Why does everyone on Veeky Forums hate seasoning their food so much...

Why does everyone on Veeky Forums hate seasoning their food so much? Does everyone here just have zero taste buds or what?

I like how the actual ingredients taste.

If you cook things right and don't have the palate of a child, you don't need to rely on seasonings.

Pretentious bullshit.

Any real chef would slap you if you said that to them.

So preferring your food to be fucking boring means you have a mature palate?

If anything you're the one without a palate

I'm sorry I'm not a melanin enriched person who needs to put shit liquefying (((spices))) in my food

You sound like the kind of person who empties all 8 packets of red pepper you get with a pizza to hide the taste of your toppings

too many spices makes food shitty. why do you think steak is best served with just salt and pepper?

sup whitey

No, why would I put seasoning on pizza? It's already flavorful as it is.

We season while preparing and cooking the food, not after.

I would need salt and pepper too if I was eating my steak well done you nigger.

I think a lot of people on Veeky Forums aren't too experienced with cooking, and if that's the case, it's more important to focus on your technique than the seasoning. It doesn't matter if you have a perfectly seasoned piece of chicken if it's still raw in the center or has the texture of sawdust from being overcooked so long.

because the majority of Veeky Forums are white

>why would I put seasoning on a pizza

what do you even mean by that?

every cooking thread i've ever seen has people using salt, pepper and other appropriate spices

do you just dump old bay on everything?

I was wondering the same. At most I see suggestions to season veggies with just salt and pepper. There are so many different spices to experiment with other than salt and pepper! I used to be overwhelmed by the possibilities so it could be other people feeling that way too.

out of curiosity, what would you season veggies with? surely it matters how you prepare them.

maybe roast veggies with salt, pepper, olive oil and get that good burnt, roasted taste in there

pan seared in butter, salt, pepper, garlic, lemon juice

stir fried in butter with salt, coriander, cinnamon and garlic

i mean, this is what i see on Veeky Forums. i don't understand where this meme is coming from. Veeky Forums are the ones boiling chicken with plain rice.

But seasoned undercooked chicken > plain undercooked chicken?

They're white.

Well you shouldn't be eating either of them, so it doesn't matter.

When I cook for people I often get asked what combination of spices I used when normally I just use oil/butter salt and pepper.

seasoning with a goal in mind is good
Veeky Forums just blindly shakes spice jars over their boneless chicken breast because you are all cultureless flyovers and whites (note: blacks are also white, get a room you two)

You wouldn't understand.

No, I understand perfectly. Apparently, a piece of sautéd chicken tastes just fine and could be in no way improved by any sort of additional seasoning. Fuck diversifying your tastes, that's old school shit! Fuck it, just boil all food now.
No!
Wait!
You wouldn't want the WATER to impart any new flavors onto the meat that nature already fucking perfected! So just toss it in a pan over an electric unit until it's done.
P E R F E C T I O N

God this entire board is mentally deficient.

Spices are used to mask poorly cooked food

So to go full autist, you hate on spices so you can know your food is cooked well

The thing is, well cooked food is enhanced by spices as well, and if you can't tell the difference between good quality food with spices and poor quality food with spices your taste buds suck

This just proves /co/ has terrible taste buds desu

hard same

this is the real reason

more seasoning ideas 4 u

any recipe for peas is enhanced by just a little bit of nutmeg

lamb is great with a sauce made of cloves, onion, dijon, and guiness draft

anything you plan to finish with lots of lemon should prolly be started with coriander to deepen that citrus flavor

consider fennel seeds and red pepper flakes along with garlic for any italian vegetables

Most of the people here are white and/or autistic so that really skews the tastes here.

because your dish is ultimately only as good its ingredients, and most of the time you won't need half of the spices you think you need. forget about those packaged seasoning blends, too.

It's been said but yeah whiteys

I put rosemary and garlic on fucking EVERYTHING.

I challenge you to find something that isn't enhanced by these delicious taste-bud blessings.

