How much of bullshit is this shilled mbti test?

How much of bullshit is this shilled mbti test?

I actually think MBTI is useful, just not for any scientific purpose. It doesn't tell you much about who you are, but it gives you a lot of insight on who you see yourself as.

It could be helpful in guiding those who want to work in a certain field so if you want to say be a performer you might wanna amplify those qualities. If you have a really stubborn personality that won't change it could help you identify best vocations

What he said basically. The test is not reliable, but at least you can figure out who you think you might be in a "ideal, healthy state" and what archetype you want to live up to. There's nothing wrong with some guidance

Just don't treat the test like a special snowflake competition

All I know is that online tests suck, but that's a general rule really

Since I get INTJ, does this means in a "ideal, healthy state" as you put I would want to be "Mastermind"?

Eh. Last year I got ENTP. 6 months ago I got INTJ. Now I just got ISTJ. It's pretty difficult to replicate results, I try to answer the questions correct but things change a lot depending on your surroundings and what is going on in your life.

Socionics is much better

I have a different anecdote: took the 16personalities test twice 10 months apart got intp-t both times with percentages breakdown for the "indicators" or w/e separate letters stand for: 8-73-58-44-6 first time vs 28-75-58-38-10 the previous time. I had way more variance between two different big-five tests I took (but I didn't retake those after a time break because unlike with 16p I didn't save the results for later)

It's garbage astrology-tier pseudoscience. Horoscopes for people who want to pretend to be intelligent, such as the people in this thread.

this

Daily reminder this is an INTP board

I know for senior design in all engineering fields my university offers, they use this chart to pair people in groups of 4. The assistant professor showed us some analysis of doing this for the last 3 years and the average group grade has risen with enough statistical significance to say that random pairing is worse than using the personality test to pair students.

>such as the people in this thread

i.e (You)

Glad I feel welcome

Took this test over many years many times. Most of the time I used to get INTJ, which is kind of accurate and also inaccurate. Recently took the test again and got INTP, which is even more inaccurate. It feels like reading a horoscope no matter how accurately and honestly I answer the questions.

Horoscope for pretentious individuals

No, I was talking about you.

Agreed. Thanks for repeating what I said.

>MBTI is retarded!~!!!!!1

>meanwhile, half of /sci takes online IQ tests to stroke their ego

fucking epic

I've got a strong INTJ for the past 4 years, and I try to answer as realistically and unbiased as possible.

I've got INTP

>defends mbti
>intimidated by the reality that IQ is a measured determinant in career success
color me surprised

>>defends mbti
Did you see me defending or validating MBTI in my post? I just think the situation is ironic

>>intimidated by the reality that IQ is a measured determinant in career success
Didn't deny this either. I'm outlining how many posters here just take online IQ tests, and they generally take it for the exact same reasons people take MBTI tests

Work on your reading comprehension

it's not as bullshit as your shilled shitpost

No you can't conclude that.
You need to do double-blind tests--tell people that they are grouped with MBTI-compatibles while they are grouped with random people, and tell people that they are grouped with random people while they are grouped with MBTI-compatibles. This plus what you already do.
Otherwise, you'll get influenced when you're told that you'll be paired with people that you'll do good/bad with, especially if your professor shows a "proof".

i keep flipping between ISTJ and INTJ.

its pretty bs imo.

5 traits are more reliable, but they dont really tell you much.

all personality tests are pretty bullshit.
at the end of the day its about recognising where your strengths and weaknesses are.

it would be nice to think people fit into such nice boxes though.

IQ threads are almost entirely shitposting though

It's outdated, there are much better tests.
People like being pigeonholed though, like being member of some exclusive club, it will always stay popular. For that purpose I prefer astrology, it's much more mystic and romantic

As I've heard it, each letter is less accurate, so if you're an introvert/extrovert, you'll likely get that next time, but by last letter it's damn near chance.

I always get INTP though, I think I've only once gotten a single letter different, and I've probably done it at least a dozen times.

MBTI is correlated with IQ (Giftedness)

INTP is the smartest, followed by INTJ & INFP

INTP -> Albert Einstein, Charles Darwin, Adam Smith, Ludwig Boltzmann
INTJ -> Isaac Newton, Stephen Hawking, Friedrich Nietzsche, Niels Bohr
INFP ->William Shakespeare, J.R.R. Tolkien, Vincent van Gogh, George Orwell

The dumbest brainlet type is ESFJ
Includes Ray Kroc, the Founder of Mc Donalds, the World largest fast food corporation.

The company that owns the MBTI also runs the "scientific journal" that studies about MBTI are published in.

Let that sink in.

I can't find a single version of this image I can read Jesus Christ.

