Chipotle says ‘most’ of its restaurants were infected with credit card stealing malware

>Chipotle Mexican Grill today announced that it has identified the malware that was responsible for the credit card hack earlier this year.
>Alongside the news, it also released a new tool to help customers check whether the restaurant they visited was involved.
>When pressed by The Verge, Chipotle did not disclose the exact numbers of restaurants affected, but said “most” locations nationwide may have been involved.
theverge.com/2017/5/26/15701776/chipotle-restaurants-hacked-credit-card-malware

>exe.coli
I liked that.

>eating meme foods

you get what you pay for

Chicken burrito
White rice
Black beans
Pico
Red hot
Lettuce
Cheese
and can you mix it up, please. Thanks

unless you are so dumb you use a debit card this is a non-issue. The bank is on the hook, this is for their risk department to sort out, not card holders

How is the bank at fault

They deal with any fraud that may arise from this

Things just haven't gone right ever since they left McDonald's.

except credit card holders have to spot the fraud within 30 days of the bill arriving.

>unless you are so dumb you use a debit card this is a non-issue

I'm a software engineer that has written code for numerous banks as well as numerous payment processing gateways for places like Logan's, Outback, etc....

It has been 6 years since I have used a debit/credit card. You would not believe how easy the shit is to hack

>You would not believe how easy the shit is to hack

Well considering how the IT industry never focused on security from the start, I believe you.

I shouldn't have said "hack"...there is literally no hacking you have to do.

Most of these places send all the credit/debit card info, even in 2017, via plaintext across the network.

If you have Wireshark and have the mental capacity to google "arp attack" and follow directions, you can just login to wifi at almost any restaurant and collect credit card info

Wifi? Don't they segment their wired and wireless network there?

I liked it.

Heheheh, 90% of places haven't. Most are legacy network systems put into place 2003-2010

Shit, my local restaurant is on the list and I went there twice during the timeframe.

SEE

This is why I tell these damn kids to get into security, the industry has dug a hole for itself so deep you'll always have work.

Holy shit mang I didn't even know Wireshark made an aircapture device. YOINK

>bought them on the e.coli dip thinking it couldn't get any worse

Just end my life phams

>credit card
Irrelevant
>debit card
Your fault for having no common sense, or maybe you just have fucked up credit in which case use cash

just shut down chipotles already. what a failure.

>holding bags