My creative juices get flowing when I am drunk, I have inspiring dreams while passed out drunk...

My creative juices get flowing when I am drunk, I have inspiring dreams while passed out drunk, and write while I am awake and getting and drunk. Is this how shit works?

i wish i was the same. alcohols effects are so shit to me

I know that it's a cliche that writers drink, and I am not expecting to be some sort of literary legend, but I do write stuff that is comparable to Stephen King, and it is pretty interesting in my own mind.. When I am passed out drunk entire worlds open up in my sub-conscious mind, and I usually remember this shit and can write it down

That's called the honeymoon phase.

>but I do write stuff that is comparable to Stephen King
That's not something to be proud of, user.

you might not want to create a dependency on alcohol for you to feel creative. what you are doing is creating a feedback mechanism in which you associate drunkenness with creativity. if you continue with this you will be unable to write without drinking.

No, not really. If you ever bother to sober up, you'll probably find your ideas are complete shit.

post some of your drunk meditations

It was a big town, super big (think up word than super) like really bigoutious, that was the name in fact not in this story but use thaer for different. It was asterally big, bigger than the astral and bigger than the astral.

I think it's sort of on the level of poetry, really.

Yes, yes it is.

Until it's not.

this

"Write drunk, edit sober" and as writing is mostly editing you now have no excuse to be drunk frequently.

You see, OP, I used to be like you. Really, I didnt want to write. I like to drink, and I like the feeling of having an epiphany and feeling smart, and I like the aura I thought being a writer gave, and I liked have a vaguely justifiable reason to be insanely drunk.

If you continue like I did, there will be a chair in an AA room with your name on it,

I too write better when I'm drunk. But my parents are always home. What do?

>be me
>write drunk
>go over it sober
>it's all mopey, depressing, self absorbed shit
>mfw

Write sober, edit sober, troubleshoot the printer sober.

but what if he has no creativity unless he drinks. in that case i say let him

>sub-conscious mind
>conscious of it
Do you even brain cell anymore?

What are some Veeky Forums moonman tracks? Right now I'm listening to the superbly Dickensian Moon Who Saved Christmas.

Even the biggest drunk writers out there didn't do this. They wrote and edited sober, then went on a three month bender that landed them in a sanitarium after their book was completed.

Rare Moonman you got there

Well Im now in a position to write and edit sober. So thats nice.

Like others have said its way way better than garbage from a drunk

What you explained is what happens to me on opiates. Codeine is beautiful.

>Be interested in writing suddenly
>Decide to browse Veeky Forums
>Come across this thread

Wow. You guys are a bunch of fucking losers.