>love Dumas
>want to read count of monte cristo
>hate reading about bad things happening to people
>want to read 20 years later
>hate reading about people past their glory days even more
JUST FUCKING KILL ME ALREADY

So what do you like to read?

I mean, I do, obviously, but if there's just a dude, minding his own business and then something super unfair happens, I get jittery and avoid it. I can't help it. It's hell. There are so many good books I just... can't finish reading. It's awful.

this is why i hated madame bovary desu

Embrace it and seek revenge with Dantes

I'm reading Captain Paul right now and i love how romantic and upbeat it is. God i love dumas

>want to read Dumas
>don't want to learn French
jdimsa

>love reading books
>hate reading words

>tfw an abridged translation was better than the original
no story requires 1,000 pages

>Around your Mom in 80 Years

best translation?

Time for you to kill yourself my dude.

sounds like you'd love The Idiot

Well, I have it, at least.

Dumas was paid per line.
If you were paid per line, you'd write 1000 pages too.

Well, I read the Barnes and Noble Classic edition of the three musketeers, and I loved it.

now that's what I call autism

On a similar note, is there any decent novel directly focused on Napoleon and his empire? He's on the outskirts of Count of Monte Cristo, and plays even less of a role im Stendhal's Charterhouse. Kinda bums me out.

Man, I don't know. Her Majesty's Dragon is parallel universe britions fighting napoleon. On dragons.

Bad things happen to people. Don't shelter yourself from that knowledge. Especially if bad things have happened to you, it's important not to shy away from reading that kind of thing.

>Filthyfrank

Do u perchance have autism abd play Minecraft

this is Veeky Forums friendo. you don't have a leg to stand on

Well, I tried the Gutenberg translation. The writing was very far from palatable.

Fiction is shit anyway, OP.

>being this much of a sheltered Suburban teenage beta

wrong on all counts

>something super unfair happens

i get you. not entirely related but part of the reason why i couldn't continue watching parks & rec was because of how unfairly jerry is treated by the others :(

I know, right? Especially when the person doesn't deserve it. I never understand why so much comedy is based off of tormenting people.