So I've been doing some research on this whole "gluten free" fad that has popped up in recent years and honestly it...

So I've been doing some research on this whole "gluten free" fad that has popped up in recent years and honestly it seems to make a lot of sense. For the unaware, the idea is that while there is a segment of the population that does in fact react poorly to gluten-based foods (fuck these people. they need to just die so their shit genetics dont spread. this thread isnt about them), the evidence also suggests that gluten-based products have a negative effect on normies too. while it may not be as pronounced as someone with celiacs, it can cause systemic inflammation and raise inflammatory factors within the body. it's kind of the same logic as taking ibuprofen even when you aren't in pain (studies have shown this is healthy thing to do). It's just good to reduce inflammation.

Might try a reduced gluten diet in the future.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3705319/
livescience.com/58199-gluten-free-diet-wont-help-you-avoid-diabetes.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>refined grains fuck your shit up

who would have thought?

Whole grains are perfectly healthy for the vast majority. If you have one of those gluten conditions sure don't eat your oatmeal but for the rest of us, gimme more and put some berries in.

It's the refined and processed grains you should avoid (which are still better than meat inflammatory-wise).

>meat
>causing inflammation

Well yeah that's a pretty inherent trait of meat. There is not a single form of meat that even covers the stress of digestion let alone help with inflammation. Not even the meat industry claims otherwise. Feel free to show me the opposite, I'd be really interested in that extraordinaire piece of science.

>people who get very sick from gluten should die
>people who only get a little sick from gluten are normal, healthy people

Ha ha, nope. All of you need to get the fuck out of my gene pool.

gluten free is just another iteration of people discovering the benefits of a ketogenic diet.

gluten is probably harmless. by avoiding gluten, though, you inadvertantly end up avoiding carbohydrates. this causes health benefits, and presto: people blame gluten alone for the problems.

Whole wheat is anti-inflammatory and refined wheat has no effect on inflammation. Animal protein is mostly pro-inflammatory.

Gluten-free diets are also associated with an increased risk of type 2 diabetes.

No, there is no evidence that gluten is harmful to healthy people. However, wheat is the primary source of fructans in the Western diet and fructans are bifidogenic prebiotics that protect against colon cancer and may have other beneficial effects.

Bread is actually a health food.

>what are gluten free grains
>what are fruits
>what are vegetables
>what are mushrooms
>etc
Keto is shit health wise. Luckily you people demonizing carbs will die soon and likely not have the time to teach your eventual kids your retarded ideas.

the only things excluded from keto in your list are the grains and fruits.

mushrooms and vegetables are low carb.

either way, gluten free is still basically the faggot hipsters version of Keto, just like Paleo is the faggot earthfags version of keto.

>mushrooms and vegetables are low carb.
Wat vegetables and mushrooms are like 50-90% carbs, are you retarded? I mean yeah you are, I can clearly see that based on just these 2 posts.

>exluding fruits
Braindead. And you're talking about "health benefits". Keto is literally the very last thing I would ever consider doing to my body. I'd rather go full fruitarian and only eat raw fruits plus supplements for the rest of my life.

I know two people with legit celiac. Both are of Italian heritage (it seems to run in some Italian bloodlines). There is no doubt celiac is real. But I know more people who are avoiding gluten because they think it might be the magic bullet to cure whatever vague collection of minor ailments that seem to me to just be the result of becoming middle aged women. I try not to judge, but it seems like wishful thinking to me. When they talk about "wheat belly" all I can think is, "How about laying off the sweets and getting some fucking exercise?"

Where can I find free gluten?

I quit eating wheat five years ago. I was working with a nutritionist to figure out what was causing my severe acid reflux. Pills didn't help, I was miserable all the time, and desperate to not feel sick.
I eliminated several foods, got to wheat, and it helped. No more bloating, less gas, better bowel movements, and a lot less stomach irritation. I also quit drinking milk, and my acid reflux went away. I haven't had an acid attack in years, except that one time I had ice cream.
Thank you for reading my blog post.

>the evidence also suggests that gluten-based products have a negative effect on normies too.
No it doesn't.

please don't reproduce and spread your shitty genes

Too late, I've already got three bastard kids by two different women. In addition to meat and bread, I also hate condoms.
Stay mad, virgin!

1/10 made
Me

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3705319/

Hot damn, I continue to be astounded by the low quality garbage that gets published in journals these days

That "review" (it's not even a real study, they didn't do any actual research) mainly says that there are compounds in wheat that could cause inflammation, not that it actually happens when consuming these products. If there was such a direct causation we would have way more actual evidence. There are people who earn their money advertising against grains, you'd think they would have long come up with some comprehensive randomised intervention studies.

>It should be noted that whole grains contain phytochemicals, like polyphenols, that can exert anti-inflammatory effects which could possibly offset any potentially pro-inflammatory effects of gluten and lectins
A really important sentence right here.

We have plenty of interventional studies on wheat (makes sense given how widely it is consumed), and from those we know that whole wheat is anti-inflammatory and lowers IL-6 & CRP within hours of consumption, refined wheat has no negative or positive effect.

As pointed out earlier, gluten avoidance is also associated with an increased risk of diabetes, although this can potentially be explained by the reduced carb intake on a gluten-free diet (carbs are protective against diabetes)
livescience.com/58199-gluten-free-diet-wont-help-you-avoid-diabetes.html

Yeah that's what I meant, we have 0 hard evidence of whole grain being pro-inflammatory, just some theoretical stuff that doesn't matter in the end or some literal bullshit like the book Wheat Belly. It's like saying fructose has adverse health effects therefore fruits are bad because they contain it.

I eat a bowl of oatmeal with fruits or berries every single morning, it's a GOAT breakfast.