>320 KB
>still can't read
Who owns this copyrighted shit

agree with your comment is strawman.
He wasn't defending MBTI, just made fun of threads like this one.
He also made fun of people on Veeky Forums who take on-line IQ tests to boast and enlarge their ego.
Never did he say IQ wasn't accurate model or deterministic of your career success.

>shilled

>Ray Kroc, the Founder of Mc Donalds, the World largest fast food corporation
AKA richer than literally everyone else you posted.

What is the worst MBTI type and why is it INFP?

>sorry, I'm unable to function as a productive member of society today, because of intense internal strife and anguish over the fact that there is a barely known species that I heard about only one time, is going extinct in the Amazonian rainforest
>as people, we should do a lot more to be kind to one another
>meat eaters should be genocided
>this house has a really bad aura about it. You should burn some incense
>don't mind me while I act super passive aggressively for two weeks over completely imagined insults and slights
>the world is a horrible place, I wish I was dead
>don't be silly, with a few, rare exceptions, everyone is born bisexual.
>capitalism and bourgeoise scum are the reason why this world is going to shit

I mean... everyone's a *little* bisexual, right?

t. Engineer

Simple random sampling without taking into consideration the personality test results in worse overall scores than simple random sampling taking the personality results into consideration.

There's about 50ish senior design groups each year. In the 3 years that the personality results were taken into consideration, the population grade mean rose by 1 letter grade (about 10%).

You don't need a double blind test to determine that at my university, a diversity of personalities working with each other in groups achieves a greater overall course average, consistently. I wouldn't rule out other reasons, but the likelihood that the this is bogus is very very low.

Correlation doesn't imply causation, just saying.
Being INTP, INTJ or INFP doesn't mean you are gifted, it only means those types take more IQ tests

thanks for the insight

this shit is catnip for autistic people

>capitalism and bourgeoise scum are the reason why this world is going to shit
I can see your other points but why else would the world be going to shit? (on a global scale at least, not talking about people having pissing contests)

>Hurr MBTI is just astrology
Why do I see this retarded statement again and again?
There is a major difference. Astrology is pseudoscience because it asserts that personalities are affected by something external (time and planetary phases)
MBTI doesn't do this. It picks up on actual info about people, looks for patterns that emerge, and provides a purely theoretical (logic and math) explanation for how this makes sense.

Completely bullshit.

Also ENTJ master race.

>Are you X or Y?
>X
>Your results says you're X!

Its retarded

Socionics is great. Slightly /x/enophilic, but great.

Why the peeps on r9k are so obsessed with the mbti?

It's a way of classifying people, of course it works like that

>tfw have legit Autism
>score INTP
What did the MBTI mean by this?

It's not scientific or accurate in any measure but it's a good gauge for self-image.

it seems like all of Veeky Forums is obsessed with it

This is a really good point.

>Those INFPs

No goddamn way. What a bunch of horse shit

It's not that INFPs are inherently liberal, it's that they are very easily manipulated through emotions and crave a sense of belonging.

INTP is the autistic personality, so nothing weird here. Their personality is basically one of an hyperactive robot who only understands numbers and can't into people and feelings at all

INTP here and I felt like my INTJ ex was a genuine spider. Just from pure anecdotal evidence the test seems to hold up pretty well

I think it's great. There's some real insight into how different people think, respond to confusing situations, or deal with emotional stress. For example, reading this passage for the first time was staggering:

INTPs in the main are not clannish. The INTP mailing list, with a readership now in triple figures, was in its incipience fraught with all the difficulties of the Panama canal: we had trouble deciding:
whether or not there should be such a group,
exactly what such a group should be called, and
which of us would have to take the responsibility for organization and maintenance of the aforesaid group/club/whatever.

You won't find that description in any of the other type profiles, even the other IXXX or INXX ones, yet it holds true for almost all INTPs and is a rather drastic deviation from "average" human behavior. Amazing how a few questions can provide so much insight into how a person thinks and, dare I say, predict patterns of behavior.

Most of the criticisms I've read are stupid, as they apply at least as much to other personality metrics, but those other metrics aren't nearly as insightful. Also, the fact that people score differently when they take the tests at different times is an indictment of the tests, not of the type system itself.

Rationals (NTs) usually get along very well with other rationals and are rubbed the wrong way by Guardians (SJs) in general, finding their value systems irrational or downright abhorrent. Can Big Five provide anything remotely as insightful? Nope.

INFPs are guided almost entirely by emotion, and they trust their own intuitions above basically everything else in the world. They're very difficult people, but I always fall for them. It sucks that the only times they are really rational and objective is when they're at rock bottom emotionally. They also have like a 90% chance of developing massive, inescapable martyr-complexes when they're teenagers, and rarely grow out of them until they're old and busted. And they're incredibly susceptible to emotion-based propaganda, which is the single greatest reason I hate modern feminism: it's ruined the minds of almost all the girls I naturally fall for.

