Ok Anons. How did it melt so fast? Man made "climate change"?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurentide_Ice_Sheet

youtube.com/watch?v=-W6Lftgq8mg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5DFbeio-POA
resilience.org/stories/2017-01-25/expanding-tar-sands-will-kill-paris-targets-and-climate-stability-report-finds/
youtu.be/ZDK1aCqqZkQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What happens when the Amerifats want to escape the hell they created? Is Canada boned? It's not like they could defend their border by force if the US decided they needed the now prime land Canada occupies

>No ice in Alaska or Greenland
......sure

That's right no ice in Alaska, Greenland... or Siberia.

youtube.com/watch?v=5DFbeio-POA

This is what the coastlines looked like 12,000 years ago.

I haven't done my homework but I'm just going put this out there: positive feedback loops.

It stopped advancing 20ky ago. There is literally STILL SOME LEFT. Take your hostile bullshit elsewhere.

Why did it stop advancing, and start melting (dramatically) if co2 levels didn't go up?

"Hostile bullshit"? Or inconvenient truth?

look into environmental stability according to ball-and-valley model

negative feedback keep the environment relatively he same until something really pushes it too far and then positive feedbacks take over and push the system into another valley (a different state) where negative feedbacks keep it

I don't really have specific reasons but I'm sure it's related to albedo and Earth's orbit

So nothing to do with co2 then?

So why won't people accept that something like what you stated, isn't happening now? Or even consider it as a possibility?

This is the problem when politics and public opinion, outweigh scientific facts.

because scientists do science and tell us otherwise, it's not time for things to start heating up yet (and not this fast anyway)
they're supposed be cooling down very slowly

How do you figure? The little ice age ended about 150 years ago. When exactly are things supposed to get hotter? Later? Why?

it's like glaciation cycles, were due for another glaciation event (13 000 yrs of cold)
the little ice wasn't an actual ice age

Ok, so if we can agree with co2 having little to nothing to do with climate change. What do you figure causes these glaciation cycles user?

Also, not trying to be a dick or confrontational. You seem to be level headed, and I'd honestly like to hear your take on it. Thanks.

What's the deal with people like you? Don't you think people who have dedicated their lives to climate science might have taken these things into account? That it's unlikely that multiple fields of science just neglected to think about something you found while trawling wikipedia?

I swear it's like there's a Dunning-Kruger epidemic going on.

the orbit of earth is not perfect and the slight variation takes us away from the Sun a bit cool us down just enough to start a positive feedback effect that cools us down further until the earth stabilizes in a colder state
>this is a very very simplified model of what happens

and I do believe in AGW sorry

New Zealand was probably bigger as there are papers and studies on possible Zeelandia/ Tasmantis continent

If you weren't being so hostile and argumentative you might actually have gotten an answer

Why does everyone always have to be so fucking butthurt all of the god damn time?

When Ymir was defeated and the jotnar were destroyed, the ice receded.

>That it's unlikely that multiple fields of science just neglected to think about something you found while trawling wikipedia?

On no, they're well aware of this problem. They just choose to fully ignore it, because it totally goes against everything they are saying.

co2 levels at the end of the last ice age 280 ppm. Then mass melt and flooding. Something else must have caused it. More "scientists" should divert their attention to finding out what the something else was.

Most won't though. They like their easy money grants in the echo chamber.

>How did it melt so fast?
>finding out what the something else was

About the end of the last ice age and the Younger Dryas:
Joe Rogan episode #872 - Graham Hancock & Randall Carlson

Forum Borealis:
Demise Of The Ice-Age Civilization - Robert Schoch

Antidotes to lock-step science and cultural amnesia.

Looks like an American map

Veeky Forums really doesn't like this line of questioning, does it?

I wonder why?

No I don't... I already know why.

T H I C C

Gorilla warfare would ensue

People are simply off the mark, it's not a question of "man made" climate change, it's a question of "man accelerated" climate change, and even then the implication is that environmentally friendly measures will simply be delaying the inevitable: this planet and atmosphere go through regular cycles of heat and cold

ASTEROID
IMPACT
ON
THE
NORTH
AMERICAN
ICE
SHEET
NIGGER

What evidence do you have of this? Keep in mind there are many here on Veeky Forums who have first hand experience with research and the funding associated with it, and the will attest to the fact that you have no idea what you are talking about unless you can back it up with solid evidence.
>I already know why.
So you know that this topic has been debated here extensively, with threads almost identical to this one being posted every week for years, and invariably getting thoroughly btfo to the point that it has become routine and boring? Because most of us are not doing climate research, so your "protecting the grant money" rationalization doesn't hold up.

Canada is helping to create this hell too, Canada alone can completely fuck over the Paris climate agreement with their oil sands production.
resilience.org/stories/2017-01-25/expanding-tar-sands-will-kill-paris-targets-and-climate-stability-report-finds/

You have a lot of questions, and few answers.
Maybe you could study the subject of climate
change a little bit, and learn something.

It's especially funny because oil is all Canada really has.

ancestors of native americans chiseled through the center then the ice sheets slid into the ocean on either side

If retards stopped with cities going underwater at any minute now or by this time, and then again with another time, then the public would probably be more interested in looking at tech and reductions in sources that attribute to it.

The alarmist tripe fucked them over, especially in the day and age of fake news being pushed all over the place and it constantly being exposed.

If I was a climate scientist, I'd be pissed bad.

Could it be that the earth is getting warmer?

Just how fucking desperate were those guys?

That sounds like total bullshit. That's a Chinese wall tier project right there. They'd fucking die before they dug a foot in from starvation or otherwise.

>So nothing to do with co2 then
Plant a shit load of plants, so they can breathe that shit in & create oxygen.
>man made global warming is BS.

>BRO JUST DISRUPT DELICATE ECOSYSTEMS BY PUMPING THEM FULL OF PLANTS THAT WILL CAUSE OVERFEEDING AND OVERPOPULATION OF THE ORGANISMS THAT EAT THE PLANTS SO POPULATION EXCEEDS CARRYING CAPACITY THEN THE PLANTS NUMBERS STABILISE AT A LEVEL FAR BELOW WHAT'S REQUIRED FOR SUFFICIENT CO2 ABSORPTION
>BRO EVEN THOUGH MOST OF EARTH'S SURFACE ISN'T VIABLE FOR PLANT GROWTH, JUST PUT PLANTS EVERYWHERE SOMEHOW

youtu.be/ZDK1aCqqZkQ

So how did it all melt so fast? Answer from Veeky Forums? BLABLABLABLABLABLABLABLA... everything but the answer, with insults thrown in for good measure.

Typical.

You're stupid question was answered multiple times ITT. The retreat of a massive ice sheet over a geological timescale is not interesting nor relevant to climate change.

4000 years is planck seconds in geological time, and you know it.

Bottom line, co2 had nothing to do with it.

>Afroamerieurasia
>Australia
>Antarctica

Thor was a liar

Every time the Earth goes away from the sun, it has to get closer to the sun on the other side of the orbit

>4000 years is planck seconds in geological time, and you know it.
Yeah, and I can't find any credible source that claims that supports that time frame.

>Bottom line, co2 had nothing to do with it.
So what? Nobody said it did.

>Bottom line, co2 had nothing to do with it.
So what? Nobody said it did.
So, how did it melt so fast?