Thomas Pynchon's pictures Thread

Thomas Pynchon's pictures Thread

lol

Rare

lmao this is sweet but I love that he makes up an excuse to send the books to his agent so he doesn't have to disclose a personal mailing address

Yey, it was ... Unexpectantly heartwarming.
Thomy was that crazy.

Where are you getting these letters from, sir?

>Thomy was that crazy.
Is it crazy? Seems smart he had the foresight, to me. I mean his address would've been posted on a public anime board if he had.

>cross in signature
Pynchy confirmed still a Catholic?

Has anyone actually found the "cameo"

supposedly appears in TV, in the film

a TV screen that is angled so that you can't see the actual screen, but the character sees it.

Brolin said he was on set no one knew it was him and he just stayed in the corner. I don't know could just all be bs

>Homer is my role model
wev

>changes are subtle
>but improve it a lot
I like "i'll have to get" part so much

hey, men, what is that?

Pinecone is so fucking autistic that it pisses me off tbqhwyffaa.

Why does he look like a literal retard?

from a source i know, yes

t. he goes to church in ny

he probably busted his face in a particularly incomparable prank involving a catapult, several tins of cat food, a tricycle, a xylophone, and three pigs

Does anyone have a wallpaper of this adorable guy?

it's obvioulsy the man outside

>t. he goes to church in ny
Holy shit is that unexpected

Lol

Imagine Pynchon being your mentor

Pynchon, if youre reading this... I know youre out there somewhere... please be my mentor

Anyone hear anything of what he thought of the flick? Anyone here see it?

Yow! Is he outside or is that a reflection of who they're looking at?

He is all of our mentors. He has published books by which we can know him.

Nah.

his script page of the simpson

Truly the wackiest man alive

>alive
No

Congrats, you win the thread.

>Anyone here see it?
Yes, and if you liked the book you'll probably enjoy it. It's very faithful to the book, almost to a fault. I think the themes of that story just aren't particularly compatible with cinematic storytelling.

>He is all of our mentors. He has published books by which we can know him.
Yeah but I actually want to feel his hand on my shoulder, and say "thats a good sentence lad...wait...wait...the only way I can imagine it being improved is if....have you considered.. pulling my finger"

i think PTA dropped the ball by not doing the pcp trip, it would've been a great scene

This.

Guy has more sense than any author who steps into the limelight.

Being elusive makes you interesting - if you have your face on the cover of a magazine every day it gets to the point where literally nobody cares because all your dirty laundry's already been aired all over the glossies.

Tell me more

it's a kiss

no, that guy is way too young and thicc

This isn't true. His friend (can't remember the name, the guy who wrote Down So Long it Looks Like Up or whatever) said he wasn't and has never been religious

There are some mentions of his having been catholic-curious in his youth, but also that he clearly split with the family practice later on

I have never heard this before user, do you remember where you read this?

>The Frying of Latke 49

I thought it was very well-done but it sort of dragged in the way you'd expect a faithful Pynchon film adaptation to drag

Wow, hadn't heard of that before. I wonder if Michael made it.

That's awesome

Isn't Pynchon from an old Northeast family? They tend to run protestant outside of Boston.

his family are catholic

Michael died the day before the books arrived. His mom laughed and sold them on eBay.

Wouldn't people on the Mayflower be radical protestants

his family are catholic

Have you READ Gravity's Rainbow?

Fuckin plebs these days, I swear.