I finally got around to watching the new Bill Nye show on Netflix

I finally got around to watching the new Bill Nye show on Netflix.
Is it me or has science really changed since we were kids? I remember all the science Bill Nye explained on Bill Nye the Science Guy and back then he said there were only 2 genders. It's interesting to hear the new science of gender. I had no idea there had been so much progress in that field in such a short amount of time. And now its officially settled that gender is a spectrum. Totally different from when I was a kid! I love scientific progress.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Reimer
youtu.be/t4PiHWxHesg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Im not arguing that the new show is a shill show. But the idea of gender being a spectrum has been around for a while.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Reimer

this is the best scientific explanation for it.

>I finally got around to watching the new Bill Nye show on Netflix.

No, no you didn't. You are a /pol/tard angry that your only discussion topic already died out.

It's time for you to go back.

gender identity being a large part learned makes sense, but why do people describe personality differences as "gender identities". seems like it would just confuse young people and lead to depression of the kind referenced in that wikipedia article.

Thanks for the link, seriously interesting.

He was born male, they told him to be female, and then he later decided to "transition" BACK to male, and then he killed himself. How can anybody possibly use this as evidence that gender identity is learned? He went back tohis cis-gender and fucking KILLED himself probably due to growing up against his biological gender.

Also, if they removed his gonads then this is not legitamte evidence that gender identity is learned. Why? Because they removed an organ responsible for the secretionof male hormones, therefore invalidating the reliability of their theory

there have been many other ideas that have "been around for a while", yet remain bad ideas. communsim for one

>You are a /pol/tard angry that your only discussion topic already died out.
this

>It's time for you to go back.
and this

neck yourself OP
saged

>probably due to

Found the weak point in your argument. Everything hinges on this item of pure speculation even if the rest of it is 100% fact.

This is a pretty tragic case and if he had waited longer he could have gotten a penis transplant which are being pioneered now with some success. Poor fuck.

Ohhh, lil fag is sad his area of "expertise" is nothing more than political propaganda, as evidenced by cuck nye's "science" leftist show... Well we are shifting to the right and no amount of science, diversity, black science men or equations can stop that.

The problem with this whole issue is that they constantly flip flop on what they're trying to define.

Biologically there are 2 sexes, you simply can't deny it
>Oh well, you see gender is separate from sex. Gender is just what you feel like, independent of biological sex.
They're basically trying to define it as "personality", and you can't really say that's wrong if it's separate from biological sex. Nor can you deny there's basically any number of possible personalities.

But then they constantly try to insert gender into issues about biological sex, like demanding you be able to list the batman symbol on your drivers license and other official documentation instead of male or female.

He lost me when he shittalked the entire classic car hobby with a complete misunderstanding of why people do it.
It was like arguing that all wooden roller coasters should be torn down because steel ones more fun on paper.

Really?

Not even a /pol/tard but Bill Nye sounds like a giant pandering fag now. He should have just stuck to teaching kids basic science shit.

>Bill Nye the Science Guy and back then he said there were only 2 genders.
No you don't remember that because it didn't happen. Now fuck off.

youtu.be/t4PiHWxHesg

Use this pic of Ford's Panther platform vehicles as brainbleach. Also, duck you for making me look this up again

I don't think he understands why people like older cars then. Tesla's are really cool yes and I would love to have one, but I would also just as happily have a 1973 GTO as well. Regardless, he sounds very holier-than-thou in that video.

Exactly. Ideally, I would want a garage populated with both EVs and old American iron, but according to Tesla fans and technocratic popsci types, the two shouldn't be allowed to coexist.

I've always thought the ideal mobile set up would be a Ford F-250 Diesel or a Duramax with a Smart car stashed in the bed, whilst pulling a camper that you sleep in. Wal-Mart parking lots and Interstate rest stops will be your domain. It's sad that Nye as a supposed """"""Mechanical Engineer""""""" doesn't have any appreciation for the combustion engine.

why do people look up to this clown and ask him for life advice like he's some kind of expert on how you should live your life
i really hate these people that are like "let's ask a celebrity what i should do with my life"

>accidentally butchered penis at birth
Right. That doctor wanted to prove gender was learned, and failed.