This desu
It's what I always wanted to say but never remembered to

I usually get INTP or INTJ whenever I take the test. I've never gotten anything else.

My gf is an INFP and, while I can imagine her saying some of these things (she's a vegetarian), she is also very logical. She's in a STEM masters program and plays puzzle games in her free time.

I'm INFP and have the most obsessive academically-inclined brains there is while ruining all of my friendships with being a loner. But hey I'm such a people person xD

jesus christ i can't even imagine being someone who autistically pigeonholes people like this

hurrr esfj detected

It's based on Jungian theory and it doesn't claim to be a science. It's Psychology.

What is this personality test and why did I score like this?

I think it works a lot better if you think of yourself in a more broad sense
Instead of a bunch of questions just break it down piece by piece
For example are you introverted or extraverted instead of answering questions that imply one or the other

at least I'm not as crazy as you are

Is a type worse than this? Literal human garbage.

All I can tell u is that chart is bullshit made by some faggot intj

shut up, Anita

>that turbulence

hope you're ok user. I know how it feels to be intp and be so self doubting esp in my case, of my own intelligence. not a good feel desu

Rate my personality, Veeky Forums.

Literally not scientific at all, and doesn't belong on this board.

It literally varies a lot due to Bipolar disorder. No, seriously. It's crazy.

You have the right balance in N/S but you need more F imho

Revive

Why?

Whynot

But this is an attention seeking thread.

Not true. Admission standards could have risen, grading could have gotten better, etc. The sample size is also less than 1000 which means it isn't very meaningful.

It's just an MBTI thread for me

So an attention seeking thread?

The test's intention is to help one determine how one perceives the world and I do think such a thing is possible to a certain extent. The human mind may be complex but it should still be possible to extract some useful information based on certain variables. There are certain patterns in human's behaviour so while the test cannot determine the exact action of a person it can help us get a certain idea of in which direction their thought process is likely to go in.

I don't think the online tests, the ones I've seen at least are the best measure to group people into those groups but nonetheless I find the concept interesting.

By the way I've given the test maybe like a dozen times over the span of 3 years and I've gotten INTP all the time. I've changed in that time frame though, notably I try looking at things from other people's perspectives as well and I take into consideration the concept of emotions. Although to be honest I consider emotions to just be another variable instead of actually understanding it properly.
Oh and at present I also feel like I'm losing my mind and am feeling kind of depressed if that means anything.

You might have autism.

>It's based on Jungian theory and it doesn't claim to be a science. It's Psychology.
I hate people like you who - I am assuming - know little about psychology and think its still Freud and Myers-Briggs bullshit.

By the way, the Big Five has the current scientific consensus but even that I find questionable.

Cognitive biases (really cognitive heuristics), now that is something interesting, especially since that tells you self-testing is inaccurate

Am I autistic?

No. The autistic is INTP
INTJ is aspie/social anxiety

I hate personality psych because it gives fags on Veeky Forums a beyond valid reason to be disgusted by psychology.

t. psychology major

Apparently I'm ISFP: Whether it is finding (or keeping) a partner, reaching dazzling heights on the career ladder, or learning to plan ahead, Adventurers need to put in a conscious effort to develop their weaker traits and additional skills
>tfw never getting qt3.14 gf

>you need to work hard to get something
>waaah i can't
found the nigger
have some hope man

Nah, strong INTJ and I don't really have any social problems. I just know it can be a waste of time to interact with normal people for too long. (Of course things like networking are necessary.)

My dude

I was the exact same pretty much only I found that I got a consistent INTJ when I started isolating myself from social events and started reading more books and revising for my exams.

Who you want to be is who you are.

:)

Bullshit but not totally. It is partially accurate because people tend to grudgingly conform to labels (religious, etc.) no matter how inaccurate. The more we try to force ourselves into categories, the more we take on textbook characteristics of said categories

Socionics is more accurate to Jung's work.

Doesn't resonate with me. They say introversion/extroversion is one of the "big five" verified theories, but it seems like some shit. You're y when you're not x because it's your secondary character? Then what fucking water does the theory hold? It's a very coarse lens manufactured for corporate behavior in mind, perpetuated as a folk ontology to arouse and confirm suspicions of people. Yeah, maybe in a predictably biased, incentivized environment you can say who will and who won't keep their trap shut.

None of these traits have orders. You can't say, "some days I'm perceptive others I'm judging but I'm always perceptive or I'm always judging". That's just... stupid.

Even astrology holds more weight because even if it were a hat draw a person can draw subjective inference of some constancy in their character because it's based on pattern recognition throughout cultures and ages.

What's funny though is mbtis do neatly apply to transcendental entities (countries, businesses) and because they're fixed of course.

I'll try ;_;