Hop on the bus, see a friend in the back

>hop on the bus, see a friend in the back
>she is discussing Murakami with some others
>one of them is transgender
>they are all speaking positively of Murakami
>having read all of his works, mention that Kafka on the Shore is my favorite
>transgender person says its their least favorite
>ask why
>they say that the character Oshima was obviously a cis persons idea of a transgender person and the character sucked because of that
>mention that Oshima humanized and introduced me to the notion of being transgender when I was 15
>ask them if there are any transgender authors they would recommend me
>they do not have any
>walk away feeling as if they criticized Oshima just because they could and nobody could call them out on it because nobody else was transgender

Do you think theirs was a legitimate criticism was legitimate? As a cis straight white male, I found Oshima to be a good character.

>be a outgoing person with good social life
>live in a large city in a Western country
>never meet a transgender outside hooker district
>never make up shitty stories on a lao knitting forum

>nobody experiences anything I don't experience

I went to a liberal arts college and now teach at one that is in a small college town. I am casually acquainted with at least 10 transgender people.

also, sorry for
>Do you think theirs was a legitimate criticism was legitimate?

>Anna Karenina is a shitty character because she is a man's idea of a woman
>Olga is a shitty character because she is a man's idea of a woman
>Hal is a shitty character because he is DFW's idea of someone talented

I think people should only be allowed to write about themselves in a 1:1 correspondence because otherwise it's inauthentic and shitty, HURR DURR

So let's allow the cis men define everyone else's experience for them. :^)

No True Transgenderman

>implying fictional characters "defining" people makes any sense

Fictional characters don't define your experience, your experience defines your experience. What the fuck man. I can't make any sense of your point at all. Could you elaborate?

you missed the most important part of that post

look at the spoiler

>:(

Hook, line and sinker.

>transgender people are people just like us it's wrong to reject them
>trans people alone can write about themselves, their experience is so special and different we can't hope to understand -- but should still read their degenerate art that focuses on nothing but their degeneracy to try and fail to understand
the amount of cognitive dissonance it takes to be your typical leftist young American college goer is actually staggering

Yeah I don't really get it. I accept transgender people and I kind of felt like they should appreciate a book like Kafka on the Shore that normalizes transgenderism by presenting a rich character who is more than just a token trans person and is not defined by that aspect of their being alone.

Then again I can sort of understand wishing there were more mainstream books written by trans people and about them, but then it's like so write one you dip.

Glad I gotcha friendo.

Transgender people deserve death. I hope Pence rounds all transfags in concentration camps and kills them all.

This

Kek

samefagging this hard.

I only made the first post, cuck

>reading murakami in the first place
fucking nerds

>>Hal is a shitty character because he is DFW's idea of someone talented

?
whats wrong with him

please provide me a non meme answer

if you, as a cis straight white male, like murakami you should starting taking hormone pills and transgender yourself

>it's the year twenty-seventeen, people can be whatever they want, shitlord
>but you CAN'T be like that
>I am transsexual so that gives me knowledge of and authority on everyone who identifies as such
Okay

Homosex cis male here, I liked the character but the scene with the feminists really irked me and was obvious cis straight male strawmanning.