Tfw I just realized that I spent all this fucking time reading and writing to try to impress my qt crush but that girls...

>tfw I just realized that I spent all this fucking time reading and writing to try to impress my qt crush but that girls aren't impressed at all by literature and that she doesn't give a shit

what do?

Get some better motivations.

Realise that girls don't give a shit about anything, but they give a shit about how much you give a shit about it.

any suggestions? my motivations were basically all unconscious until now, like I could kinda tell but never fully acknowledged it.

develop a crush on a qt lit girl and avoid illiterate girls for a change, no?

They've gotta be genuine, man. Imagine your ideal life and start moving towards it. Be willing to update this ideal as you change throughout the journey.

Women are a big part of my ideal life, and one in particular. But as soon as I cum it's easy to see how much a mistake it would be to put someone else at the centre of my vision.

love aint up to us, mayne

>The ideal life is one that is still satisfying just after you've cum.
Fucking word.

You are reading and writing for the wrong reasons. Screwed from the very beginning.
Unless bait, of course.

>girls aren't impressed at all by literature and that she doesn't give a shit

Channel your fine writing skills to writing trash instead.

I agree with this. I recently developed feelings for a chad (femanon desu) and even his obvious stupidity didn't deter me.
Before you all go apeshit and declare that women prefer chads, let me tell you that they don't. This was a first, at least for me.

The lustful aches of your empty vagina and uterus is not love, femanon.

This made me cringe very hard. And don't presume what is and what is not love, user.

I'm a femanon too, how does the stupidity not deter you? the moronic only talking about sports/getting drunk/ that one stacy he hooked up with/more sports/cars/etc etc is the main reason I've found it really difficult to get a bf. Most boys just ain't that interesting to me. Hell, most girls aren't either (in a friendship sense).
Anyway, OP, you shouldn't take up any hobby just to impress the opposite (or same, if that's what floats your boat) gender, you should do it for you. Focussing your whole life on finding a mate is pointless. You have to do things for yourself as well.

women prefer chads

Cringe away, sweetheart.

Yeah i know this, of course, but as I said in a previous post, I didn't even realize that this was the case. I didn't purposely think to myself, "hmmm I wonder what I can do to impress her." Instead I just kind of lived my life, and was eventually led down this path without me realizing.

Because the stupidity was not constant, and he was extremely polite and non-boorish for a guy of his type. I think calling him a chad was stretching it a bit, but I'm bitter so who gives a fuck.

Damn, that's gotta suck. I think I'm in serious danger of becoming bitter as well. I'm 18, never had a bf because I found them all a bit well, dumb, in high school. University is shaping up to be even worse, with lots of pretentious types and SJWs as well. Ah well, c'est la vie.

Hang in there, femanon.

don't let women rule your life. be your own man.

>becoming bitter at 18

When you grow a bit older, you'll meet more mature men, trust this older femanon. Nice lit guys mature only after they hit 25.

now that you're all here, we can settle this once and for all: does dick size matter?

Is that why college professors have young girlfriends?

So what do I do in the mean time? Other than the hobbies I already have that is.

Not to me, no.

no. We tend to priorize intimacy and feelings.

Find OP and fuck some sense into him.

I'm a virgin. (am )
If I can't find a bf I respect enough intellectually and emotionally to lose my virginity to, why would I know anything about dicks at all?

Work on yourself. If you have luck, you may find a sensitive man with some potential now.

yeahhhhh, but you're just saying that, right

please let me take your virginity

>mfw 22 yo piece of shit

There's a numer of reasons for that. Daddy issues and intellectual admiration are real, tho.

Umm, yes lol, these other girls are lying sorry user

They can't tell you what they're unconscious of, user.

Well, I read all the time, watch art-y movies (kind of the film equivalent to literature), play some video games, but not obsessively, play several instruments, speak two languages and am learning Russian and do Karate and surfing. What else should I do to improve? (genuine question).

alright, that's what I thought, just confirming thanks m8s

Unless you're completely impotent you shouldn't worry. See this from other perspective: if you loved a girl, would you excessively mind that she has small tits? I'm aware dicks are important to the male, but they just over do it a bit sometimes, I think.

>does dick size matter?
you tell me bro

Well for starters you could stop listing your interests as though they are a resume for being attractive.

Just dont be a selfcentered moron and you'll be fine. The same applies to girls btw

I'm sure it's not that bad, how big (or small) are we talking lad?

the thing is, small tits are a legit fetish for guys sometimes. they make you look cuter and, in a way, more fragile and feminine. big boobs make you sexy, but small tits can work well with a cute girl, as guys find cute girls often just as alluring as sexy ones but in a different way. however, having a small dick does nothing but make you less masculine

Precisely.

I was specifically asking that guy what I could do to work on myself on top of what I'm already doing.

see? dicks are more important to you males because it makes you feel better about yourselves. Please notice that if you meet a girl that happens to get interested in you, she wouldn't mind this. Overcome your insecurities already, brother.

