Give me your best carbonara reciple right FUCKING now

give me your best carbonara reciple right FUCKING now

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3AAdKl1UYZs
youtube.com/watch?v=yAEVZcRaTzE
youtube.com/watch?v=K-PKO2FrdPY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's not as if there's a million ways to make it, just that it's easy for people to fuck it up. Is that what you're asking, how not to fuck it up?

m-maybe

turn the heat off when you add the egg so you don't scramble them
don't forget to add pasta water
use good cheese
pls no cream

can i use ham or regular bacon cuz i dont have good pancetta or other italian meat in the shtity super market next to me

its seriously not hard at all, if you can't cook carbonara gas yourself and go back to /soc/

oh and also, i have only parmigianno, will it work instead of pecorino

doesn't matter that much but thicker is better because it'll be closer to pancetta

the flavor of the cheeses will be different but it'll still be tasty as long as you're using decent cheese.

same poster as before, use bacon because it's cured closer to pancetta than ham is and it's from the same part of the pig. Ham is from the leg and will cook differently

The cheese and the meat are the stars of your dish

Dont listen to this nerd OP, the important part of the carbonara are the eggs.
If you dont fuck this up, you'd be fine

Cool. So it's basically about stages. IN A SEPARATE LARGE BOWL AHEAD OF TIME combine egg parmesan parsley flakes and just a splash of cold water. Don't whisk. Boil pasta but don't throw out water or at least save some. Let pasta cool just a little bit. Do your pancetta/bacon, onion, garlic, red pepper flake in pan. Whisk egg mixture then fold in everything else and toss with tongs. Add warm leftover pasta water and keep tossing to achieve desired creaminess. If you do it this way you won't scramble the eggs, which is the most important part, as everyone else here is going to tell you.

Also don't use ham.

I don't care what any of you fuckers say, it's AWESOME to put CREAM in carbonara.....kys if you disagree

Please ignore the cancerous mole on this man's wrist.
youtube.com/watch?v=3AAdKl1UYZs

wait, i thought onion is a must in the carbonara

>easy to fuck up
If you're a schmuck
The best way to improve your carbonara is to get the process for making the sauce down pat, then start using better ingredients.
Play around with different cheeses and stuff, use nice fresh herbs, fresh ground pepper, fresh eggs (duck egg yolk is expensive but makes a really nice sauce btw) and different fatty cured pork cuts

Literally never.

Do you say "dont use cream" because it tastes bad or because its not traditional?

If you've tried making it and think it would benefit from using cream then go ahead and try adding some. I think cream ruins it since it just dilutes the taste.

imho you can put in whatever you like, but carbonara is already pretty heavy by itself and you can easily get a creamy consistence without adding any cream, so to me it looks unecessary. also, to me it seems that the flavour gets weakened instead of improved. basically no good improvement comes from cream

youtube.com/watch?v=yAEVZcRaTzE

this is the carbonara recipe i use, sadly the video is in italian but if you like the final result i will translate it to you
getting the historical ingredients of good quality outside of italy might prove difficult so you will probably have to adjust to your stuff, but it should work anyway

Bacon is fine as a substitute.

Bruh I used cheddar before and it was still bloody delicious, you'll be fine as long as you don't fuck up the eggs.

can i just use some normal cheese, fuck paying for overpriced parmesan

I like how they speak

as for everything, the lower the quality of ingredients the lower will be the results
you can use discount pasta, cheap bacon and whatever but it will show up in the end; if you have low budget go for it tho.

i dont mean using some Kraft slices tier trash cheese, something like gauda maybe, but parmigianno is retardedly expensive in my country for some reason(100 grams cost the same as 1 kilo of regular cheese)

im from italy and it's expensive even here so i get your point
dunno about gauda, looks like swiss cheese? whatever you can find with a similar taste to parmigiano should be ok
official recipe calls for pecorino but even more expensive, also makes the dishes overall too salty imho

Based Carluccio

Here's my recipe:
>a handful of dried spaghetti not sure how much
>3 slices of bacon since lmao i can't find guanciaoasioli
>grate parmesan until i get bored of grating it
>two eggs
>fuckload of pepper

Follow this recipe exactly and you can't go wrong. It also makes a fuckton, so skip a meal before making it.

unironically this is how professional work. do this and you will get a professional result, maybe even better

As a vegan, can I use marmite and carrots as a substitute for ham?

The only one I know is the simple one we make at home.
>half a kilo of spaghetti
>200 grams of bacon
>2 eggs
>half a small package of cream, bout 100 grams I think
>Graviera cheese, bout 1,5 handfulls. Parmesan is good but can't fucking beat graviera for me.

Boil them al dente, take the water out, simmer the bacon with a pan slightly, mix both together, keep the leftover heat and keep mixing cheese and cream, add the eggs last while mixing.

Its basically poor mans carbonara but who cares, I love it.

rate my carbonara

>tfw fucked up and ended up with kind of scrambled eggs with bacon and spaghetti
It didnt taste bad, but its not what i wanted.

>
>>

>"no"

4/10

7.6/10

Your sauce is weak

literally just
>boil noodles
>pan fry guanciale
>add al dente noodles to guanciale
>low heat
>stir to slightly cool
>add egg(s) + pecorino
>stir
>black pepper, maybe red pepper if you want it
Easiest fucking Italian recipe in existence.

There is only one trick to amazing carbonara:

Making sure your noddles and meat cool enough before you add the eggs an cheese, else your eggs will scramble up. This is how you achieve a thick sauce without cream.

Apart from that, it's all about freshness and simplicity of ingredients.

Just make it with mayo. Saves a lot of time and is tasty desu senpai and baka at you fake chefs

youtube.com/watch?v=K-PKO2FrdPY

everytime