Do you ever stop to think really hard and realize that the universe is your will?

Do you ever stop to think really hard and realize that the universe is your will?

yeah

That's interesting.

What good is that to me?

>'Man can do what he wills, but he cannot will what he wills'

Fuck you Soapandshower, you're ZERO help.

Philosophy isn't for everyone it seems.

>the universe is your will?
Bruh, maybe you should stop think about how small and insignificant you are?

Isn't it more like I am the universe's will?

No, the universe doesn't give a shit about you. You are only at the will of its laws of physics which exist with or without you.

>implying the laws of physics are not merely the lawful manifestations of the one, eternal blind, restless striving that grounds them

Has anyone ever tried to read Schopenhauer while changing all instances of Will to Willy

You're just as much the universe as the laws that govern it. Everything is the universe

>He thinks there's a difference

>with or without you
>with or without you

No, you guys are stuck thinking from such a self-centered anthropocentric point of view. The universe doesn't give a shit about you. You aren't the universe. You're insignificant, and that's okay, but your seeking for some higher purpose is going to be eternally fruitless and unfulfilling in the end because it just isn't so.

I'm significant.

>people will never realize that wanting to bust a nut is no reason for perpetuating human misery

No, no you're not and it's perfectly okay. There's nothing in it for you. The universe is completely indifferent t our existence. Humankind will completely disappear and the universe will go on.

Get over it, suffering is part of life. Every living thing suffers in one way or another. To want, to enjoy, to desire, to lust, to love, to live is all suffering. Without suffering how would discern what it means to be happy or to enjoy?

I wouldn't have to dummy

>doesn't know the Anthropic Principle
>vastly unvalues life (let alone sentient life) in the universe

You misunderstand the anthropic principle, it seems.

>No, you guys are stuck thinking from such a self-centered anthropocentric point of view bla bla

No, my friend. You are posting in a Schopenhauer thread without having the slighest idea of e.g his notion of Will, which makes you look like a dumbass

>Universe is my will.
My will might be my universe but not the other way around