Why are you asking some stranger what you should do with your life?

the thing to keep in mind is that by the time a girl finally gets to see your junk, you've already done 95% of the work of getting her to think that you're attractive, funny and charming enough to let you go down on her.

She'd have to be a real bitch to just reject you at that point, The same way if a girl allowed herself to be vulnerable in front of you you'd be a cunt to refuse her if she had a weird labia or something.

The sex is workable, you'll just have to spend longer eating her out or whatever. Also, women rarely orgasm from penetrative sex alone so the small dick thing doesn't put you at a "massive" disadvantage.

I'm not. I'm getting some ideas for ways to fill my time seeing as I've given up on dating for the moment (I'm not unattractive, and do get asked out regularly, I just haven't found anyone) and I don't like partying and other common pursuits to my age.

Word

Do you have to make so many arbitrary rules about your life? What's the point in saying "now I will stop dating" if you will just reverse that the moment you meet someone who seems like the ideal lit type you're fawning over in your head?

Why can't you just live your life and do what you want to do from moment to moment?

It's like you so desperately want to be able to say "this is my new thing! It's a big part of who I am!"

I'm just saying I'm not going to actively seek a partner. Not that it's a steadfast rule or anything.

Why are you attacking me over everything? I basically asked for hobby ideas.

haha btfo gotem

wear make up and put out more, you're an 18 year old girl, the world is literally you're oyster.

But no seriously, we don't know your situation so there isn't a massive amount we can help with.

I can offer some gross generalisations though.

>I'm 18, never had a bf because I found them all a bit well, dumb, in high school. University is shaping up to be even worse

From this I gather that your expectations exceed reality. There are two possibilities:
1. You're better looking and smarter than everyone around you.
2. You smartish but don't put a massive amount of effort into your appearance, and because of this guys (who are all shallow around your age, almost no exceptions) don't bother to get to know you and allow you to get to know them.

My guess, given that you're an 18 year old girl wasting her time talking to anonymous autists on Veeky Forums, is it's more of the latter.
You aren't going to find a prince charming, maybe ever, few of us will.

This doesn't mean that you won't find happiness. try to think of people less as objects, accessories to stick onto your laundry list of hobbies:
>I read all the time, watch art-y movies (kind of the film equivalent to literature), play some video games, but not obsessively, play several instruments, speak two languages and am learning Russian and do Karate and surfing
Accept people for what they are; shit. and maybe you'll come to experience of grace in which you can truly show that you love them.

>Before you all go apeshit and declare that women prefer chads

Well they do, and it doesn't bother me for the same reason that it shouldn't bother women that prefer hot women.

But we rarely get what we want anyway.

that men prefer hot women*

>I basically asked for hobby ideas.
Grow a terrarium
Shitpost
Make field recordings
Blaze it 420
Roll for dubs
checkem

I'm taking an interest in you, don't know why. Welcome to conversations outside high school.

Can you not see how strange it is to come onto a Veeky Forums board and ask "what's a hobby I should try until I start actively seeking a man to date?"

I mean, ok, start rock climbing.

What are you looking for, really?

I'm not unattractive, and I like clothing and some makeup (not into the instagram type look, since it seems a bit much, but I can do eye makeup and lips and the like. I tend to go for a vintag-y look). I get asked out a lot. That's not the issue.

I'm only on Veeky Forums for Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums because I don't know anyone who reads or is as much of a history lover as I am.

There's no 100% accurate gauge for intelligence, but I got straight As throughout highschool and read all the time, so I'm not a moron.

this is the attitude of a loser desu. instead, you should strive for self perfection, and eventually the right man will come to you. there are some incredible people out there. just because a majority of them are not doesn't mean that we should settle for the mediocre many. if you really want the life experience, then you can date mediocre guys, I guess, you will lose nothing but a bit of time. But always keep yourself reaching higher. This settled complacent attitude is what leads to unhappy marriages and midlife existential crises. Expect a lot from people and yourself, and constantly strengthen yourself to combat disappointment and suffering, and life will reach ever upwards

I'm in a vulnerable feelsy place here because I do have a qt I have a long and strong bond with who likes to be all literary, go to museums, read poetry to each other, have bouts of great sex, I've turned her onto Pessoa, Miller, Kafka, Houellebecq, Beckett, Lispector, and she enjoys when I rave about Joyce constantly, and our banter is fun and lively and goddamn I love this girl, but she won't do relationships because of various mental problems. And I lie on the 10% side of her 90% preference for women. I just want to love her, guys.

I didn't come to /it/ to do that. I literally responded to someone telling me to 'work on myself' on a Veeky Forums board that is talking about dating and the like. The original response was to a femanon who mentioned not being put off by the moronic nature of your average Chad. It was in context.

It's not like I started a specific thread devoted to it. That would be weird.

>but she won't do relationships because of various mental problems

Run away

are you going to an elite college next year? college is full of retards, yes, but also the place where you will probably find your first examples of genius. As a top student in highschool who went to a top college, i can guarantee that the thought of being "too smart" for others (that is very easy to get at this stage of life) becomes very difficult to maintain in college when there are legit geniuses on campus.

