Medicine is just pure memorization. I have several related courses in my major

Medicine is just pure memorization. I have several related courses in my major.
How do you remember all this stuff? So many categorisations, what disorders pop up with which others, etiology, epidemiology for each...
Any help?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endolymphatic_hydrops
npr.org/sections/health-shots/2015/03/16/392789753/a-man-s-incomplete-brain-reveals-cerebellum-s-role-in-thought-and-emotion
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

memorize that shit

>could spell 1000s of words when he was 10
>can't remember 1 quate now
ur just lazyFam xD

But how? There's just so much information, and I find it hard to add any kind of logic to it. It just seems so disconnected from each other

Perhaps you're a brainlet and don't know how to study

It will all make sense when you start actual clinical practice. On each patient each of those things you mentioned will make sense and help you, but not all of them on all the patients all the time.
Don't worry, just memorize that shit to pass your exams. You'll become a real physician later and you will learn what's actually useful

Studiful bump

So... I want to try. Can you share something you find useful?

Try Netter medical images, not the anatomy ones but the specialty ones like Netter's Internal Medicine, Cardiology, etc

>hard to add any kind of logic
If you know the basics, drawing out conclusion is extremely logical. Doesn't work for anatomy though, at least it's a set number of structures you have to memorize, only way is to go through them a shekellion times, you're gonna find yourself forgetting really mundane shit eventually, I remember what lacertus fibrosus is but I have no idea what my biceps is called.

Go to classes, take notes to know what is actually important, find a quiet place with the books and start to study, don't expect to be ok with a couple of hours a day here and there. Every single day study at least 4 hours a day and in exam times at least 6. You'll get more proficient and see the patterns arose beyond memorisation.
t. Med Student by the way

>I have no idea what my biceps is called
Probably something like Robert

>Every single day study at least 4 hours a day
Serious?
Not even memeing. Perhaps I'm not hard enough yet. Still, what kind of plan do you do like this? What do you do for four hours?

The only time I usually go long like that is when I'm solving stat problems, which I have a definite end - having the problem solved. I find it hard to do the same with more theoretical stuff

When I was doing a part-time degree I used to study 4 hours a day after working for 8 hours

Nigger if you can't do 4 hours a day while being a med student full time you should seriously consider dropping out

hey medfags this morning on my way down the stairs i got suddenly got severe hearing loss in both ears, they felt full, had a wierd crackle tinnitus unlike the ringing tinnitus i am accustom to, i wasnt really dizzy, and i was worried i would pass out.

I thought i was having a stroke, but it went away after 5 minutes. I did some research and because it was such a short duration, nothing seems to fit the bill.

my best guess is en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endolymphatic_hydrops

do i go to a doctor or nah

I make a list of what topics I have to study each day. I use Pomodoro Technique to manage time, I'm not seated 4 hours straight reading, really burns me out.

I'm in psychology, doing psychopathology

You need both elephant memory and photographic memory for this shit.

How the fuck do you gain that without being born with it?

Holy shit, if you actually think the amount of memorization in med school is too much, you're probably a huge memorylet.

Then go ask for studying advice from your professors. They're PhD holders in psych, most of them will have read a decent bit of research in the area.

If you didn't have a cerebellum you would be dead...

I'm pretty sure you can live without a cerebellum actually

>be engineer
>make the most money of all my friends
>friend is physicians assistant
>go out to bar, meet some grills
>"Omg you are a physicians assistant, wow I can't believe it!"
>"Oh you are an engineer? so is that like tech support or something?"

every fucking time.

>talking to girls
>not building a waifu

low-tier engineer

don't bother with dumb girls

any girl with an IQ over 95 knows engineers make money

Your assumed diagnosis is a reasonable start, I say go to a doc to get a checkup on your hearing (shit could get worse) and to check for possible causes (hell it could even be stress) or differential diagnosis (side effects of medication, tumor, autoimmune disease etc.).

Correct, but with extreme diminution of quality of life.
E.g.

npr.org/sections/health-shots/2015/03/16/392789753/a-man-s-incomplete-brain-reveals-cerebellum-s-role-in-thought-and-emotion

For pathology I suggest pathoma or osmosis (pathoma will step you through things a lot quicker, and only give the "high yield" facts about each disease).
At the end of every video, quiz yourself about the diseases you just went through, and then check to see if you got everything.
You can very quickly learn a lot using this method, especially if you review each video twice.

>Medicine is just pure memorization.
If you really believe that you will end up killing a fair number of your patients. Please tell us all what benighted country has this attitude.

How about cracking the naming code.
Protip : Greek

Doctors are literally not allowed to be creative or deductive or they will face malpractice suits.

Excessive detected.

And go on, please explain how being deductive is malpractice? If you don't do deductive work you will give painkillers for any stomach pain including cancer. I think that would be more serious.

Might just be clogged with wax user

Maybe in America.