Veeky Forums here

Veeky Forums here
what are good books for self-improvement?

"how to improve yourself" by mr selfimproverman

Undoing Yourself with Energised Meditation and Other Devices

"How to suck your boyfriend's dick deeper into your ass during sex: Attaining perfect control of your thick solid glutes" by Immanuel Kant

has anyone written a fictitious self improvement book yet?

>self improving
what are you some kind of faggot?

watch The Golden One videos

>he still doesn't have a single Lamborghini in his Hollywood Hills garage

but i do have 47 hollywood hills in my hollywood hills account

What are you looking for?
Taking a pain pill and accepting your place in societies machine?
Becoming a recluse?
Becoming the most dangerous, scariest motherfucker alive for a little bit?

not him
i want to become a war machine and eventually take off the power in my country using my looks and rhetoric

not wanting to become bigger, better, smarter
what are you, some kind of degenerate?

mostly something that might break me out of my shell and punch my anxieties in the face

i forgot the >
>not wanting to become bigger, better, smarter

>mostly something that might break me out of my shell and punch my anxieties in the face

The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck - Mark Manson

How to Win Friends and Influence People

Ego and its own

This.

And on a more technical level, Getting Things Done by David Allen.

GTD exposes a great idea, but it really doesn't need such a long book. I can summarize it in a few sentences:

- Every "open loop" (ie. anything that, at some moment in your life, you decided required attention) is drawing energy away from you, because how poorly optimized our brain is in managing priorities and timing attention correctly. For this reason, if you want to be productive, feel good and not waste any mental energy, you must close all your open loops.

- As a first step, take a whole afternoon all for yourself. Sit behind you PC and make a super list of ALL the open loops in your life. The email that is still awaiting your reply, your dream of one day learn French, the idea of signing in to a gym, the fact that your car is old and you will probably need to buy a new one soon. Even the smallest thing that, at some point of your life, you decided require attention. They are all draining energy from you and making you feel like you are disorganized.

- Now you have your master list. For each one of the items you can choose one of these options:
. It is not requiring of attention anymore. You can safely forget it. You are sure it is not important and you don't need to remember it anymore. In this case, delete it.
. It is something you would still like to do, but not now. In this case add it to a "in the future" folder.
. It is something you must do now. In this case: if it can be done in a few minutes (like replying to an email) do it right away. If it is more complex, create a folder where you will work on it. In the folder you will collect the plan, ideas, reference material. You will pull out these active folders every day to see where you are at and what is the next action.

That's it. From now on, everytime you notice a new open loop take note of it immediately and process it in the same way. Soon your brain will realize that there is no need to keep worrying because all the important things are taken care of by an external system. You will look everyday at your "todo" folders to see what you need to do to go forward with your projects, and you will look at your "to do in the future" folders maybe once a week or a month, so that you won't forget your old ideas and will incorporate them into your daily routine when the time comes.

I read No More Mr. Nice Guy by Robert Glover on a recommendation from /lit. If you feel your problem is that you care too much about what others think at the expense of liking yourself then it's probably worth a look.

Otherwise, any of Ulysses, Infinite Jest or Gravity's Rainbow would be best.

keep lifting.
social skills are the only thing that really matter and you can't learn it from books. sounds like you're autistic and better to be a physically fit autist than a well-read one.

I've read that and it's really bad.

with a title like that castration is an option.

>the six pillars of self-esteem by nathaniel branden
even if you're confident you may have an unhealthy ego
>mastery by george leonard
>the four agreements by don miguel ruiz
>authentic happiness by martin seligman

1/Read the Dao De Jing
2/Compare all available translations
3/????
4/Profit

The Phenomenology of Spirit

What's the book about taking a pain pill and accepting your place in society's machine?

Anything by Donald J. Trump

This. He called out Rand "The Manlet" Paul and went toe to toe with Ted "Canadian Autistic Cowboy" Cruz.