I don't really live in a place with any elite colleges desu.

why not go out of state then? it's not like plane flights compare whatsoever to the cost of tuition or anything

I mean I live in a country that doesn't have any elite colleges. I'm not American.

I am thinking of doing post grad at Oxford or Cambridge since I have a dual citizenship with England.

This whole thing is weird, if you haven't already noticed.

OK, the area you need to work on is going to parties and being a charming socialite. It's the one thing obviously missing from your self improvement repertoire.

> I'm not a moron
None of us are, it doesn't mean our heads aren't pretty far up our arses. This is what it means to be a pseud, to use a word that gets thrown around here a lot.

>here are some incredible people out there. just because a majority of them are not doesn't mean that we should settle for the mediocre many.
We're all mediocre. It doesn't mean that we're undeserving of affection.
>This settled complacent attitude is what leads to unhappy marriages and midlife existential crises.
I thought it was the death of God.
>Expect a lot from people
Terrible advice
>this is the attitude of a loser desu
I know

But I just don't like getting drunk. Or high. I like going to concerts and seeing live music, if that counts.

>we're all mediocre
speak for yourself m8
>I thought it was the death of God
That's part of it, but also the feeling of being trapped with someone when there are better people and thus better lives elsewhere
>terrible advice
no u
>i know
srry

Sometimes you gotta jump in the fire to get what you want.

As an older woman on Veeky Forums, what's your opinion on this shit hole. What brings you here user, I'm asking out of genuine curiosity.

Who said anything about getting wasted? Part of being a charming socialite is not having a herd mentality (or just doing the opposite for the sake of it).

Learn to be charming in groups of people.

Come to think of it, learn how to get intoxicated, irrational, fun, while staying respectable.

Veeky Forums is 99% men. from which we can only surmise she likes the feeling of being surrounded and overwhelmed by men and thus metaphorically slapped and gangbanged by dicks constantly

I've tried to date normies girls and going out to see star wars or whatever and even when they keep up with my sense of humor it just feels monotonous, like treading water and putting on fronts, whereas this girl enables me to be the kind of person I try to be, and that's a rare thing.

Clarification: "doesn't do relationships" means she actively tries to retreat from most people and lets nobody into that space, not that she fucks around a lot or whatever.

Well, as someone who's been lurking in this thread and a woman, but not that user, I think it's just that, a shithole. I find the misogyny, racism, homophobia and other extremes endlessly fascinating, and would love to write a book about it and it's antithesis, tumblr.

Also I like talking about books and no one I know in the real world reads anything other than best sellers.

The point is that it doesn't do YOU any good to be around people who are so mentally unstable they can't even be in a mature monogamous relationship with other people.

go for it mane. I personally have dated of the those types that you are speaking of, and would much rather have a life with this type than the mediocre life with mediocre women. The suffering will be greater, but so will every other emotion. It's about whether or not you can handle the intensity of life and whether or not you want it.

Have you ever gotten drunk user, or where your parents the conservative type, who wouldn't let you go out to parties, out with your friends, which is why you now defensively hold the attitude that parties "aren't your thing". Trying to make up for what you perceived as irrationality from otherwise rational people, your parents, who you respect.

Kek

Would you ever go out with one of us

No, my parents were very chill. I have gotten drunk, tried weed etc. Weed makes me feel sick (I think it's genetic, my mother said it did the same to her and she never liked it) and I don't really like the feeling of being very drunk, although I like wine, champagne and some cocktails.

no, but i suck all your dongs, especially yours user

It would depend on whether you hated me for being a woman or if you were a decent guy who happens to browse Veeky Forums. I'm sure there are some of you I'd date, and there are many I wouldn't (anyone on /pol/, for example)

Are you australian love, I'll be your bf.

Good guess. The whole lack of good unis gave it away eh?

GDAY M8 KANGAROOS N SHIT

I wouldn't hate you for being a woman, only for being a pleb. :^)

>implying women aren't all plebs

More like fuck it's hot and terrible internet (NBN sucks, thanks Malcolm).

>intensity of life
Not after they leave you for the next spontaneous love affair.

Ah, there you go. One of the many I wouldn't date.

That and at some point you mentioned you like surfing

2bh the uni's here aren't that bad. There's at least one good one per state, UWA, UQ, Monash, UNSW etc.
If you can afford to you can go to ANU.

I suppose it depends on what you're lookin to study

I am nearby.

So...

>conservative parents
>hippie kid

>hippie parents
>conservative kid

Never fails.

That doesn't even apply to this case

I didn't say there's nothing decent.

I just mean there's no historical institutes like Europe has or the US has.

>tfw you will never go to an Ivy League school or Oxbridge in your own country
>tfw your country has very little literary or artistic tradition
>tfw most of the wildlife wants to kill you and you'll probably die of skin cancer

It never does until it does, user.

>tfw no lonely 27 yo gf to intellectually validate
>you will never light up a j and just make out for like 45 minutes

Not liking getting smashed and high every weekend does not equate to being conservative. It just means I want to be relatively healthy and not tarnish my mental faculties.