Steak doneness rage thread. How do you like your steak and why is every other way disgusting...

Steak doneness rage thread. How do you like your steak and why is every other way disgusting? We got a fun thread going in pol and i thought one here would be nice

If I cook it myself, I want it between Medium and Medium Rare.

but if I order it from a restaurant I don't wanna be a shitlord so I just order it Medium

I forgot to add, people who order Blue Rare are fedora tippers and people who order Rare are 90% trying to appear manly but just end up with a bloody mush mess.

I like mine raw as fuck with a nice thin crispy sear, plus some dry red wine and asparagus. Cant beat it

>bloody mush mess
Its hemoglobin but you already knew that faggot.
And yeah rare steak is soft. it will melt in your mouth thats why i like it that way. If i wanted to chew my beef forever id use my moms shitty pot roast recipe

Depends if I'm cooking it, same as above. If it's me, I try to get medium-well, but I'm not very good at nailing that point without a thermometer.

At a restaurant I usually ask for medium-rare too, but expect it to be half-assed and 3 different donenesses.

Medium rare because it's tender, but still has a nice texture to it.

Rare is a much more tender cook, it's not about looking manly.
If its a shit cut of meat I'll get it medium rare or even just medium, but if its good quality I don't wanna overcook it and lose all the good quality of the meat

>if I order it from a restaurant I don't wanna be a shitlord so I just order it Medium
I've found that if you order medium rare, you usually get either medium or rare. If you order medium, you always get medium.

tfw you send it back when it's well done and they say they don't have any less cooked prime rib.

>it will melt in your mouth
Naw nigga it doesn't melt, you gotta chew it.

This user knows. It's usually not medium rare. It's usually medium or rare. I like surprises.

Medium rare, but I can never really complain about steak.

Why would I order a cheap steak? Cheap beef is only good thinly sliced or ground. Don't bother with steak unless you're paying good money for it

>Hemaglobin
Try again, that's what makes blood red

You are retarded son, steak doesn't melt.

It does if you are having a good steak
Not prime, good. Here's some steak from my kitchen; all of that fat is renderable

Those all look solid to me.

Ye u right i meant myoglobin sorry

Yeah that is melt in your mouth steak, I mean, it's literally going to fall apart in your mouth it's filled with marbling in every bite

So now were biting, we can't chew but we can bite. Steak doesn't melt.

There's very little difference, for what it's worth.

Bite as a unit idiot. And again, that steak does. Go spend even $60 on a steak that's actually good

Another example. There simply isn't anything to chew, all of that is renderable.

My mouth isn't hot enough to render fat.

In addition that type of steak has a very low melting point, and is already melting after the correct resting period

Holy fucking shit user.
What's the ratio in those cuts? 50/50??
Fuck me, I've never seen marbling like that. Have I been eating shit my whole life?