What's with MIT students and mental illnesses and personality disorders?

ITT: Anons trying their best to inflate their pride by convincing others that they're too prideful.

samefagging

Not true. I've only posted ...739 and that's it. But I think you just proved my point about mental illness.

>full of sjws students and professors everywhere
>calling anybody mental illness
Ivy Leauges should be shoot up

Engineering doesn't count

Is taking 5 classes in murica considered to be a lot? How? I have 8 classes at my first uni, and 4 at the second one (I study at two schools at once), and it's still pretty manageable.

If you can do over 5 courses per semester and still work, do research or do a lot of extracullicular activities as some are implying, the courses you follow are a joke, unless you legitimately put in 20 hours of work on weekends consistently. Can't really be jealous of the latter case desu.
Over here you're expected to put in 8 hours of work each week for a course, which makes for a balanced 40hs a week.

This meme is stale and retarded. Engineering is THE hardest major to take if you actually want to sleep or have a social life.

>you missed the point
actually i cut straight to the heart of the matter

>all that projection

How is it that Euros always assert that they are way harder working and way smarter than Americans yet they contribute a fraction of the scientific accomplishments

>few people really do that much.
lol?

I'm tired as fuck as if I don't get 9-10 hours a night

not really. it's not like you have to take more credits than any other major. the hardest is actually medicine, engineering doesn't even scratch it.

is this bait? ive never even heard of any US scientific accomplishments

>never heard of the Michelson-Morley experiment
>never heard of the Manhattan Project
>never heard of the Standard Model
>never heard of the double-helix model of DNA
>never heard of modern medicine

I can go on and on about you being a total brainlet. But I won't. That would be beneath me.

Shit, I meant to respond to .

Medicine is harder in terms of time required. You will literally have no lyfe lmao

I did 6 classes one semester and played on the hockey team. Still managed to get all A's.

>medicine harder than engineering

pls tell me this is a sweet little lie Veeky Forums
t. pre-med brainlet

its a punishing lifestyle, the work isnt all that intellectually difficult though

People lie, all the time, about everything. They especially lie about how easy going and seemingly laid back their lives are.

This. Medicine is about suffering but aside from that it's just regurgitation

University of mass. Actually determined that 8.5 hours to 9.333 is the amount you need.
Anyone can function while sleep deprived, no one is arguing that, but you will ALWAYS be better off having no sleep deprivation.

>engineering
>hard

only for math babbies, medicine you need to remember alot of information

What about medical research? Do I even need to go through Med School to get into a decent research lab in, say, genetics or molecular biology?

No you just need background in Biomedicine/Biochemistry

Burgers have most nobel laureates for reason.

literally every single engineering class is regurgitation. do you think undergrad students are expected to rediscover mathematics and signal analysis?

Flash Cards: The Degree

Engineering is harder. Especially the hot engineering disciplines with lots of weed out courses such as Petroleum and Electrical.