How old were you when you grew out of reading fiction?

How old were you when you grew out of reading fiction?

115, God willing.

Fiction is a lie that tells the truth, user.

Never had the chance, I was a patrician at birth.

What is reality anyway?

That question really makes me think

15 tbqhwyf

Perhaps it would be useful to write a hypothetical scenario in which imaginary people discuss various schools of thought on the subject.

Is thinking reality or fiction? Physical objects seem to be real, but can thoughts be real if they only exist due to brain activity?
You need to question this.

Really fires up the cerebral cortex.

mass suicide cult when come on pussses

12 or 13. I realized nonfiction was way more interesting than the teenage and pre-teen fiction they shoveled down our throats. I didn't start reading fiction again until maybe 18 or 19

Well, I died a couple years ago, but I haven't grown out of it yet.

>Making me read that

How old were you when you grew out of drinking alcohol?
How old were you when you grew out of taking drugs?
Fiction is escapism in its purest form, why would you ever want to grow out of that?

Not op, maybe I have done it all of that. Although I only did it after reading a shit ton of fiction, but as in the past I would read maybe over 30 to 40 books a year, now it usually doesn't go over 5 books

I've slowed down the rate at which I read, partially due to running out of things that catch my attention, partially due to sheer laziness and lethargy. I'm picking it back up this year though, trying new literature, and it feels really good to be reading again.

Thinking is obviously reality since it occurs.

Any decent patrician will grow out of reading fiction, then grow out of that too.

Human imagination is a real feature of reality, the effects of it are all around us. Reading fiction is a study of this.

I know the feeling. I read a lot, but there are types of stories I did grow out of- detective novels, and high fantasy, in particular (unless it's very tongue-in-cheek). I consider this a more of a raising of standards, though. I guess simply through the act of realizing that there is a quality you can demand.

Fiction started being far less interesting to me when I entered my mid-twenties.

I understand its value (allegory, speculation, and yes, entertainment) , but I just personally care less these days.

>>Fiction started being far less interesting to me when I entered my mid-twenties.

This.

Does it?

Give it a few years and you'll be reading fiction again.

infinite jest is fiction, crime and punishment is excellent fiction, master and margarita is most assuredly some kind of fantastical fiction. all fairly timeless.

If it didn't than there would be litterally nothing