ITT: books that changed your life

ITT: books that changed your life

You scared women away before you were an Objectivist. It just made you marginally more creepy.

alpha male who reads books that interest him

creepy fuckboy who is so obsessed with pussy that he thinks putting it on a pedestal and being its personal pussy policeman telling people how to properly propitiate pussy on the internet makes him an alpha, actually beta as fuck

t. girl

Literally one of the worst written, utterly irritating works ever. It's one thing to subscribe to social Darwinism, but if you ever come across anyone praising that intellectual abortion of a book, I would strongly suggest to discreetly shit that person in the mouth and quietly retreat to a place not affected by the gigantic vortex of stupidity that such a person invariable generates around them.

Objectivism is a shitty re-branding of Social Darwinism.

>/pol/-teenager the post
>t. girl
Really makes you think.

This honestly. I disagree with some of it but it had a profound influence on me, mostly positive, and got me into philosophy in general.

Social Darwinism is a meme.

Why would someone lie on the Internet like this?

So objectivism is a meme?

Actually don't have any.

I know that Metamorphosis of Prime Intellect gave me an existential crisis that I'm still not 100% I've worked through, though I've mostly buried it.

>"AS had a profound influence on me"
>the whole point of AS is Social Darwinism
>"Social Darwinism is a meme"

Social Darwinism isn't a real ideology, it's just a political buzzword like "cultural Marxism" or "alt-right."

When used in the context of describing it's legitimate ideological merit, it is essentially the same thing as objectivism. Just because something can be used as a "buzzword" doesn't mean the original intended meaning is completely diminished.

It's a sociological/ethica theory comprised of many distinct views, highly popular among the US populace. Not everything is either an ideology or a buzzword, spend less time on /pol/.

"Just a (thing)" is one of the most dangerous sentences a human being can utter. It indicates a willful desire to look beyond the surface.

Regardless, you're wrong and obviously haven't read Rand. She hardly ever emphasized the idea of competition or survival of the fittest, instead trying to present capitalism as win-win for everyone.

Stop being a pseud.

>denies a well established fact
>"yer al dum an rong and havent read"

>100 pages of relentless jerking of laissez-faire
>hardly ever emphasized the idea of competition or survival of the fittest

How can one person be this edgy?

>theory compromised of many distinct views

One of which views/theories is objectivism

>highly popular among the US populace

Debatable

>Not everything is either an ideology or a buzzword

I guess it comes down to what "buzzword" means to you. Is every term that isn't nuanced to your liking a buzzword?

I actually liked The Fountainhead. I've been meaning to read AS. What about it was life changing for you?

>inane babble of a 13 year old
Go away.

>throws around derogatory, anti-intellectual labels
>calls people who disagree with him children

She did not present it as a "win win". She presents it as a system where virtuous and successful people are rewarded; not the same thing.

>more of the same
Just go, young padawan.

Yes, keep up the funny pictures, that's fine.

Well, if you insist.

1/3

2/3

3/3

Prometheus Rising
All the acid I was doing too

just about to start reading both of these. took a tour through bataille's material alongside thirst for annihilation (land). It has changed me... Not as much as Dostoevsky's corpus, but it changed me nonetheless.

das kapital no meme

>Social Darwinism.
is correct leftist cucks should be left to die

This. She goes on to deride any pity for people who lose in the race for the almighty dollar, as they are unsuccessful they must be unvirtuous.
Basically a handbook that says it's ok to be a selfish shit, bound to be given as a gift by one selfish shit to another, the way Nietzsche is flapped around by tinpot dictators and frustrated chefs.

The Bible

>hasn't read it

You disgust me.
You both disgust me.

These two

Read the latter (Russia) when I was a kid and it ended up making a pretty big impression on me

Maybe this one one day. I just finished reading it and found it very insightful, but I'm not sure if it will "change" my life in any significant way.

Hey, pro-tip; girls don't actually refer to boys as "alpha" or "beta".
t. an actual girl

I havn't read a single book that has had a significant impact on me. Why?

That's just as bad of a representation, honestly.