Sup Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums here

Sup Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums here.

How would we calculate the velocity and altitude of someone being socked in the jaw on a perfect vertical angle, with perfect transfer of energy?

For clarification, see the clusterfuck linked below:
Not asking for the answer, just asking for the proper way to calculate it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WLT9k8BbOIc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This made me realise how normie teir Veeky Forums really is.
Half the threads on this board are about collective consciousness and discussing the deeper topics of life, meanwhile were trying o figure out how high you could send a woman flying with a proper clean upper cut.

Also shameless bump

Hi there, also from fit. The curiosity is really getting to me, I might start learning kindergarten level physics.

Yeah, I sort of feel bad, but not.

I know I can launch a 50kg woman at least 4 metres horizontally with a decent knee strike.
But wouldn't a punch be much better for velocity transfer and hence distance as it's going to accelerate faster?
Or would the reduced leverage/energy cause it to be worse?

Well [math] 2150 ~ \text { psi } [/math] is about 27,000N (if we assume his hand is about 18 cm^2). So suppose that's delivered instantly gives an acceleration of about 450m/s^2. Then fuck around with the equations of motion for a bit, assuming that all her kinetic energy goes into potential. I'd do it myself but I'm already bored of this.

No please, the motion stuff fucks with my head. I tried calculating it and I got 55.5km.

Conservation of momentum. Just use the easy equations if you are modelling the system ideally.

You can also use the kinematic equations for "altitude" after you get initial velocity of the face.

I don't know physics outside of s=d/t. Please you gotta help me, its about a buzzfeed Jewish girl getting uppered by Ivan Drago.

youtu.be/WLT9k8BbOIc

The head is attached to the neck which is elastic.

The neck will bend or break before enough energy could lift anyone off the ground.

Okay, let's assume years of refusing to deepthroat numale cock has rendered her head and neck completely stiff and 100% effecient at transferring energy.

it's been a while so i'm sure others will correct me for my retard tier attempt

2500psi is 1.5x10^7N
Applied over area say 0.1m*0.15m = 0.015m^2
Force over glove is: Pressure*Area
1.5x10^7 * 0.015 = 225000N
Downward force of 600N is negligible.
acceleration = Force/Mass
225000/60 = 3750ms^-2
Say time of contact is 1 second.
3750ms^-1 launch speed vertically.

v^2 = u^2 + 2as

v = 0 (just before she starts falling)
a = -10 for gravity
u = 3750
s = ?

s = (v^2 - u^2)2a
s = 703125m

This is assuming no air resistance btw which would play a big factor. it also assumes perfect transfer of energy and that both masses are point masses. all this means it's hardly realistic lol.

initial velocity around 0.27 m/s
height 0.35 m

just ask yourself: does this look retarded?

there's no way he can keep 2500psi up for 1 second. 1/100th of a second maybe

That doesn't sound right.

How is that possible?
If she's ascending at 0.27m/s, and she tops out at 0.38m/s, wouldn't she be flying for more than a second?
But wouldn't gravity counteract the initial velocity within 0.03 seconds?

So how high is that? I can divide it by 100 like said.

LMFAO yeah i thought it looked stupid.

ADJUSTING for time of contact, go for 0.01 seconds like user suggests.

37.5ms^-1 launch speed
s= 70m

ahh fuck, I just took average data, didn't see all this bullshit about drago.

So she goes 70m in the air? Is that possible without variables? Like if she was a 60kg rocket air rocket being filled up with 2150psi that gets dumped in 0.01 would that be the same?

>without variables
If you have unknown quantities you have to label it with something. You could use a smiley face for all practical purposes

>like if she was a rocket

Yup

Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums are bound by their shared love/hate relationship with women.

This is the funniest thread I've seen in a while, it's like a bunch of autists helping a bunch of bro's with their homework

Hey, you help us figure out exactly how far and fast our lord and saviour, Ivan Drago, could launch one of these AIDS ridden socal cunts, and well help you make gains.

Okay, now this might the the right answer, it is taken at 1.5 m/s punch speed, the mass of the hand taken at 2 kg. There is also energy transfered from all the core and such but I didn't give a shit.
Now, the pressure reading is quite stupid in my opinion. It doesn't say anything about the energy transfer. You can lightly hit two ball bearings with a printer paper between them and because of enormous pressures the paper will have a burned spot. You will get a higher reading punching a wall than punching a bag.
This measurement alone has little value, you need pressure curves dependent on time.

>Punch Speed
>1.5m/s

First explain why Ivan Drago is so loved? Did he win something? besides your heart

We'll I'm a boxingfag and I stumbled upon the thread about buzzfeed betas doing their "girl"friends workouts. Then I began to wonder what would happen if they did it the other way around and with the beta being replaced by a heavyweight boxer. It started out as Joseph Parker, but I think Ivan Drago is more fitting.

SHUT UP NERD!!!

We adore both the character and actor, they are the picture perfect example of "making it".
It's all about having role models that excel at everything they do, not through luck, but determination and grit.

Drago
>Decorated hero.
>Olympic gold medalist.
>Aesthetic.
>Beautiful fit wife.
>Frauds like half of Veeky Forums.

Dolph
>Skilled martial artist
>Aesthetic
>Bodybuilder
>Fucks beautiful women
>Moderately successful actor
>Educated

He's everything people should aspire to be, simply because he wanted to be it bad enough.

Ok i'll look into it, might take a while as I there's a fair amount to think about.
Just upper cutting her straight upwards? at a perfect right angle?

Perfect uppercut.
Perfect spring, perfect hip rotation, no wasted extension.
Perfect transfer of energy, vertically.

Yea, Troy to have as little variables as possible. The only thing effecting it should be gravity.

>they are the picture perfect example of "making it".
Isn't Arnold a better example of that? I mean he's done pretty much everything the Dolph has but better (except the education part).

Education is a principle part of making it.

Dolph is more aesthetic than Arnie. Arnie's chest was disproportionately large, and his shoulders looked small compared to his over developed arms

Frank Zane or Steve Reeves are better examples of the epitome of physiques. Zyzz was amazing too, but people revere him for different reasons

Dunno why you would expect fit to know anything other than how to get micro strokes and an endorphin rush