Let's get a horror stories thread of dining with family members/friends, I'll start:

Let's get a horror stories thread of dining with family members/friends, I'll start:

>Inlaws insist on going to fancy steakhouse, where I happen to know the owner and head chef, for my wife's Birthday
>I suggest that it's a terrible idea based off of previous dining experiences
>FIL orders NY Strip, "Extra well done"
>5 minutes after order is placed, asks for a manager to complain about how long the food is taking
>MIL orders Prime cut of Prime Rib rare
>Food comes out
>FIL complains his steak is burnt, dry and leathery and asks for ketchup AND mayo
>MIL complains her steak isn't cooked enough and sends it back twice
>Both eventually throw a loud and obnoxious fit and want a full refund, free replacement order, and to be able to keep their original order and put it in a to-go box (they are not Black...though it seems like it, but the whitest of white people you will ever meet)

I handed $460 to the waitress and walked out, got a hotel, and didn't talk to my wife for 3 days. Made it clear I would never go to a public or private gathering with them ever again. It's been 3 years and I haven't attended a single xmas or thanksgiving.....was a terrible night but worked out well in the long run I suppose;...owner still gives me shit when I come in for drinks

Lame bait
Same bullshit posted all the time
Get a life OP

So...they're horrible people.

I have an inlaw one as well.

>In Macau meeting inlaws for lunch
>@senado square eating at a kinda old restaurant
>Let them do the ordering
>father in-law doesn't care for me because I was born and raised in the US
>order a bunch of offal and stuff, trying to gross me out
>I'm still Chinese you dumb fuck
>Eat without a care
>father in-law getting annoyed his plan to humiliate me isn't working
>ask for the check, father inlaw snatches it from my hand
>"No, I'll pay" I say and snatch the check back
>"Okay" he says with a smile
>Fucking got played. Fine. Whatever.
>The rest of the night dragged on, we walked around the square eating things, it's turned into a contest between son in law and father in law
>Neither of us are really giving any ground
>Decide to go for the nuclear option
>LETS GET ICE CREAM
>I know for a fact that both of us are lactose intolerant
>Get two triple scoop cones for the both of us, my wife and my mother in law are now just two distorted shadows in the background
>We dig in hard and eat everything
>I can hear him burping as I'm hailing them a cab
>There's a slow rumble in my gut as we get into our cab
>Wife is laughing at our stupidity.
>Some time later that night I crack one off in bed and then my pajamas feel wet
>Oh shit
>Open my mouth to say something and projectile vomit
>poop vomit trail all the way to the bathroom
>fucking hell
>puke and shit my guts out until 3am

Never eating dinner with that asshole again.

I've only posted this 2 other times, once about 6 months ago and the other time literally over 2 years ago....both time, the threads went to 200-300 posts with pretty good stories

This isn't so much a restaurant story as an in-laws food story, since this thread is going that way.
>First holiday after we get engaged
>Our parents have never met, so my parents extend an invitation to our holiday celebration to my future in-laws
>my FIL is a vegetarian (the only one in the family, so it's not really a big deal, and he's really laid back about it anyway)
>tell my mom he's vegetarian, she's cool with it and plans a bunch of extra vegetable and grain based dishes so he'll have plenty to eat
>We let my in laws know that, so they won't worry about the food
>On the day, my in-laws follow us in their car to my parents house
>we all get out, my parents come out, introductions all around
>then, my MIL suddenly whips a plastic plate out of their trunk covered in WHITE BREAD PIMENTO CHEESE SANDWICHES and says "Here, I brought these so (FIL) will have something to eat."
>The look of insult and horror on my mom's face and my spouse's face should have been captured on film for posterity.
>FIL eats everything mom made except the shit tier sandwiches his wife brought
>MIL barely touches any food and acts like everything is shit (she was a huge drama queen, we should have known better, but they had to meet eventually)

My MIL is dead now, so I feel a little bad giving a dead woman shit, but goddamn, she made every gathering hell, I won't even go into the shenanigans she pulled during our wedding. My parents refused to ever speak to her again after that, and they never did. Even when she passed away, they sent a lovely card to my spouse, but that was it.

