My father is an elite reader, Everytime I go see him...

My father is an elite reader, Everytime I go see him, I just gaze upon that enormous collection of books he has on his big-ass shelfs (like 500 books.)
He recommended me to read Franz Kafka's The Metamorphosis and The Trial. What do you think of his work?

It's great, read it.

i think its amazing and you should definitely read him

Wow, you guys were so fast.
I'm all hyped-up now.

it sucks, don't read it

/thread

I agree, IT sucks.

Is there any other works of Kafka's that any of you would recommend? I don't usually post in Veeky Forums, but goddamn for the past 3 years I've fallen in love with reading.

Kakfa is literally babby-tier

The Great Wall of China is better than any of his novellas

The Castle
Amerika
In the Penal Colony

All his short stories and the Castle.also try America if you don't like the Trial. You might as well read everything, he didn't write much.

his books are not that exciting, but, in my humble opinion, Kafka's style is as close to perfect as anyone has come.

TGWOC is great, but The Village Schoolmaster is better.

>The Village Schoolmaster
You mean the one which is an anallitical, intesive view on a senile man that tried to investigate a new kind of mole that didn't exist?

>that didn't exist
Did you even read the pamphlet bro?

A LOT of time ago. I remember feeling the last confrontation between the investigator and the young visitor about the defense on his case and the impossibility of his work getting made. Don't have much details, but, is it?

is no one going to mention that fucking hair

I would definitely start with the Metamorphosis. It's about a 2 hour read, but the language and absurdity of it all is interesting. When you know about Kafka, you feel more sympathetic toward the main character. good read. Recommend.

Castle is solid, sadly drops off at the end though because he died before finishing it.

He had to make up for being a manlet. And almost 100 years later, they still have not learned.

underrated

This has to be a bait thread. 500 books is nothing. I have just over 500 and I'm ashamed of how few that is.