Hey man don't bring /co/ into this

>potato slices with rosemary into the airfryer or oven
>put in some garlic when almost done
how can something so simple be so tasty

OP is a faggot but right

I love seasoning stuff. Ppl like should kts because who the fuck doesn't season their meat? What do they just eat plain beef well done with no jus or anything? Sounds like prison.

This

>Le whitey tastebud mey-mey

Just fucking neck yourselves already

If you want bland you should try nip food.

>he doesnt put pepper, basil, oregano and garlic powder on his 'za

Butthurt white boi detected

What's wrong whitey can't handle the truth?

you've misunderstood not using any spices at all with the act of relying on spices as a crutch. a large proportion of the "fuggin white people" crowd won't admit to using the same or similar mix of flavours they always do to cover up issues with their skill of the quality of the meat

Can you be any more assblasted, cumskin?

Retarded bullshit that people only apply to certain foods. There's no rhyme or reason to why some foods have been designated "you need it plain" and others are full of interesting seasonings.

>Hey man don't bring /co/ into this

>He doesn't remember April 1st

It's because Veeky Forums is mostly whites, and cumskins have no taste.

Most people here are white neets with severe medical conditions

Get back up your tree, Schwartzer.

>Taco seasoning

will try this
thanks user

This is one of the dumbest fucking posts I have ever read on one of the dumbest fucking thread.

Stop coping like a child just because some retarded faggot nigger leftist posts anti-white memes

>make completely false claim
>idiots post anyway
Jesus Christ you guys are retarded

you must be dumb af; what do you think is in a taco seasoning packet that you use most likely because you just said that lmfao. NEVER use taco seasoning packets; always make your own, cheaper and way better tasting.

People who both cook and eat without any addition of spices are probably fucking British. You know why the East Indies company was developed and eventually America was discovered? To get spices because British food was FUCKING BORING AND BLAND.

call me what you like but both you and the guy i replied to are acting awfully agitated for people who think they're too intellectual for it all

>People who both cook and eat without any addition of spices are probably fucking British.

When most Chinese eat Japanese food for the first time, we all think it's "bland"...

Over the years, I've learned that Japanese food is infintely superior in using high quality & fresh ingredients while chinese food RELIES on heavy MSG, salt, & spices to hide bad meat & old vegetables.

The more you start to appreciate fresh, high qualify food, the less "spices" and additives you need to alter the food's taste.

Nice Reddit spacing, user.
Post a fucking frog next time and be done with it.

Ok, I will.

Faggot lmao

Also, you know they put spices and seasonings in your pizza pockets and tendies.

>Unironically using taco seasoning

>He doesn't eat Taco Bell

>he does

Yet another rude and overly emotional right winger. It's getting pretty boring at this point.

>Eating taco bell ever

>he eats food

What do you think shit like mirin or soy sauce does? It seasons food.

Cos westerners

Asians are the only one who can use seasonings, coz westerners only get 'muh salt and pepperz' which is shit.

>spice isn't an ingredient

>When most Chinese eat Japanese food for the first time, we all think it's "bland"...
>Over the years, I've learned that Japanese food is infintely superior in using high quality & fresh ingredients while chinese food RELIES on heavy MSG, salt, & spices to hide bad meat & old vegetables.

My parents didn't even have refrigeration until the early '90s after the Cultural Revolution...

Chinese food is like indian food in that we have to use alot of salt & spices to hide unrefrigerated, spoiled meats.

>My parents didn't even have refrigeration until the early '90s after the Cultural Revolution...

Hingdai where you from

The fucking smugness radiating from this comment! Go clench your vagina muscles with your wife's son, bitch.

>I challenge you to find something that isn't enhanced by these delicious taste-bud blessings.

cream filled chocolate eclairs
sushi
chocolate milk
lemon bars
egg drop soup
massaman curry
tom kha kai

I could probably think of a few more, but there are definitely a ton of things that are NOT enhanced by rosemary & garlic. KYS

If you don't use salt on basically everything you're a dumb faggot

>cumskins

as a POC, I have never encountered another POC that uses this term. only whites pretending not to be white in the internet use the term cumskin.

go outside more and quit being a bootyblasted little bitch