>be me, aged 16
>only child, aunt and uncle are childless
>mom and grandmom are uncharacteristically making fun of me for being fat
>shrug it off, tell them both when i have kids i'll never let either of them see them
>walk out and become dehydrated as i wander back home

You played that wrong.
After you got the ice cream you should have stopped eating after only a bit, leaving him to be miserable all night.

Wedding story purisu senpai

ITT, people think $500 is a lot of money.

jesus fucking christ op get over yourself. so they embarrassed you at a restaurant? who cares, they're family.

why would you care more about what some waitress thinks of you than your in laws?

I have to imagine him and his father in law were staring each other down to make sure the other finished.

Wow, fatty baby boy sure told them. What a sensitive flower child.

Believe it or not, people get to choose their family. Not every family member is worth your time, especially if you are harmed by being in their presence. Fuck being forced to deal with horrible people, just because you married their daughter.

>tell them both when i have kids i'll never let either of them see them

And they both breathed a sigh of relief and said, "thank god for that bit of mercy."

>even someone autistic as this can get married and live a fullfilling life

I'm happy for you, bless your heart

>>Both eventually throw a loud and obnoxious fit and want a full refund, free replacement order, and to be able to keep their original order and put it in a to-go box (they are not Black...though it seems like it, but the whitest of white people you will ever meet)

White people are a genetic mistake.

My brother gets all pissy and upset anytime a steakhouse doesn't have A1™ Steak sauce.

Next time you want to pull a stunt like that, take some of this first.

What kind of pathetic pushover are you, that you'd willingly repeatedly to go a restaurant with people who yell, scream, fight and cause a scene at restaurants?

I have a story about when I first met my girlfriend's family in Colombia (I'm from Europe).

>Family decides to take me out to their country house, a few hours outside of Bogota.
>Arrive, and girls run inside the house, dad beckons me over to the car boot (I couldn't speak Spanish at this point, and he knows English but refuses to use it with me).
>Opens boot, machete is inside. Stares at me.
>At this point I start to physically sweat, given we are literally in the bumfuck of nowhere in some jungle and this man has clearly shown he dislikes me frequently.
>Motions for me to cut the long grass in the garden, as he decides to do all the cooking.
>I'm limp wristedly cutting this grass, almost taking my ankle off with the machete, as he cooks outside and keeps laughing at me.
>We all eat the overcooked food in silence.

nigga please, even for rich people 500$ is a lot of money for a bad dining experience

>not even getting physical in the classic Chinese restaurant bill fight
Yep, your father-in-law loathes you.

The fuck? Are there really people that can't eat ice cream? Modern ice cream has so little milk products, its mostly vegetable fat, coloring and sugar.

I really wish I had $500 rn

What's with the people on this board that have a vision in their head of a world where they are the only one who doesn't constantly eat the lowest grade mass produced food product? Get over yourself

They obviously went out for real ice cream, not the garbage they serve at McDonald's or whatever other shithole you're used to dining at.

Varying levels of lactose intolerance buddy

Same with alcohol

Fuck off dude

Wow you're honestly such a piece of shit loser I just had to comment. So what if they're plebs? What kind of filth shits on his own family like that?

kys faggot

I wonder where this idea comes from that you need to respect your family, even if they're literal human garbage.

People are just people; if they're genuinely bad (OP's in-laws), they don't deserve my respect, and certainly not my time. They aren't worth a NEET's time, nevermind anyone else's.

If you're going to be this bad at bait, could you go back to /v/?

B-But all Americans eat nothing but Kraft singles and Velveeta, right?! Everyone knows that!!!

You shoulf probably stop buying the cheapest shit you can find and actually try eating real food.

I abandoned my whole family because they were fucking dirty, they smoked in my house and I just don't give a fuck. It's worth leaving some people.

>cook for family
>family friend wants her steak well done + an additional 5 minutes.