I find myself basically having 3 go-to shrimp dishes and would like to expand me repertoire

I find myself basically having 3 go-to shrimp dishes and would like to expand me repertoire.
Currently they are
>pasta and shrimp with lemon butter sauce
>pasta with shrimp and homemade white sauce
>shrimp with asian stir-fry (usually soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil, and sometimes honey) and rice

What are you best shrimp dishes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QGAJokcwBXI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Edit:
Thought of a 4th dish I occasionally do
>shrimp burrito with guacamole and a mayo, sour cream, and lime juice aioli

Tom yum goong, a spicy hot Thai shrimp soup that's easy to make yet packed with flavor.

try cajun garlic shrimp, it's some good shit

Cajun shrimp etouffee
Jambalaya
Paella

Make soup with Coconut milk
-Green curry
-garlic & ginger
-fish sauce
-lemon grass
-limes

simmer

chuck in:
-sugar snaps
-bok choy
-shrimp
-noodles

shrinp tenpura

Shrimp sambal is mainly a bunch of shallots and chilli paste fried off, with garlic, tamarind juice, belachan, ginger or galangal, sugar and salt, but it's not the end of the world if you don't have all that stuff. Eat it with coconut rice, roasted peanuts, cucumber and a boiled egg, and that combination with the spicy shrimp is amazing.

Scampi (could be paired with baby reds) and this (paired with Spanish rice and refried beans)

Mariscos Mojo de Ajo
Choice of shrimp or scallops sautéed in a light tomato sauce with mushrooms and onions in butter, crushed red peppers and fresh garlic. Slightly spicy. Gluten free.

pic related: shrimp etoufee

shrimp provençale

Frogmore Stew. Simplest shit in the world to prepare, can feed a ton of people and is always tasty.

Also, classic shrimp and grits (get those over-spiced 'pan-southern' or fusion variants drowning in excessive tomato or cream sauces the fuck out of my face).

>shrimp
>grits
It's like a blank canvass.

Oh shit, you lowcountry?
t.HHI

I make a pretty alright gumbo, and some better than passable Thai curries.

My best shrimp dish is a Thai-Italian fusion thing that can be nudged either direction with some ingredient/amount alterations depending on how you prefer it.

It's basically tagliatelle and shrimp with Ouzo/Sambuca rosé and thai basil.
>start off some finely diced onion in oil/butter, when suitably sauteed, add minced garlic
>add uncooked, peeled, veined shrimp
>add ouzo/sambuca, apply usual flambé nonsense if required
>a bit of passata, some cream/coconut milk, lots of coarsely chopped thai/cinnamon basil, salt, pepper, hot pepper as desired

Easily made full Thai, easily made full Italian, easily made in general, and great with gin and tonics - especially with some blood orange and thai basil muddled in.

youtube.com/watch?v=QGAJokcwBXI

This has been my go to shrimp dish since I tried it out.

I make a few changes when I make this, add cayenne in addition to the chili and curry powder noted in the recipe (and add more of the chili/curry to taste) and do a splash of cream instead of all that milk

... shit, I forgot shrimp and leek bao(zi). They're a bit too complicated/time consuming to make just for myself though.

shrimp and leeks are great together.

About 50% Low County -- originally from the Pee Dee/Grand Strand, but family moved to James Island when I was young.

Just made homemade shrimp and pork wontons for the first time tonight using this recipe (www.recipetineats.com/wonton-soup/)

The filling was super easy to make, and I found the wrappers easily enough at my local grocery store.

It's a little slow filling the wrappers, since they only take about a teaspoon of filling, but I made at least 40-50 with probably less than $5-6 worth of ingredients.

I tried to make a few fancy shapes, including the classic 'money bag' shape.
But, the easiest was pic related. None busted open, which made me happy for a first-time wonton maker.

Also, the flavor was really authentic. The recipe I chose was a little heavy on the ginger, but it tastes like restaurant wontons.

The why they hell are you calling it Frogmore Stew instead of a "Low Country Boil". Frogmore stew is the Georgian name.

t. Augustafag

You pretty much got it. I don't know of anything else that's easy to throw together and doesn't require a few unconventional ingredients.

Coconut or tempura shrimp is always good, but I know a lot of people would never consider deep frying a "go to" even though it's not that hard or messy.

Question: are you buying the shrimp pre cooked?

Shrimp a la diabla

Not always true. Probably more than half the people I know in Charleston call it Frogmore Stew. Also, growing up we always called it Frogmore stew. I vaguely remember "low country boil" being used more in Myrtle Beach.

Hmmm. Interesting. This place is so completely infested with yankee transplants that it is getting hard to find people that still call it frogmore stew.

Dagblasted yankees, goldurnit!

Bingo -- it's old news for SC since they've come in waves for the past 100 years or so. Can't blame 'em. Not a lot of openings for skilled labor careers in the north when every industry packs ups and moves south for better tax/labor laws.

At least they contribute something and most are happy to try and adapt to their romanticized version of southern life instead of constantly bitching and trying to kill it outright. Plus, Hilton Head works nicely as a containment zone for the worst kind of carpetbaggers.

And to keep this on topic, don't forget about fried shrimp. Look up recipes for 'Calabash fried shrimp'.